Saleh Just Lost the Locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Dec 22, 2022.

1. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Saleh is right. We've just lost 5 of the past 6 and are trending toward noncompetitiveness. It was once about the playoffs, but it's certainly not anymore. It's about trying to find a way to win a single football game. Accept it.

SOJAZ and teamgreen like this.
  2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

That's how I took it too, in the context of the interview.

Borat likes this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Flacco took 6 points off in these few plays, took good field position, missed open guys to get into FG range, fumbled to give away 3 points. How do you start him after that? The only thing Saleh should have done is take Zach out at halftime, not end of 3d, but he eventually did put next man up, who actually moved the ball.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Lafleur didn't drop a 4th down ball. Lafleur didn't underthrow a wide open tight end that was an easy TD.
    Guys are open all over the field every game. Its not his fault they don't have a healthy quarterback who can throw it to them. The coaches and front office are solid. It all comes down to the most important position in sports being a disaster and it .akss the entire organization look like shit.

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Correction, he doesn’t have an answer that isn’t ‘because Zach sucks balls and the offense doesn’t fight for him’, which he can’t say publicly. But kudos to whoever asked that

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Everyone on Earth knows the answer, including Saleh, but he can't say it out loud.

Lon Chaney, Jets69, SOJAZ and 5 others like this.
  7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I don't know, man, have you met some of us? There are several that I don't think have the physical prowess to walk out to the line of scrimmage. There are others that I know don't have the mental prowess to put their helmet on with the facemask on the front.

Still better than Flacco, though.

stinkyB and Centiment like this.
  8. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

MLF being the worst OC in football might be the most asinine thing I’ve read on here. You must not watch the rest of the NFL to say that. I could say at least 10 OCs that are worse than him. MLF might not be everyone’s cup of tea but every QB outside of ZW has produced in his offense.

Jets69, MoWilkBeast, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  9. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with everything MLF does, but I agree; a lot of plays he calls would have worked if Zach was better at reading the defense. Zach NEVER seems to pick up blitzes and his reads are just too slow. It also doesn't help that the O-line is banged up. But that's where White succeeds; he's got a very quick release and is excellent at going through his progressions.

Honestly, though he's probably not going anywhere due to the improvement of the defense, I'm still more concerned about Ulbrich; the defense is mostly healthy, has some top notch players, and yet he calls a very conservative game where the scheme is based around nothing more than not giving up long passes. Teams now know that they can easily slice up this defense with short game because Ulbrich is willing to sacrifice 1 to 9 yard gains pretty much every play. Slow QBs are able to scramble for first downs on 3rd and long pretty much all the time because there's almost never anyone spying, and nothing short of the first down marker is ever heavily covered. He needs to start calling more blitzes and start covering the short game. This isn't schoolyard football where the QB just heaves it as far as he can throw it on every play.

#109 Linebacker712, Dec 23, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  10. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

If that’s the most asinine thinks you’ve read on here you must not read much. And sorry but I watch lots of football and would take any of the other Ocs out there almost all of them so he’s def in the top 5 worst. Off the top of my head the only one I wouldn’t trade him for is Patricia. Keep thinking he’s doing a good job, I see the same 3 plays every 3/4th and short. He is the definition of doing the same thing and expecting different results aka insanity. The defenders know what’s coming before we even get to the line lol

11. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he's doing a great job, I think it's an acceptable job considering who he has playing under center (and we all know he can't change that).
    For reference, I'd take him over Hackett & the Broncos, whatever is going on in NE & same in Houston, Panthers, Falcons, Steelers, the makeshift coaching staff in Indy, the dumpster fire in Arizona, the Bucs CS, Washington and the Titans.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am on the fence with MLF ..and look we won 7 games where I personally thought we would not win shit this year..we beat The Packers Denver and Buffalo once ..maybe our best offensive games?

I don't forget the game plan was pretty good when Breece Hall was pounding the ball ...and of course things needed to be adjusted after injury

We look competent with MW and awesome with B Hall in backfield ..I would rate MLF a squarely average OC and that could be good enough I gues

JohnnyP123456 and SOJAZ like this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'd make it out there..... just may not make it back!

Pepsiguy5 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Jets need to hire Patches O'Houlihan.

Jets69 likes this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Saleh really needs to stop talking about Zach Wilson. Nothing that he says does anything positive for the Jets and it's not his responsibility to prop Zach up. Every time he talks about Zach not being done on the Jets and about there being future plans for him, etc, all he does is prompt further questions about the same topic. The topic itself is toxic at this point in many different venues and keeping it going is not productive for the Jets.

16. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Hot damn! Coach must be feeling more stressed than a one-legged cripple at an ass kicking contest. No big deal, it's not like the wary Jet faithful has been spoiled rotten with lavish gifts this time of year, having to reluctantly settle for the rotten and spoiled instead. Even so, the coaching staff and JD may still end up on the hotbox because, for the first time during their tenure, the question is now being asked by Monday morning QBs alike as to whether or not they are the ones to pilot the Jets towards a safe cruising altitude.

To be blunt, if the Jets can somehow find a way to finish the season strong and prevent yet another season from going to pot, it will provide much needed ventilation for the suffocating smoke which has been relentlessly filling up the room for the past couple of months. Just like a happy ending can carry over to next season with this young crew, a couple of clunkers against SEA & MIA may open the door to more questions and further uncertainty going forward.

The main criticism of the current regime, who in no way appear to be chronic dopes, is their inability to recognize and develop QB talent. Again, no worries, since the team has not had a competent signalcaller in two decades. Why the mad rush to get one now? In addition, neither should rebuilding the OL be much of a priority since the Jets last rushing champ was Curtis Martin in '04. Regardless of being left high and dry, toxic Jet fans are still jamming.

As a last resort for chilling out, there is always West Coast Kush, which is plentiful in Washington state, who along with Colorado, were the first states to legalize cannabis for recreational use. Failure to light a fire under the team's ass in the Emerald City on Sunday may result in the Jets' entire season going sky high up in smoke, even making Cheech & Chong jolly green with envy.

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Midfield or red zone?

TwoHeadedMonster and Lon Chaney like this.
  18. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

It's not Saleh's fault that Zach is still ass. The team knows that White is the starter if he's healthy. Sure, he could have given him a shorter leash, but this isn't a locker room losing situation, especially now that Mike White is back and there is viable path to the playoffs.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They didn't do a bad job getting Mike White up to speed...

20. tubby

tubby Active Member

Anyone calling for Saleh to be fired is a clown and they deserve whatever disaster this team ends up as moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk