Win or Lose Against Miami on Jan 8th

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, Jan 3, 2023.

?

With playoffs out, what result would you prefer vs Miami

1. Win (Draft pick as low as 18)

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Lose (Draft pick as high as 10)

48 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

With Flacco starting and Herbig, Brown & Fant out, the Jets are very unlikely to win this game. If they do, it will be because of the defense scoring points or putting them in position to score.

Teddy Bridgewater is still questionable, but has practiced. If he ends up being out, they have a chance. Chubb, Waddle and Howard questionable as well.

#101 Jets OG fan, Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  2. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Wow man. Agree to disagree I guess.

And yes I have lost confidence in Zach. It’s gonna take some legitimate improvement on his part for me to regain any confidence in him. Which I don’t know that I see as unlikely, I just don’t know that enough will be done to make him the starter again

3. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Thompson is starting

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/01/dolphins-to-start-qb-skylar-thompson-in-week-18#ref=home

Jets OG fan likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, but Flacco gives us a better chance to lose, while getting more yards to GW to win ROY. Perfect choice.

SOJAZ, Losmeister and stinkyB like this.
  5. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Flacco is starting so we are losing, but than again our incompetent moron dellusional coach thinks flacco is great.

“He’s just been a professional through all the chaos of the season and I really respect him for what he stands for,” Saleh said. “I call Joe, Joe is like a Ford pickup truck, you may not appreciate him in September, October, November because there’s nothing flashy in his game, but when December and January hit and the weather is kind of (expletive), he’s still freaking rolling, so Joe and I have a genuine appreciation for him.”

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Who would you start? Streveler?

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You don't want 6th olineman starting? The O Line is so bad, I actually think this would give us the best chance to win. But if you want GW to win ROY and a better draft pick, Flacco is your man.

bicketybam likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Jags just made play-offs. I can assure you no one is complaining there they tanked two years in a row. Unfortunately that also means we will be picking one spot lower since we can't jump the Titans now while the Jags would have been ahead even with the loss. 10th pick is probably out of the question now. But gotta take care of business and lose tomorrow to hopefully get 11th.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Good for the Jaguars.

Shows that having a good head coach is everything.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Having Trevor as QB and being in shitty division also didn't hurt.

Btw they didn't play all that great: Titans gave them the game when the QB they picked up off the streets a few weeks ago was strip sacked for a TD at the end of the game when they had the lead.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I agree... they won't go far in the playoffs... but they are in the playoffs.

They've won five straight games to close out their regular season.

Look what we did... :confused: Though we did score 3 points on them!

ColoradoContrails, Cman68 and Borat like this.
  12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

From a pure talent pov, we're ahead. From a systematic/coaching standpoint, we're not even close to the Jags. Sometimes having a great HC can make up for deficiencies on the field. It helps having a steady hand with experience to help calm and focus young guys that have never been in this position. Bottom line, The Jags caught and surpassed us PDQ. They're in the playoffs and the Jets ain't.

#113 Cman68, Jan 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and light years behind the most important position on the field.... :confused:

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would much rather win this game and give the players and coaches a little better taste in their mouths to end the season.
    I don’t foresee any organizational changes if we lose and the difference between picking 11, 13 or 14 really is not much considering we have a history at picking the wrong guys anyway, so for us it is basically a crap shoot.

Jojo and stinkyB like this.
  16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What a Fen mess... LOL. Only the Jets... I will record this and go play golf and when I get home, make myself a tall Manhattan, sit back and watch this shit show. Oh wait, maybe I can go to Therapeutic Yoga - it would be less painful esp. at my age...

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Which is why, although I like Saleh and think he'll be a good HC some day, the single biggest change Woody can make is to hire someone with a proven successful resume to coach this team.

18. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Jags went 9-8 in a terrible division while the Jets will go 7-10 playing in the hardest division in the AFC. Even with all of their ineptitude, Jets would’ve won 10 games and the division playing in the AFC South.

bicketybam likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Definitely want to win this game. Then have the Pats lose and the Steelers make the playoffs.

Section 336 likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What an exciting game! :confused:

At least my buddy's wife was out of town with his kids.... so he biked over with a backpack FULL of beer.... today's gonna be as productive as the JETS offense yesterday.