Rumor : Woody wants LaFleur and the entire offensive staff fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What times? 3 halves of football and a couple schoolyard plays where he completed 40 yard passes off his back foot?

He has no idea how to read a defense or play the game, man. And he has terrible pocket instincts. Throwing the ball out of the stadium never helped JaMarcus Russell.

Nyjets4eva, Jets69 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

But…But…But… JaMarcus Russell was going to be Manningest!! ;)

3. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

That’s not to say it can’t work. Teams do replace coordinators all the time. It has worked before, it can work again.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Actually he does know how to read a defense, but he reads it too slow and second guesses himself. And he's been told to stay in the pocket and not scramble, to stick with the plays as drawn. If he had a more reliable OL he'd have more faith in doing that. And yes, his slow reads have definitely compounded this.

But you can teach a guy how to improve in these areas, you can't teach him how to "throw the ball out of the stadium". Zach needs to improve in this area, but if he does he can become a top 10 QB. IDK if he can, but until Douglas and Saleh come out and say he can't, it's possible.

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I don’t think that it is too much of a negative to have a new offense installed if we have 4/5 of the Oline new, a new QB, and a second year WR and RB who have only put 1 season in this O and picked it up no problem.

If we don’t have 4/5 new Oline or a new QB then our problems are bigger than changing the OC.
    If Saleh wants to dig in on that front, then clean house and make a huge run at trying to get Payton and let him run the show.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  6. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Even if we still have Zach as starter, who’s to say a new OC can’t make him into at the very least a serviceable starter? QBs struggle when they’re placed in the wrong game scheme. LaFleur was very predictable in his game calling, let’s get someone in who maybe can figure out a game plan he can succeed in. Dare I suggest, a game plan he can dominate in?

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  7. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Michael Kay just reported that MLF is out.

JetFanInNE and Nyjets4eva like this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That Is not the same. Urban Myer was clearly In another world and didn't take that situation seriously at all.

They didn't just cut ties with their OC. They cut ties with everyone.

So, If that's the route Woody wants to take. Cool, fire everyone. Otherwise, this Is nowhere near the same situation.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

If he Is slow at processing the information, that means he CAN'T read a defense. Staying In the pocket when It Is clean and viable Is the point, he Isn't being told to stay In the pocket no matter the circumstances. If the pocket breaks down, go make a play, absolutely. That's just not the case In most instances with this kid though, he wants to scramble because he CAN'T read the defense.

I'm glad you have so much faith In the kid for no reason. I just don't get It. He has only shown that he Is the worst QB In the league over the span of time he's been given to try to be a good QB In this league. Stats prove It. Eye test proves It.

This stance will forever confuse me, CC.

Trainer, Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
  10. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Yeah, athletic also reporting it. They probably gave him the choice to be babysat by a senior guy and he balked at it. This was a no win situation for anyone. What a cluster.

11. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Because J E T S. I guess.

12. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

So does this mean they will institute a new system? Will Calabrese take over and run the shanahan system? Who would want this job (as in any competent veteran)
    Will Kingsbury or Hackett take it and try to fix Zach? That would bolster a career for sure.

13. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

We are better off trust me y’all I know some of y’all don’t think so. But we will get someone else who at least has some experience and this offense will be better off. Especially with this D we have we just had to make this move MLF was absolutely horrible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.