OK, I'm done with Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Dec 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Agreed. It takes a serious PRICK to start harassing the kids family. There really is no decency in the world anymore....

#421 NYJ1970, Dec 24, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    BleedJetsGreen1981 and Borat like this.
  2. NYJ1970

https://nypost.com/2022/12/24/jay-g...medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

3. NYJ1970

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is just an opinion like everybody else's. Who knows. Maybe they will trade him but if no takers, I think he stays with the team as QB3 since his salary is guaranteed and cutting him won't benefit Jets in terms of cap space.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Keeping him will put a damper on everybody else.

Think about it.

Poeman, Pepsiguy5, papapump and 3 others like this.
  6. NYJ1970

If this report is in fact true? Then I want to be the first to give Joe Douglas and Rob Saleh credit.

I know all you yahoo's out there are going to question the timing, sincerity, and advance knowledge of who Zach was. There's a million geniuses on the internet. They're all undiscovered, underappreciated Nostra Damus' of football.

No, I think they deserve credit to swallow their pride and admit they made a mistake. It might be a little embarrassing for them but it shouldn't be. Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh have built an organization that is primed for success. It will be tough for them to fix this thing on the fly so to speak. They've lost all their extra draft capital if they wanted to make a trade for a veteran or trade up in the draft. But it can still be done.

I've never been more optimistic about the Jets future. I think JD will come up with something and I still think with his leadership winning the SB is imminent.....

7. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Watching Brock Purdy playing like a stud just makes more angry at how ZW is….

8. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear the Jets are ready to move on from Wilson. It doesn't make sense to just cut him. At least keep him and maybe he turns it around in a year.

ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

really, what the hell does it take to be sure in your world? The team, essentially, laid down on Thursday evening because of him. I mean he has shown nothing and at this point is not even tradeable.

Borat and NYJ1970 like this.
  10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Sweet another Zach Wilson thread, yes we know he sucks, I'm starting thread

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am tired of merging them at the moment. Feel free to start another one. But at least make sure it is original :)

12. NYJ1970

You needed another Zach Wilson thread. Just admit you needed it... :)

13. NYJ1970

This one IS original. I checked to see if anyone had brought something the media said to the board.. Merry Christmas Brook!:)

Brook! likes this.
  14. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Sad to say it but unfortunately Zach Wilson is a bust here and The Jets should trade him out in the off season.
    He may be able to regroup somewhere else, I doubt it, but he might and this is his only realistic option. I do not even wish him well when he leaves. He is shit and has shown nothing. He has to go. There is no alternative.

In that drafting ZW has not worked out, Joe Douglas and his staff have significantly improved the team and we need to keep the faith. They are clearly better than their recent predecessors.

I'm also happy with Salah and his staff. I think we are still in reasonable shape aside from the QB room.

I do not see us as a 'bet the farm' type of organisation. So I don't expect a splash trade. Though we need a capable veteran. I'd love Rodgers for a couple of seasons but don't think it is realistic. Perhaps Derek Carr? Beyond that it's a craps shoot. Hopefully JD can work some magic.

Both Darnold and Geno (who is in the pro bowl for fuck's sake) look better now they've moved on. It's disconcerting that having had two QB picks in the top 3 in 5 years we've fucked them both up.

With competence, no more than that at the QB position, we are contenders,

#434 UK_Chilts, Dec 24, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
  15. NYJ1970

You misunderstand what I'm saying. I don't believe in Zach anymore. I just figured the Jets will hold on to Zach for one more season just to be certain....

Borat likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't look now but it sort of looks like Sam Darnold is starting to develop as a QB after about as much adversity as you can throw at an NFL player.

Take from that what you will.

stinkyB likes this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Unless we are able to get a trade, Zach will be back. If we waive Zach, even post June 1 2023 to reduce the CAP hit for 2023, it will be still 15 mil. If we keep him on the roster, it's 9.5 mil. It's pretty hard to swallow 15 mil for next year. We either have to trade him to reduce some of the hit, or keep him as a 3d stringer. I don't know if trade is possible, since trade value is low and he has high base salary for the low % developmental project, which is what he is now. Again, an unlikely trade notwithstanding, it's smart to keep the guy around as a 3d stringer as a developmental QB, because it will cost less CAP wise than to waive him.

The problem with the locker room was because he played a major role on the team, and he sucked at it, and the team suffered. He was placed inappropriately, because the idea was for him to work into this role, but he never did. If he is a 3d stringer, there won't be any problems. Imagine if at work you are working on a project, and there is a person assigned a major piece, who is not pulling his weight. The whole team suffers, and they hate the guy. They can't stand when the guy gives an opinion, because he can't pull the weight and that hurts everyone. It doesn't even matter if he takes responsibility: as long as pulls the team down, people will scoff at him no matter what.

Now, if that guy is replaced for the role and is assigned a small task, which he does OK, no one will care. Hence keeping Zach as a 3d string developmental guy won't be detrimental from the locker room perspective either, and like I mentioned earlier makes sense financially too, given a trade does not materialize. So, I think Zach will return as a 3d stringer, we just need to forget about his draft status - he is basically a James Morgan in 2023.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Geno makes probowl and now get ready...

Since coming back SAMi D:

60%+, 850 yards, 4 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs, 0 turnovers

Who is this guy?

19. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Sam had some bad moments with a bad team, but he handled playing in New York a lot better from a public perspective. Now he's playing in a town with one newspaper and only 3 reporters at the games and press conferences. He doesn't have someone up his ass after every game.

dawinner127, dmw, Jets81 and 4 others like this.
  20. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

Zach gonna have to enter the transfer portal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.