Who is getting fired on this staff?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're entitled to your opinion but if Saleh does not quickly come to the realization that he has people on his staff that are not accomplishing the things they were hired to perform he needs to be replaced himself. Things are worse this year than they were last and he made few or no adjustments then; he's out of time. It's time for the slogan guy to realize the sign he needs on his desk came from Harry Truman. If he's not willing to bite the bullet, Douglas needs to issue the ultimatums.

cmcm750203 and Jojo like this.
  2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Well, it's the Jets, so whoever gets fired, you KNOW we'll find somebody who can do their job worse.

Jojo, The Dark Knight and stinkyB like this.
  3. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

The last good OC we had was 23 tears ago, Charlie Weiss. Somehow we went to two AFC championship games with Schotty because we had a great OL and best running game. Don't know who the OC was when we made the playoffs with Herm.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but something made me lose patience with this staff. I personally would clean house. The 51 yard TD against the Lions, and everything since, has been unacceptable. Say what you want, but this team could and should be (10-6) right now. I am not sure how you just look past that and assume the coaches will do better in 2023. I don't think so.

cmcm750203, Jojo and burf like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The easiest fix would be to get a real QB.

6. The Dark Knight

That will help. A healthy O-line too. I still feel the Jets could have won these last 3 games with the roster they have though. Maybe I am wrong.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Agree. When Breece Hall was healthy his power running put points on the board and hid all of the deficiencies the Jets have. I believe a quality quarterback would accomplish the same thing. This team still has to clean up their multitude of issues. But, a veteran signal caller would go a long way to push this team forward and make everything else fall into place.

MDJets and MoWilkBeast like this.
  8. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

if you're cleaning house with the staff, are you inclined to give JD the opportunity to pick another coach & QB?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

Yep. He is a good GM. I am sure Robert Saleh and most of his staff will return in 2023, but I personally have no confidence he will succeed. Then the Jets will have to start all over in 2024. Unfortunate. Hopefully they turn things around.

10. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Married to their schemes, doing the same old thing, IS the mantra, ESPECIALLY MLF.
    EVERY 1ST DOWN RUN PREDICTABLE. Always 3rd and long. ALWAYS 3RD AND 26 for opposing team, they pick up 28. NO setting the edge either. Its like the only know 1 way to do something, because they NEVER adjust. I really have no idea, HOW this will get better, let alone fixed.
    And omg, waiting to see how they handle the QB troubles frankly, scares the shit out of me.
    They are teetering....

Nyjets4eva and Since1969 like this.
  11. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Nothings, an easy fix with this staff. You gotta KNOW what you're doing,, FIRST.

12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Yep. Without Breece or AVT the O was unable to mask the obvious deficiencies it has and could not score points. That in a nutshell is why they collapsed (or regressed to the mean) at the end of the season. MC is, I assume (like Brown), carrying an injury that will require surgery and limited him, but this was held off because the team had a chance however he isn't a carry the O guy anyway. Rather than playing the fire everyone game I am giving the CS a good deal of credit for making a team so obviously lacking at the most important position of all fairly competitive. Areas that would be under high scrutiny are the OL/RB, QB coach and STs because they have struggled more obviously, but even there you can make a case for the incumbent.

Nyjets4eva, MDJets and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sorry DK ..we all have heart for the Jets

BUT I don't trust JD anymore

too many FIREABLE offenses>>>>Poor HC major mistake drafting a QB no OL in place after years of bullsh+t

That negates any of his positives which frankly are few

Why do want Saleh back??? he is getting very Gase like and too friendly with players..feh ..feh ..feh. Nothing about him or MLF thrills me he's an average OC at best (and I for one want someone really GOOD) ...they are poor hires and we are back to the drawing board imo

I hope la Conforta is right ..If I am the Jets owner I am ready to give power to a Sean Payton or another EXPERIENCED HC

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Zach was 21, the entire 2020 draft was pre year 2 Gase. Those guys were drafted with (probably a lot) of Gase’s input. Plus Gase reported to Chris Johnson not the GM, so it wasn’t JD’s decision to fire him. Assuming Douglas still had input, whoever’s decision it was made a monumental error in keeping a coach fighting for his job no matter how terrible of a coach he was.

15. BigAbruns

BigAbruns Member

I'll guess they overhaul the offensive side of the coaching staff. Woody is going to put pressure on saleh...fire your friend or you go too. Saleh isn't dumb, MLF will be the one gone. Who they bring in? I don't know.

16. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

The guy who had a big mouth in the media should go 1st, he took receipts all year but nothing changed and than suddenly became a false prophet and told the fans that we will see Buffalo again this year only to lose 5 straight.

Nyjets4eva and Since1969 like this.
  17. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Hesitant to bring up a morbid subject, - but there is certainly a good part of me that wonders how well Greg Knapp may have done developing a QB.
    I'm sure Rob Calabrese works hard, ---- however with our QB history, - inexperience is the last thing we needed.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem is that the GM and every group coach on the Jets staff is in the position for the first time. Whatever we do enough with the rookies. Rookies are 50/50 to blow out at their job and one guy can take a staff down with him. So if you have rookie GM, rookie HC, rookie OC and rookie DC you probably have like a 6.25% chance that everything works out after 3 or 4 seasons.

Cman68 and Since1969 like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

MLF should be on the chopping block but I don’t think it’ll happen. Especially if the goal is to chase Jimmy G. Love Saleh but his commitment to the scheme is going to be the death of him. That being said, I do think this offense/MLF would look a whole lot better with a healthy Hall and competent QB

Nyjets4eva and bicketybam like this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Why would the Jets chase a QB who has been injured in each of the last 3 seasons? That would be like a Neil O'Donnell quality move and the collapse next year when Jimmy G got hurt again would likely be epic.

Nyjets4eva likes this.