2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think signing Carr to a short-term (3ish years) deal and either trying to work with Zach or drafting another QB on Day 2-3 is the move this offseason.

I would also love to see them let Calabrese go and sign someone like Kubiak to be the QB coach/insert offensive assistant title here. Idk if Calabrese is a bad coach but at this point it's obvious whatever dynamic exists in that QB room isn't working so it might be best for both sides to move on.

I'm indifferent on MLF. I don't think he's as bad as some fans believe but I also don't think he's a very good OC either. Will be interesting to see how that decision shakes out over the next week or so. Saleh's made it pretty clear that if has his choice, MLF will be here next year so if he's gone it's a Woody decision/directive.

Jojo and Lon Chaney like this.
  2. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Good point, all the detractors seem to forget that the last two TDs scored were by Zach in a game we should have won if not for our "ELITE" defense. Whole ofensive staff needs to go.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

haha hahahaha. go home. Zach can’t run for TDs or throw for more than 200 yds. The kid is a bum.

he was worst statistically than everyone

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

All three 3 QBs performed about the same. All three QBs leaned on Garrett Wilson all Three QBs have played up and down. This is 100% on the OC. You do not go into the season with Zach as your option you make hm earn the right.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Great comeback from a brilliant poster. Zach bad all else good. LOL

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He has done both so that isn't true. He his barely worse statistically that you can call it about even and has won more with him playing. You are right he is a bum.

My take is he might be a bum but 20 games is not enough.

7. BrooklynJetsFan

No they did not. Zach consistently missed open wide receivers all day long. Stop lying to yourself.

By the time MW came in the o line and running backs room were depleted.

8. BrooklynJetsFan

But he wouldn’t beat out anyone in camp. so he’s a bench warmer.

definitely not MW and vet Qb.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

HAHA, Zach played behind a great O-line. I saw all three qbs miss open receivers including several screens. Flacco sailed a screen yesterday. You already think Zach is what he is and have believed that before he even suited up. I think the evidence shows that Zach still has a chance the all QBS played about the same under this horrible OC.

Zach has to get better but he still can. If MLF is the OC Zach is better off on another team.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think is funny bring in Carr , Jimmy G. etc. Carr has two head coaches that are considered offensive gurus and has struggled what makes you think he will do better with LaFleur? Jimmy G can't stay healthy and you think he would want to play behind this o-line?

If you are out on Zach a vet QB like Carr and Jimmy G will not come here with MLF as coordinator the best we could hope for would be a Mitch Trubinsky, or a Mariotta type. With a vet OC we might have a chance at better quality Jag.

Make no mistake Zach stepping up is still what is best for the Jets.

11. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

My bet is it will be Carr. He consistently has above average seasons and he doesn't get injured much. He's also in his prime right now. He'll be expensive but not top of the line expensive.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Carr would come here why?

13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Wait, how did Carr struggle?

He was 8th in the league in TDs and 10th in yards before he got benched prior to Week 17. I'd sign up for those struggles all day long.

I do agree that Zach figuring everything out would be best for the jets in the long run but I don't have a ton of confidence in that scenario playing out anymore.

dmw likes this.
  14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

NY market, top 10 defense, money, young play-makers at WR and RB.

I'm not saying us signing him is a slam-dunk but it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Ralebird and dmw like this.
  15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Money would seem to be the only reason. He thinks the fans were hard on him with Raiders.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They benched him and are looking to move on. Every year there is talk that he os not good enough. I am not arguing that he is better than anyone in our QB room today. I have always liked Carr.

dmw likes this.
  17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The team is built to win. Playmakers on both sides of the ball. That's why.

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Much better! They benched him b/c they don't want him to get injured and have to pay his big fat salary next season with him on IR.

cval likes this.
  19. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

OC? Bahahaha none of these QBs would start for another nfl team. OC is gone because he didn’t develop Wilson

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The only playmaker we have on the offensive side of the Ball is Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall when healthy. We would have to way over pay to get him to come to NY, especially with the OC we have.