The Jets might just be the worst team in all of sports

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SOXXX2, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't know if we're the worst.

But we definitely have the ugliest uniform in football.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

If I could sell it for 5.5 billion which is the estimated value of the franchise then yes, yes I would sell it

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The 49ers just won ten games with Brock Purdy taking snaps.

AtlantaJet, NY Jets68 and Acad23 like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They won 5 with him but point well taken because they took his good looking uncle to a SB.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

On the bright side... we have the receipts!

kevda5n9ne and NY Jets68 like this.
  6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

And they have the best defense in the NFL and elite skill positions (and Purdy is playing well) - plus I am talking about consistent success - they have won their division twice in the last 10 years as they have been lacking at the QB position - when they had a top tier QB (Montana and then Young) they won that division pretty much every year (and they made the playoffs 14 out of 15 years)

7. Dierking

Yes.

So you build a strong enough team so that you can plug any available invalid off the street at QB and still win.

Or you draft Superman every three seasons and watch him shit kryptonite out of his mouth every Sunday.

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

If nothing else, the absolute worst logo for sure.

Acad23 likes this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Kraft is a tool too but not our problem. He had the luxury of having Brady as his QB for close to 20 years and Belli is not a terrible HC even without Brady.

Kraft isn't our problem so I don't care what he does or doesn't. I care about Woody. He is the problem and he has to go. Can you state a few facts about why Woody should stay?

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Low effort for sure...

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

which teams are winning consistently with bad QBs? In the last 10 years just look at the teams with lots of wins and that were going into the playoffs on a regular basis:
    - Patriots - Brady
    - Seahawks - Wilson
    - Packers - Rodgers
    - Chiefs - Mahomes

Notice any common factor?

12. Dierking

Because there’s nothing the average idiot like you or me can do to make him leave. So don’t focus your energy on pointless endeavors.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yeah. You have a point there but will still try.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, of course, but with all due respect these guys don't grow on trees. First a team has to be able to identify these great QBs. Notice anything else in common? None were taken with the first pick. Mahomes was the closest at #10. Brady and Wilson weren't even taken in the first round.

So it's really hard to know who's going to become a great QB. And then if you're the Jets who place so little value on identifying and developing QBs they haven't had a great one since Namath. The jury is still out on ZW - IMO - but it's not looking good.

But your point is valid. If I were Woody, I would contact a couple of known QB gurus and pay them to help me identify the best QB talent available, including active players and the upcoming draft. And I would direct Douglas to get one of them come hell of high water. Even then it's a crap shoot. But let's say they get one of these guys, then they have to build an offense around him. When have the Jets ever done that?

It's a daunting task - for any team - which is why I believe the Jets have always tried to take the "easier" path of building a team that doesn't require a good QB, and instead relies on "ground and pound". It can work...sometimes. But for it to work you need a damn good OL and somehow the Jets haven't been able to even get that right lately.

Bottom line: if it was as easy as you say to get a great QB, every team in the NFL would have one.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Threats don't work on people like woody. mocking them does.
    Someone like him with his own head so far up his own ass hates to be mocked.

16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

That and who knows.

Younger generations don't care about football or sports in general. Not that it matters to Woody, because by the time sports die out, he wont be alive anyway.

17. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

The value keeps going up plus he gets the revenue and the hype that comes with being an NFL owner. 5 billion is not going to change his life, but not being an NFL owner anymore would.

18. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Receipts expired back in November. We're stuck with our original crappy purchase.

kevda5n9ne and Acad23 like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Jets might want to try this strategy. We’ve banged out what? Four straight top 45 picks and three top 6 picks at QB to no avail?

20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Not the worst, but considering our market and fan base we are the most disappointing by far. If we weren't in New York nobody would really care that much outside of our fans. Being in the "Big Apple" makes us a bigger punchline nationally and deservedly so. When I lived in Los Angles and would be asked what team I rooted for and said the Jets, it would be followed up by a sarcastic "I'm Sorry" line. That happened a few times as well lol. Oh well there is always next year.

kevda5n9ne likes this.