2022 - Week 17: New York Jets at Seattle Seahawks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 26, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2023.
  1. Jets

74.5%
  2. Seahawks

25.5%
  1. JetUp55

JetUp55 Member

I'm with you, man. What a great way to bring in the New Year. I'm hoping not to have to tear off my Sanchez jersey and throw it in the hamper cursing that damn team. I'd love to see a Pats loss to the Fish and one for all the marbles next weekend.

#41 JetUp55, Dec 29, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Chris Myers, Robert Smith, & Jen Hale are calling the game on CBS.

Good... I couldn't take Charles David for another week.

Lon Chaney, papapump and stinkyB like this.
  3. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

Except for some reason the game is on FOX.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

... because Fox Sports is simply the best.

And the Seahawks are an NFC team.

Brook! likes this.
  5. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

Yeah, but typically, with games involving NFC and AFC, it is the visiting team that determines the network. when the Jets played at GB and at Minn, it was on CBS. When the Jets played Chicago at the Meadowlands it was on FOX. So the Jets are playing at Seattle, I would think it would be on CBS. But no, it's on FOX. Head scratcher to me. Maybe someone else here knows why.

twown and mrjet80 like this.
  6. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

This might not be the ultra detailed answer you're looking for, but from the wikipedia article on NFL television/regional broadcasts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_on_television#Interconference_games
    The first part is exactly what you remembered, regarding visiting teams determining network. The bolded second part alludes to what I'm assuming is the situation for this week's game, if I'm understanding it correctly, where FOX likely picks up Jets-Seahawks as a result of losing a game to flex scheduling at some point.

twown and Acad23 like this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

In the past the telecasts always followed the model described: AFC team at NFC team and vice versa would be on the visiting team network. NBC and then later CBS calling AFC games and CBS/FOX calling NFC games. In the last 5 years or so league rules have relaxed that rule for a more balanced tv schedule. The access of direct tv and streaming have kind of made it a moot point nowadays unless you happen to like a particular announcing crew…but yes in the not so recent old days the Jets at Seattle would be a CBS telecast by rule. The same thing happened in October when the Jets were in Green Bay - that game was telecast by FOX also.

You may also recall the Jets and Giants never playing at the same time starting around 1979ish all the way up to about 10-15 years ago when the NFL abandoned that rule also. If both games were on Sunday one team played at 1:00 and the other at 4:00….

8. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

As long as Walker III isn't playing I'll feel more comfortable. That kid like Breece Hall for us is a beast. It'll be a close game, but I don't think the Jets will win. 20-17 Hawks, and yes I hope I'm wrong.

9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

very helpful. Thank you.

also, “The Cross-flex Policy” would be a good name for an album. Or maybe a gay theme night at a nightclub?

#49 twown, Dec 30, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Lon Chaney likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm with you on the OL needs to play over it's head on Sunday. No idea if Benton has done a good or bad job since AVT went down because the OL talent has blown chunks since then. The Jets OL is currently starting 3 guys over 30 and McGovern is 29. That's never a good mix.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's only Friday and I can already feel the chunks rising.

Losmeister and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. Br4d

I've noticed this year that not watching the Jets can be a very rewarding experience.

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I wish I could shake the feeling this game gives me of another letdown and step in a late season collapse, but I can't. I'm excited for Mike White and hopeful that his return plus playoff hopes will motivate the heck out of this team, but still have a feeling they'll come up short. Maybe it's a little protection from Jets disappointment or focusing too much on the past and not the present? Will be thrilled to be proven wrong over these next two games!

Poeman and NY Jets68 like this.
  14. Br4d

White has played well but it hasn't turned into wins.

The Jets *really* need to get the running game going. The game they won with White this year was the Bears game and the running game was clicking that day.

Give White 28 productive runs and he will give you 30 productive passes and the Jets win going away.

NYJetsO12 and NY Jets68 like this.
  15. twown

twown Well-Known Member

He's not asking for much, God. Just 28 measly productive runs. Grant us this tiny blessing. Amen.

abyzmul likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Jets are 1.5 favorites on the Road? Tell me that doesnt sound like the Kiss of Death?

It means even with their Legion of Boom supporters crowding the Hawks nest Vegas negates the 3 point homefield advantage putting the Jets the better Team

Well that can only mean our defense has garnered tons of respect imo because MW is playing as good as Geno atm?

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

For some reason, your post reminded me of this

18. jetophile

They should cheat? Oh, no, wait, what am I saying?! The Jets have integrity! Oh, fine, they'd probably suck at it.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We are in the endgame now.

Lets go Jets!

20. jetophile

More like death throes, but whatever. o_O