Win or Lose Against Miami on Jan 8th

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, Jan 3, 2023.

?

With playoffs out, what result would you prefer vs Miami

1. Win (Draft pick as low as 18)

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Lose (Draft pick as high as 10)

48 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

With all the offseason talk starting already with play-offs out of the question, there is a matter of the last game to be played. What would you prefer happen on Sunday as far as the result. We can assume it is a close game and not a complete listless blowout like the last two, but the bottom line is what is the preferred outcome: better draft position or an extra W.

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

After beating the rams two years ago, I’m done with these types of thoughts

Br4d and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  3. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Simple . Lose. I have been singing this song for 3 weeks. We weren't ready for playoffs this year. Accept it

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I am just no longer into moral victories. Whether we win 7 games or 8 - it's still a losing season with no play-offs. So, to me, this win vs Miami is nothing more than a moral victory. A moral victory that can cost a player we want in the draft. Last year, 10 vs 18 this was the difference between GW and Burks. Would it be worth to get a meaningless win to get a similar drop off for years to come in a player quality?

If we get fortunate and end up with the 10th pick, who knows, even drafting a guy like Stroud is not completely out of the question. If Young and Levis get selected before him, and a few teams up top already having a young QB, he may drop to us, like Fields did to Chicago, even if it requires a small trade up. Not saying it will happen, but there is a lot more potential with 10-11th pick, than with 17-18. That has actual value to the franchise.

cmcm750203 and Cman68 like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Knocking the Dolphins from playoff contention is always the answer..... the chance of "Tanking for Trevor " was 2 years ago.... and in retrospect I wish the JETS wouldve picked #12 instead of #2 that year :mad:

6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

You know the Jets will play their best game in the past month, crush the Dolphins and get a crummier draft pick. It's what they do.

Go Jets.

Pepsiguy5, Br4d, Jets81 and 4 others like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Win and knock Miami out

BleedJetsGreen1981 and stinkyB like this.
  8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

We will probably win but honestly I'm expecting a loss. This team has given up.

9. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I am not really worrying about draft pick either way.
    I would prefer the Pats not make the playoffs, so a Miami win makes it impossible for them to make it, if they lose to Bills.

stinkyB likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m always in the win games and try to build a better culture clique but I’ll just chalk this one up to I don’t really give a shit.

The team made so many strides and was never wildly outmatched talent wise and yet we have so many holes next year.

Pepsiguy5 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Br4d and Ralebird like this.
  13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Always want them to win, won't care anymore if they lose.

I am more interested in how much they score. If the other scores less than 14 pts MLF should be fired, and if he's not Saleh immediately is on the hot seat next year. Am I a shitty friend that I wouldn't risk my job for ones relative underperforming?

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Go for the win. Good teams, which we want this team to become, don't rely on picking high every year to get good players.

Not Sure, Br4d, Acad23 and 6 others like this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Don't really care. This is one of the worst collapses I can ever remember, so I don't particularly care whether or not they get to ride off into a 12th playofless offseason feeling good about themselves because they beat the similarly overrated Fins.

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Lose. Put pressure on the pats and hopefully knock them out.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't ever like rooting for them to lose. I know the "logic" of it, but I can't get myself to buy into it.

Besides, regardless of what we want or root for, it's out of our hands.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Lose. Draft another stud at 10 (or wherever we end up) and we're one piece closer to making the playoffs next year. Get a young beast OL.

19. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Since they haven't looked prepared to play, the last few games... and since most of the season, even in wins, they tend to start games slowly, I fully expect MLF to open things up at the start, & go no-huddle to speed things up, & score 3 TDs on their 1st three possessions. And since they haven't blitzed much, even when they needed to, I fully expect to see extra aggression from the D. In other words, now that the Jets are eliminated from the playoffs, I fully expect the CS to make adjustments, they never thought of doing when games counted.

What I'd like to see are some of the young guys getting more reps... like Sherwood, Clemons, Huff, Ruckert, etc... even some practice squad-ers, like Anae or Irvin Charles, to see how they handle prolonged action against a real opponent. So, even though it's the 'fins, a loss wouldn't bother me, if some of the younguns can show what they've got. Also, I don't want to see any important starters injured.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  20. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

"You play to win the game", my ass! NOT in THIS situation. It was winning a meaningless game 2 years ago that cost us Trevor Lawrence. Look at us now. The playoffs were lost this season because 2 years ago we won some stupid ass meaningless game which knocked us out of the number one draft spot. Was that win worth it???? LOSE ON SUNDAY.

JETFUEL1580 and Sec124DieHard like this.