What would it cost to acquire Rodgers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Dec 23, 2022.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

And that's exactly the reason for this thread. I agree. I think the Jets are very close to being a SB team. They need a few players. They've got to get luckier on the health front, they need a durable OL, they need a Fullback, maybe an understudy linebacker? Regardless of what you think their needs are if the Jets get a money QB they'll go deep into the playoffs.....

2. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

This fan base wouldn't want either of them. There's not a single QB in the history of the NFL that Jets fans wouldn't have a problem with, unless some mad scientist invented a de-aging formula and there was a way to turn Joe Namath 25 years old again.

ColoradoContrails and IDFjet like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

4. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

What would it cost to aqquire Josh Allen or Mahomes? Non of this is happening so we gotta go with the best option next year which is Mike White and bring in another veteran Qb.

5. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

I would say it was equally laughed at.

abyzmul likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Jets should go into the draft with the mindset that they’re bringing White and Wilson back. White will be the penciled in starter in their minds but it’ll be a true competition.

They should then draft a heady quarterback in rounds 2-4 who has played a ton of football. I like Sam Hartman from Wake or Jake Haener from Fresno State in that sort of spot. A player you know can pickup a playbook and come in and operate a NFL offense even if it’s unspectacular.

We have too much offensive line work to do, to go after someone like Rodgers in a quick-fix to get to the SB. He’s stood behind a great offensive line for most of his career and he hates getting hit.

7. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Picks and 50million dollars in salary for a close to being washed up Rodgers.

No thanks, I feel he's closer to being out the league than being back to his best again.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

NY Jets68 and papapump like this.
  8. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

In all seriousness in the next 2 years some big time Qb will want out, and the Jets need to send 3 1st rounders or whatever it takes to get him, better than drafting bust after bust and waiting for him to never develop.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

We don’t even need something like that. We need an o line. It’s everything. A great o line can make most capable qbs good.

look at Brady with a subpar oline

papapump likes this.
  10. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

papapump likes this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

This… with the hope that if it’s this, ZW does something in the off-season, to learn how to play qb in the nfl

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Guys, I know we are hurting and desperate for a decent QB but we need to stop being desperate.

I realize most here aren't looking forward at the offseason, and thus don't understand what we are facing. We have holes already, and are going to lose several players that will create bigger holes. This years team is partly an illusion because we got a lot of above average play from guys playing on one year prove it contracts. Its going to be very challenging to keep our talent level from dropping this offseason, and impossible if we sign an expensive vet.

papapump likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I really like this approach, but I fear that the front office is hesitant about White ability to stay healthy long enough, and having to suffer thru another season with Zach as the starter if he does not improve tremendously by next year. Would they go 4 QBs?

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah maybe he can use the Jets to go to a team that he really wants like Favre did.

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We also have rookies looking like they'll be at least above average players in the league who should get better next year.

ouchy and papapump like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Other than the safeties and Lawson who will be cut anyways, who are you talking about? The majority of our really good players are young and under contract.

I do agree that the roster is overrated a bit here.

17. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Ouchy, I totally agree with your posting. We just can’t afford to kneecap this team with a high priced veteran. Sign a second tier vet like Minshew or Brissett and let that person compete with MW.

If we can move ZW, let’s do it. Also draft another QB in the lower rounds. This team only needs a few tweaks to get into the playoffs.

Merry Christmas!

ouchy likes this.
  18. papapump

We have to get rid of Lawson, Mann, Berrios, and Thomlison. If we can get anything for ZW, move him he’s toast in NY.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Tomlinson is a bad contract we unfortunately have to live with. Mann is a punter and Berrios a punt returner. Those can both be UDFA’s for all any NFL franchise cares and just cycle through them until we find a fix.

We probably need at least three offensive line starters. That’s the biggest hurdle but I’d guess Fant is back and is the left tackle.

20. papapump

Do you have any hope for Becton?