Year End Grade: Robert Saleh - Head Coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 1, 2023.

?

Your grade?

1. A+ to A-

1.4%
  2. B+ to B-

21.8%
  3. C+ to C-

49.3%
  4. D or Lower

27.5%
  1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If there's a grade lower than F, this guy deserves it.

94Abraham, NYJetsO12 and Jets69 like this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He benched his starting QB who was demonstrably terrible on the field only when same QB had a bad public relations session. Just not a professionally run organization.

Since1969, NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and 6 others like this.
  3. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

F for fire

NYJetsO12 and Jets69 like this.
  4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I disagree.
    Watching Garrett Wilson break tackles, he is a playmaker.
    Quinnen Williams, more than a dozen sacks from the inside, blocked FG, forced fumbles, he is a playmaker.
    Breece Hall is a playmaker.

I would even say Sauce is a playmaker- gets his hand on the ball almost every time it’s thrown at him in coverage. Never going to get a lot of INTs when they don’t throw your way.

Ralebird, SOJAZ and AJW like this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

We have plenty of playmakers. We have a coaching staff that hasn't the slightest idea as to what to do with them, so in that respect, just watching it on TV, it might look to the casual observer as though we don't have any playmakers.

Since1969, JETFUEL1580, SOJAZ and 5 others like this.
  6. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I understand you're pleased with the team's growth, but some of us aren't as smart as you.
    We see a 7-4 record turn to 7-11, & it looks like 6 losses in a row.
    We see three straight games without a TD, & see no TDs.
    We saw a 7-4 team, that if it just played .500 ball, would've been in the playoffs.
    We see against Chicago, the great MW move the ball, but continually stall, & settle for FGs.
    We see an improved D, that despite the improvement, had problems the whole season stopping the run, & making stops on 3rd down.
    I can go on for an hour, but I'll leave it at that.
    Please have pity on us, we just aren't as smart as you

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Tell me about it Wimp Lo. You're always victorious with your amazing takes.

But I agree, I think? Honestly have no idea what your take is here as it just seems like it's another holier than thou post from you.

Saleh improved and deserves to continue to grow this team. But he made some glaring errors also.

I don't know what happened to his game management, it faulted at the end of the year. I think his biggest problem right now is he doesn't seem to know when to pull a player,or potentially a coach, when they are the obvious cause of the sinking ship. He took way too long to bench Zach twice, and to lower MC on the depth chart.

keeping MLF, is that does happen, puts a rightful target on him because he is the head coach.

8. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Saleh made some positive strides, but also simultaneously sh*t his pants and threw up all over himself concerning the biggest coaching decisions at the most crucial moments of the season. He could not have mismanaged that second NE game any more poorly than he did - both on the field and in the aftermath. The ascension to 7-3 began with his energy and spirit, and the epic 0-6 collapse was a direct result of his inept choices and stubborn adamance.

I give him a B/B+ for his work through week 9, record at 6-3.

I give him a really low F for his work from week 10-18, record of 1-7. I've never seen a head coach lose a locker room on some of the most easily avoidable situations and choices. It was like watching a character in a horror movie choose the one door that everyone knows has a monster behind it, and everyone in the theater is screaming to not do it, but of course that's the choice that the character makes.

Feels like a D+/C- to me. Voted in the C range to not be a total Debbie Downer.

SOJAZ, NY Jets68 and Br4d like this.
  9. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Saleh = No bueno

However, I'm willing to give him another year.......because I enjoy pain.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm not proclaiming to be the smartest guy on this board. I'm not dumb either.

Yeah. Losing 6 In a row fucking sucks. I can look at the timeline and see what transpired though, the trajectory Is simple, we lost key pieces on this offense, and we couldn't score enough points anymore.

The defense Is top 5. They carried this team all year. Complaining about them Is ridiculous In every way.

You are hurt we missed the playoffs again. We get It.

Obviously a lot of you are emotional because of It. I get It.

It doesn't change the why, It doesn't change the direction, and It doesn't change the potential going Into next year.

I'm just suggesting. It may not be as bad as you and others think right now.

11. IIMeanDeanII

You only perceive It as a holier than thou post because you're not very smart.

Just wanted to help clarify that.

Alright.. Like I said.. Have a good night, fella.

12. JackBower

Haha tell me what other meaning this post has Wimp Lo. The lesser masses like myself are dying to know. Reads like an eye roll to me.

Missing the deep football knowledge you shine on us at first glance. Do tell us the wisdom we all lack compared to thou.

#312 JackBower, Jan 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

B-

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I give Saleh in the B range. He made a lot of progress getting the building shifted culturally. I know it doesnt feel that way right now.

AJW likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Saleh is partially responsible for this collapse, but he's been the best of the trio with JD and MLF. His side of the ball is good at least.

16. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Before the bye A+
    After the bye - F

Overall B -

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

AJW likes this.
  17. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

They have playmakers. What do you call Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall? Also, Quinnen Williams.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

18. IIMeanDeanII

Do you not realize by now that I realize what you are trying to do?

You want me to be mad, you want to think I'm mad. I'm not.
    This will be the last post I respond to In this fashion because I'm getting bored now.
    Take care, fella.

bicketybam likes this.
  19. JackBower

It's cute that you think I care enough about your feelings, hell you as a person, that I want you to feel something specific.

I just think your persona here of being this mensa football guy is fucking eye rolling and nobody cares.. which is odd because I've read in many posts how you "don't care what others say or think," to multiple people, but literally everything you type is the exact opposite as you want to shove it in people's faces you know more for than them and they are dumb. Which may be true, but like you say, nobody cares.

People have different opinions than you. Get over it. I'm an ass hole and I'm telling you this. Save the extra for the really dumb takes and reel it in when people are just trying to have a conversation or debate.

#319 JackBower, Jan 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  20. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

That doesn't add up, you need to rethink your final grade.

Ralebird and 94Abraham like this.