Hard Knocks 2023

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets81, Jan 9, 2023.

?

Who do you want to see on Hard Knocks?

1. Jets

2. Bears

3. Commanders

4. Saints

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Nothing official yet, but now do you all feel about the high probability of the Jets being the featured team again?

If you don’t want to see the Jets, which team would be the next most interesting to watch?

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t really like the circus aspect it brought but I think that was because of who the ring leader was at the time.

I like it as a fan and I think with a more conservative head coach and organizational approach, it’s a neutral experience that doesn’t help or hurt the franchise.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I think, unless ZW is shaping up to be the biggest turnaround in the shortest amount of time…ever…then it’s not a great idea. I don’t trust this group to keep the things they need to stay in house, in house. And I get that airing that stuff out is the idea here, but this team just doesn’t need it.

To be fair, most teams that can be forced into it aren’t in a great spot to begin with, but the extra Zach drama could incentivize HBO to go with the Jets. Especially if the FO makes the foolish move of not signing a vet that most people would expect to be the starter.

I’m hoping that someone takes a QB and ends up with HK as a result.

4. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

The Jets might be the most compelling story of the bunch.

As they say in auto racing, the Jets could be a "checkers or wreckers"-scenario next year and a large part of that will be how they handle the OC and especially the QB situation.

So, if it is the Jets, the "Hard Knocks" cameras will either capture a team about to embark on a quick ascent, or about to plunge into the abyss - despite the collection of talent on the team. That sounds like a pretty good story to capture on camera if I am producing the series.

Jets81 likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

One Jets Drive is better than Hard Knocks, but I wouldn't mind. There is so much media these days, I don't think it bothers the players. Especially the Jets.

UK_Chilts and Jets81 like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's an unnecessary, nonproductive distraction. Why would anyone team want to do it other than for marketing purposes?

Leicester Jet and NY Jets68 like this.
  7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I agree. Unfortunately I think the Jets are in a spot where they could be forced by the league.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There's 32 teams out there; how could the league require the Jets to participate for the third time in 13 years? They should be out of it for the next 80 - 90 years.

TheCleaner, Leicester Jet and twown like this.
  9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Anyone but the Jets. Horrible move. I don't think a large segment of this fanbase realizes that we're about as solid of a roster/team that we've had in over a decade.

The last thing we need are these unnecessary distractions. If this team has a good offseason (draft an OL or two early), acquires a vet QB, and adds a few more pieces (another LB'er, S and skill guy) we will be right there next year.

Stick to an offseason blueprint something like this and they will be in the playoff chase next year, no doubt.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

HBO can call it "Easy Knocks" since that's what One Jets Drive is.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I'd say the Jets should pass on it, but it would probably sail 5 yards over head.

Br4d likes this.
  12. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

As far as distractions it didn’t work out too bad for the Lions as they way overachieved. I love behind the scenes stuff though.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I thought the rules where a team could be forced to participate if the league wants them to were:

1. Its been over 10 years since their last HK appearance
    2. No rookie head coaches
    3. Missed the playoffs last season

Not positive on this. I’ve seen these teams making the rounds as qualifying, though.

And this doesn’t exclude other teams from participating, they just can’t forced by the league. I’ll see if I can dig up their selection process somewhere.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If the NFL was smart, they would wait a couple years for the Jets so they can cover the Sauce Training Camp hold out, then his triumphant return at the end of Hard Knocks.

Jets81, Jonathan_Vilma and Br4d like this.
  15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'd rather not. It's too important of a year for us to have the circus In the house following everyone around, putting out the teams business. No thanks.

16. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I agree 100% We don't need these sorts of distractions when we have so much work do to in camp.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Normally I’d say no way but if the Jets go into next season with ZW as a favorite to take the job I’d support it.

A lot of what went wrong with ZW went wrong in plain sight of the team but obscured from public view. At least Hard Knocks would bring some of that stuff to light.

18. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I’d love to see New England in Hard Knocks. They didn’t make the playoffs AND aren’t they the most popular (and loved) team in America? Doesn’t the media LOVE THEM and everything they do?? Don’t the talking heads all say that they are run the way all teams should aspire to? Why shouldn’t we be allowed to see exactly how a model team is run so we can compare how pathetic all other teams are in comparison?
    I guarantee good ratings if they force them. I might actually tune in so I can watch Billy B lose his F’n mind. ;)