12 straight quarters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Jan 8, 2023.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

You seem kind of bothered Wimp Lo

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Streveler likely would have won this game for the Jets. Not with a great performance but all the Jets needed was a TD on one drive and they win and they couldn't do it.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Joe Walton’s team would occasionally put up an offensive stinker, we were in no way ever this atrocious offensively during his tenure.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Nailed it.

Nyjets4eva and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

6 teams finished 7-10 the jets pick last out of those teams ... only the jets lol

Nyjets4eva, Acad23, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Well that's a semi positive...

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

One thing I will say: last year many of us wanted Ulbrich fired as the defense ranked about dead last in every category. Historically bad by Jets and maybe NFL standards. This year, with some added talent and players healthy, they're an at least above average defense and probably better. And the offense, while putrid in recent weeks, wasn't even as bad as the defense was last year. This isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of LaFleur, but I've seen competence from this offense for many stretches in the past two years, especially with more talent on the field.

If they fire LaFleur, they better have a really good alternative. Don't just fire him to fire him. I'd start with a stronger QB coach

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I want Harbaugh

I want Payton

I want a SMART Coach..with GM oversight or who is the GM himself . Doesn't sound like what JD would like but his decisions have mostly been shit tbh

Not someone new to Head coaching ,,will this EVER happen ?I seriously doubt it

Because the Jets are just Woodys private play toy and hobby for him and his Corporate buddy at Jet blue who wants his Nephew to somehow be a an NFL QB :/

So Woody wants the Jet Blue Boy Bust Zach to succeed while we all just get Blue Balls lol

EDIT: My Bad ...Uncle no longer works at Jet Blue according to Ralebird..so let me just say the Jets are still one of Woodys toys ..hmm look what he's done to the Hess truck..ugh

#48 NYJetsO12, Jan 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    Br4d and JetsFan like this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Come on. Streveler is a less talented Tim Tebow. I get the whole invalid you don’t know thing, especially considering the Jets’ options, but that guy’s just not an NFL quarterback.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tim Tebow was really good at winning 10-9 games. It was the games where the opponents could actually score a couple of TD's that he sucked in.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I went out to lunch with a friend partly because I'm long past giving a shit about the season but I caught the last minute and a half of the game on the radio on the way home.

If I had been drinking water I would have spit it out all over the windshield. Miami makes the 50 yrd FG and then the refs called the safety after the game was over. I went, "You're kidding me, right?! Holy, hahahaha!"

The last play the last game of the year and the Jets outjetted themselves. I was alone in the car and I was shrieking like hell.

SOJAZ and teamgreen like this.
  12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

No matter who the coach is, or what play you call, if you can’t block the play, you have NO SHOT.
    Other than a few plays vs Seattle, this OL hasn’t opened a hole in weeks. I wish I had 10 dollars for every first down running play that left us at 2nd and behind the chains. We were decimated up front all year, and it really showed up the 2nd half of the season … especially the final 3 weeks.

Not our only problem on offense, but probably the biggest one.

13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

If they bring back LaFleur or any member of the offensive staff (after what we saw the last three games) then the jets have no chance in 2023. Saleh doesn't have the balls to cut his buddy LaFleur and Douglas doesn't have the balls to get rid of Zach Wilson. Hello 7-10 for 2023!

Br4d and Lon Chaney like this.
  14. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

It’s not about not having the balls to cut Wilson. They cannot cut him for salary cap purposes. It’s been explained multiple times and in multiple places

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

When Wilson provides a reason for hope other than one decent year against the Covid Conference and an outrageously overrated draft position I'll lead the charge.

16. Ralebird

They could extend the entire coaching staff tomorrow. With raises.

17. Ralebird

Would you care to edit this message if I told you that Zach Wilson's uncle was canned at JetBlue in 2008? Pretty sure that young Zach was just a few months
    shy of his ninth birthday at the time.

I think your blue balls must have another explanation.

18. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Geno Smith had 30 TD's this year.
    Sam Darnold had more TD Passes than Zach Wilson while just playing 7 games.

19. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

And only two TD passes in last 6 games from 4 different QBs. Coaching issue. Not saying offense it top ten with different coach, but offense is middle of pack, top 20 or so.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

awfully short-sighted to cut the number 2 overall pick after 20 games.

ColoradoContrails and JetFanInNE like this.