"Heavy on Jets" Wild Trade Proposal Would Send $261 Million Package to Jets for Record Haul

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Jan 2, 2023.

?

Would you do the trade if we gave up two 1st round picks, Wilson and Moore for Carr and Adams?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    85.2%
  1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

"Heavy on Jets" posted what I think is a crazy but great deal and one that could be done.

Las Vegas Raiders receive: quarterback Zach Wilson, wide receiver Elijah Moore, 2023 first-round pick, 2024 third rounder.

Jets receive: quarterback Derek Carr, wide receiver Davante Adams.

If Carr plays hardball the Raiders get nothing and he becomes a FA or the Raiders are on the hook for a guaranteed $40.4M they don't want to pay Carr. Plus Carr has a NO trade clause in his contract which would screw over the Raiders if he refuses to be traded, once the Raiders were already on the hook for the $40M.

This way the Raiders get some compensation for Carr, ship off a disgruntle receiver, and save a shit ton of money and cap space in 2023.

Davante Adams is pissed and does not want to start over with a new QB, he signed with the Raiders to play with Carr. This week Adams spoke with the media for the first time since the benching news and said that Carr is “one of my really good friends and the reason why I came here in the first place.”

If this trade went through the Jets would have two No. 1 wide receivers in Adams and Garrett Wilson, plus they’d have one of the most accomplished quarterbacks in franchise history at the helm.

The Raiders would have a lot of cap space, a raw QB talent in Wilson who would be closer to home and could reset, plus a good receiver in Elijah Moore who is under utilized by the Jets. Plus draft picks. Worth it even if the Jets have to make the 2024 pick a conditional pick which could even be escalated to a 2nd or even 1st rounder if high goals are met. What wouldn't you give to get back to a AFC Championship game or even a SB?

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great trade for the Raiders.

papapump, wewantsapp, Sinjz and 7 others like this.
  3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The draft picks are a deal breaker for me.

Sinjz, SOJAZ, cmcm750203 and 6 others like this.
  4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I say no but it is not a hard no because while we would immediately improve two areas, my concern is the salary cap to keep Q, and few other guys down the road. We cannot create more holes if we invested in the two areas.

Sinjz and Aero like this.
  5. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I'd actually be intrigued, but giving up the first rounder when we desperately need offensive line help is concerning.

NYJFan10 and Br4d like this.
  6. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Adams is one of the best receivers in the league. Moore has been vastly overrated by Jets fans, he’s so slow in pads I just don’t see much upside in him. Wilson is a waste, so essentially this is a trade for Carr and Adams for a 1st and 3rd. It’s not terribly unreasonable. I have zero doubt that Zach will not make it in the NFL as a quality starter so he’s a throwaway. Moore could eventually show value but I don’t see him ever being more than a solid 2 or 3 at best. We’re losing Corey Davis this season, so we’d be looking at a receiver corp of Adams, Wilson, Mims or maybe another mid tier FA with Carr throwing to them. They’d still have major deficiencies at OT. I don’t think Becton will play another down for the Jets, Brown was a one year option, and Fant has really regressed. So how does Douglas solve that, because without a great OL Carr will be a disaster. Carr also hasn’t won a game under 40 degrees from what I’ve read. How many games has he played in that weather? Is it an anomaly or is there enough to be concerned?

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is the type of desperation move that tanks a franchise and costs people their jobs.

8. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hell yeah I’d do that. Adams and G Wilson as wide receivers would be incredible and they would be doing us a favor with Zach Wilson

a little confused though because the poll says 2 1st and the article says 1

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Guys, Carr more than likely is about to become a FA. His current contract is too high and Raiders can get out of it by waiving him. He also has no trade clause and no incentive to help the Raiders by having his new team give them draft picks. I suspect Raiders just waive him and move on and not risk picking up his option.

So, the trade is really for Adams. Raiders gave up 22nd overall for Adams plus a second rounder last year. Our pick will probably be better than that. If it is 17-18 or so, it may be worth just to give up for Adams straight up, something to thing about. If it is 11-12 though, I am keeping the pick. Keep in mind we also would have to pay Carr 25-30 per year. It will be hard to afford both these guys.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. JetsFan

Here is how I look at this trade scenario and could easily justify it. Trade Wilson and Moore for Carr straight up and then trade a 1st and 3rd round pick for Adams. Carr is worth Wilson and Moore any day, plus Adams is worth a 1st and 3rd.

The only sticky part is Carr would have to rework a new team friendly longer contract to lower the cost, because he is not worth $40M.

twown likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You do this deal if you have an OL in place already.

The Jets have one Guard in place and 4 slots that could use an upgrade.

Aero likes this.
  13. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

So the worst quarterback in the league and a nobody wide receiver for a good quarterback and maybe the best wide receiver in the league I mean is this a joke? Why would Oakland do this trade when they gave up more to get adams

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. JetsFan

To save money, free up cap space, unload two players that don't want to play for them, and get draft picks.

15. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

they can get 2 1sts alone if not 3 for adams without having to take on the worst quarterback in the leagues contract. Also the jets are barely under the salary cap how do you supposed they do this?

16. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Knowing JD he would never do this deal. This person is just throwing shit at the wall

17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Especially giving up Zach "The legend " Wilson, no way

18. bicketybam

I thought you weren't a proponent of paying a QB a small fortune, let alone 40 million.

19. bicketybam

3 firsts for Adams? Really?

Wut? likes this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

No they can’t.

ColoradoContrails and Lon Chaney like this.