Rookie HC, rookie OC, rookie DC and rookie QB turned out to be a disaster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

The backs were all hit before they got to the line of scrimmage on almost every run. when they know you can't pass, it makes defending the run pretty easy.

2. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Saleh should go before Douglas lol

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t think he would’ve made much of a difference but I agree. That’s a great revenge spot start.

stinkyB and ouchy like this.
  4. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Both should stay IMO.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree completely but I'm talking In worst case scenarios, which we obviously qualify for... Does the law of averages not come into play for us at some point at least to bail us out of this atrocious streak? Ya know.. Just sucks.

I don't care If It's calculated or lucky, let's just get a real fucking QB on this team soon.

With, Zach. I can't go that route. I've said It from the beginning. I never thought he would be a good NFL starter In this league. Not ever have I thought that. I hoped for It, never seen anything that made me think he would be the guy to develop as our FQB. I just think he sucks, no amount of coaching will get him to where he needs to go. I just don't believe It. I think the CS knows It too at this point.

If we were talking about Lawrence or Fields.. I'd be more susceptible to this debate. I just can't with, Zach. No way.

I think the collective truly fucked the pooch and bought Into the non sense that the media was floating around, the pro day, blah, blah... I never bit but they did.

So, evaluation wise.. Yeah, we can talk about that. I'd have a long convo about that.

I love what JD has done, It's undeniable the improvement he has made on this team, outside of the QB position. I don't know that I trust him or this CS either to identify the proper QB they need. It's hard to say with that.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

I'd double down and bet you the opposite. I don't believe that for a second. Zach Wilson was not all that and a bag of chips coming out of college like everyone thought.. There Is a reason why people like myself couldn't understand the infatuation for this kid and I refuse to believe that NFL scouts all across the board were that fooled too. I just don't buy It.

#106 IIMeanDeanII, Dec 23, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    Ralebird likes this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

That will be the narrative with the media. They won't care much about accuracy, speculation sells, and there Is plenty of that now.

I can't foresee a possibility where either are let go.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  8. JETFUEL1580

I agree nor should either one be let go. They should both at this point be on the same page about Zach going forward. That was our biggest sticking point. No more.

9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

GM and HC are staying…we just need competent QB play and that OL needs to be fixed

10. JETFUEL1580

competent edge rusher

11. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I look at it this way, jets drafts 3 QBs top 3 in draft. None worked out. So they are either awful at licking talent at QB or awful at developing that talent once it is in the building. I believe the jets cannot develop a QB period. I think they ruin them. Everyone was better when they first started without much coaching than they were at the end of their Jets careers.

12. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing, what I am asking is what type of character does this team have in the locker room. They didn’t just quit on him, they quit on themselves and the fans. You would think if they wanted to make playoffs, they would have gave everything, made sure they could run the ball. They didn’t, they quit. That is a problem much greater than Zach. You can say anything, but using Zach as an excuse because you quit as a player and team is what quitters do and is the most SOJ thing ever. Crappy culture is still in the building.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

They fucked up drafting this potato in the first place.

I worded my post poorly

Ralebird, IIMeanDeanII and stinkyB like this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yeah I kinda wondered that, thinking this would be a great game to have him motivated (and was asked this by the JAGS fans I was watching with)
    I'm guessing something behind the scenes (maybe bum knee, Jags traded him for a reason).... hope it was more than the draft escalator, but we mentioned that at the time too.

ouchy likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I would probably keep both but provided that 40-50% of their staff was replaced. The problem is who is in a position to know where the weakest links are in both staffs? We saw little to no change a year ago and that was a big mistake and a waste of time.

We don't know, but the people inside the organization know how much everyone was involved with keeping Wilson on the field. Those most responsible are those that need to be looking over their shoulders.

#115 Ralebird, Dec 24, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    JETFUEL1580, Jets81 and Cman68 like this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We have people talking about this guy being our backup next season.

And FWIW a QB can make an OL look terrible. Feel like that’s never mentioned much around these parts.

jilozzo and Ralebird like this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Then he said “now at the end of the day the best players will always play, you know that”.

No, coach, we don’t know that. At least it hasn’t been the case this season and it cost your team a much more comfortable position in the playoff picture.

Ralebird and Cman68 like this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's exactly what a blatant Patriots mouthpiece is expected to say in this situation.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

being owners for 20+ years the Johnsons SHOULD have put their feet down and demand a skilled veteran presence on the sideline with regard to the offense AND the player u just selected at #2.

doesn't matter the tragedy (Knapp) involved, u have to adapt.

especially after the darnold fiasco.

Could you folks imagine the 21 players we could put on the field if we didn't take 2 top five QB's within the last few years. Geez.

too bad the rams got mayfield. I think even he could have been an option at this point (if white remains out).

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

ken obrien was an expert at that unfortunately......and on the flip side marino was perfect for even an average OL.

Jets81 likes this.