Is It Time to Take a Step Back?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 23, 2022.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

But here's the thing, the Mets, much like the Jets, had been torturing their fans for years, BUT when something absolutely magical happens like what happened in the 10th inning of game 6 of the '86 world series it makes all those years of suffering worth it - I was 18 at the time and can remember exactly where I was watching it and still get goose-bumps watching videos of that inning. There's obviously no guarantee that moment of eternal and unexplainable greatness will ever happen to the Jets, but that's what keeps me engaged year after year, THAT hope...

stinkyB likes this.
  2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

So why would you state finding one is doable and say that we need to focus on the OL? Finding a QB is literally the least doable thing in today’s NFL. That’s why we should be taking one every chance we can until we actually find one

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

For two reasons:

1. Until we fix the OL for good the QB just doesn't matter. White is pretty effective. Imagine how he would do if we could protect him at modern NFL standards?

2. Teams fix their QB problem every season without reinventing the wheel.

This year it is Philly (Hurts steps up from average to excellent), Detroit (Goff steps it up), San Francisco (7th rounder comes from nowhere when the starter goes down), Seattle (Geno steps up when given a full shot).

The point is that finding a QB is not a Death March to Canton process for teams that know what they are doing. There's some luck involved but every year there is loose QB talent out there and somebody puts their trust in it and prospers.

For the Jets odds are good Jameis Winston, Garner Minshew, (Nick Foles anybody?) and Mike White will be available at a minimum, as well as any number of 4th round QB's who might come out of nowhere to be really good. All assuming the Jets choose to look for somebody who might help them for the year. It's not like you have to draft a QB high and then blurp him out onto the field ready or not. That's a Jets specialty.

twown and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I don’t care what our odds are on getting a QB. Our odds are zero when we don’t have one. Zero. Until we have a QB we have nothing, the idea that finding a QB is “doable” as if it’s secondary to anything else is silly.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Good GM's and coaches find QB's. That's been true for the Jets and it will continue to be true moving forward.

Finding the good GM and HC may take some time but it is always possible that the two we have now can get out of each other's way and make it happen next season.

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't think any of us truly know what we have In this OL right now. The injuries makes It an even bigger mess In the bigger scope of things. IMO

Fant.. I think him being a team player, has cost him a lot of money moving forward. To me, he's lost a step. On the surface. However. He's been hurt all season, playing hurt and out of position. So, has he really lost a step? If you can get him for a good price, I'd swing. Otherwise, he's probably upgradable.

MB.. Showed dominance, often, as a rookie. The big man, Is a little too big. He's missed a boat load of games. Former 1st round pick, played decently when healthy... How do they project that moving forward? Injury Prone Vs Potential. How do you justify moving on at this point? A mess.

AVT - Nailed It.

McGovern - Has been stable but clearly upgradable.

Mitchell - Hope he clears the clots, gets back to form, continues to develop. Still a question mark.

Brown & Tomlinson - Upgradable

Point Is. OL situation somehow, to me, has gotten even more complicated even with all the additions and few draft selections. It needs worked out for sure.

I'm not sure people realize just how much of a mess this will be for JD to clean up. I got to give JD the benefit of the doubt though. We'll see what happens.

#46 IIMeanDeanII, Dec 24, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    Br4d likes this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Another jumper. It's no surprise the suicide rate skyrockets during the Holdays. The Jets . . . December . . . building ledge.

Which leads me to say don't take a step back.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wait a minute.... I was just reading the Jets playoff scenarios. They can't do this to me!!!!!!!!!

I WAS OUT ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at peace.

Now they are trying to bring me back in?!?!? Not fair!!! Typical Jets! :D:D:D

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

BUMP!

There are better things in this world to waste time and money on.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's taken years, but your slow descent to the dark side is nearly complete.

stinkyB and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

I know. It's sad. You would think 2020 would have broken me, but I still felt a bright future was near. For some reason the (7-4) to (7-9) collapse upset me much more.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  12. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

. I remember watching SB III from a hotel room in NYC. I had an uncle who was staying at a hotel in the city, and we drove into the city from LI to watch the game w him. 53 years ago.

After the prime time fiasco a week ago Thursday with no playoff hopes, thinking SOJ, then Monday comes and MW is announced as starting QB against Geno and the Seahawks, and I'm feeling real good... until reality struck at about 4:10 today. SOJ. Again.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

Same Old Jets indeed. Very disappointing.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You missed a lot of Jets collapses from years ago. LOTS! They always seem to be horrid or they get your hopes up then crush them. It never changes.
    Same. Old. Jets.