The Jets might just be the worst team in all of sports

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SOXXX2, Jan 8, 2023.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The only team that has a longer playoff drought is the Kings in the NBA, I would argue that making the playoffs in the NFL is less challenging. Every organization in the NFL broke their playoff droughts over the past 5-6 years, except the NY Jets.

It's almost difficult to not make the playoffs for this long in a league that has seen so much parity and now additional playoff spots.

It's really mind-boggling that after we left the field in Pittsburgh and watched Victor Cruz run 99 yards, this organization has never been the same.

This has to be the worst era in Jets history, just because there is so much parity yet only one team can't seem to figure it out....

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/12-longest-active-playoff-droughts-in-nfl-nba-mlb-nhl

rscherwin and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I know It doesn't feel like It right now but I do think next year will be the year. I do think we have a lot of good In front of us.

I just wish the fanbase could see all the good that Is there. Why things fell apart after losing so many quality pieces to this team.. Meh.

We are further along In a lot of ways, further away In others.

I guess this Is the time to let out the frustration but I really do believe things are about to get much better for us. I truly hope so anyway.

truthbtold and bicketybam like this.
  3. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Nothing will change until the clueless Johnsons sell the team. We are stuck with ownership that only cares about revenue and not winning.

Jets1035 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I agree, but the NBA is way easier to get into the playoffs then the NFL. Teams try to tank and accidentally make the playoffs every year in the NBA.

That being said, jets are easily a bottom 7 organization in sports.

Magic
    Pirates
    Marlins
    Browns
    Jets
    Kings, they are good this year though
    I'm sure there's an NHL team or 2 that's terrible in their own right.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's funny how people say Jets fans are mean when other fanbases boo and call for firings over things that are nothing compared to what the Jets do. If Jets fans were like other fans, home games would alternate between nonstop booing and empty stadiums. Which frankly is what the Johnsons deserve.

JETFUEL1580, Br4d, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Maybe the opinion from an outsider might lift you up. The jets have been a joke for a very long time, but they are not anymore. You actually and tangibly have players to be excited for (sauce, Wilson, AVT, etc) who are legit. They will keep building. Imo, the jets have turned a corner from years past. I know it doesn’t feel like it right now, but just because you didn’t make the playoffs doesn’t mean you’re still a laughingstock. Stay positive

IIMeanDeanII and Jets1035 like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sorry, but that honor belongs to the Chicago Cubs who hadn't won shit since I think 1909. That's 93 years without a WS win. Now THAT's frustration for ya..

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

They won the WS like 5 or 6 years ago. That curse has been broken.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yes.. but before that, it was almost a century.

I guess if we're talking recent times, the Jets hold that honorable distinction.

JackBower likes this.
  10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

We are also currently in the longest playoff drought in franchise history. That's saying something.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have said that repeatedly over and over

I am watching the Giants Eagles game and featuring a bio on Brian Diebold the brilliant Coach of Giants who happens to coach Hurts at Alabama

So JD only had to wait a week or so to get him or Pederson making Ttrevor L a great QB

This is just dumb dumb dumb management ...everhyone should just boycott

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

0-6 to end the season.

You can argue that the injuries got the Jets and that some of the vet OL wore out down the stretch however how can you do that without holding Joe Douglas feet to the fire for signing older expensive free agents and continually trading up in the draft?

If luck is the residue of design then bad luck is surely the result of bad planning.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The cubs were at least lovable losers. The Jets really have nothing to cling to. They abandoned their natural home to play in the Jersey swamp. They’ve had generationally poor ownership with no relief at all on the horizon. The new uniforms are complete ass.

Ralebird, NY Jets68 and Cman68 like this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No worries. We are going after Woody soon.

We bought the domain rights for www.sellthejetswoody.com

With you support, we will bring him down.

WOODY MUST GO!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Dierking

Billboard assholes were saying the same thing five seasons ago. Just sayin’.

16. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

hes not going anywhere. Would you sell a team that makes you 50-100 million a year?

17. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

They are. Nobody makes fun of a team more like the jets. They are a laughing stock

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hear you. They went after the wrong person. Tell me D. Is Woody the right owner or no?

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Parity in the NFL is a bit of a joke when the biggest factor by far is the quality of your QB - if you don't have a franchise QB then pretty much nothing else matters if you want consistent success - the only way you could have true parity in the NFL is if the worst team got to take someone like Mahomes or Josh Allen for the following season!

In essence if you don't have a top 10 QB you are treading water until somehow you manage to luck into one.

20. Dierking

Woody sucks moose cock. Robert Kraft is a massive asshole too. What’s the difference? One of these guys stepped in dogshit and the other got lucky.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.