Potential add of 8th team to Playoffs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Get me the Damn Ball, Jan 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Our beloved Jets would become the first team in NFL History to win the Super Bowl coming all the way from the 8th seed!

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

ya sorry i had a brain fart on 16 teams isn't half the league. My only argument for it is it is horrible for any fan of a team that has to look for next year after week 4

3. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

NFL puts in the 8th team. Jets win the Super Bowl as the 8th seed. Fans put an asterisk next to our Super Bowl and isn’t celebrated. Same old Jets

azhar80 and dmw like this.
  4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'll take it.

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Isn’t celebrated? Asterisk? Then what about the Redskins who won the SB in both strike years? They have won 3 SBs according to league records not 1. Who cares if fans don’t celebrate it? Jets fans including myself would - that’s all that matters to me.

Of course it’s not going to happen anyway. Even if the league adds an 8th seed and the Jets squeak in this team isn’t going to beat any team on the road - certainly not the top 4-5 seeds.

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets would be the first SB champion with a losing record in the regular season lol.

7. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

The real question is, how are the fantasy leagues being decided?

8. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Not happening per league

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Now that the NFL has decided not to playout that game, there are 1st seed, homefield throughout that come into play. Lots of possibilities. Bottom line, is NFL will use coin flip to decide (in certain cases) which team gets home field.

So here's my thought: Since the NFL has historically been tied to the coin flip to decide outcomes, use this to award a winner to the Bills/Bengals game. After this, all other games and seeding continue normally. No one gets 'jobbed'.

With the eyes of the world on that MNF game, this could be turned into a huge viewing thing for the general public. 'Game to be decided by coin flip'. Make some circus atmoshpher out of it. Like have 5 Bills (team captains, HC, etc) and 5 Bengals flip a 'special coin'.

Bills go first. Coin had Bills on one side, blank on the other. 5 Bills take turns flipping coin, getting as many 'Bills' as possible. Say they get 3 'Bills'.

Then the Bengals flip 5 times. They have to tie or beat the 3 'Bills' with their own 'Bengals' coin.

Tons of drama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.