OK, I'm done with Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Dec 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This is so telling. ZW makes everything worse (partially because teams blitz more with ZW in (because he can't handle pressure), but still)

Also, appreciate the humility, CC. Really wish you could have been saying "told ya so!" with ZW instead of joining everyone who's lost hope with him, but ZW gave us no choice last night. Hope we don't let this team bring down the holiday season. More important things! Merry Christmas!

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The problem is we can't wait 10 years or even 3 years.

3. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

I'm finally at this point too. Zach is not the guy. I had hope but last night was the final straw. What a freaking terrible performance. The kid is totally lost out there and we have too much talent not to try and win now. Mike White plays all season and I think we make the playoffs. I'm not saying White is a SB winning qb but the offense thrives when he's out there and he can run our system very effectively.

Dream scenario, Rodgers next year throwing to Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis and Conklin. Breece Hall healthy and we have a championship offense (AVT back, O line in order etc.). with our defense we are a legit championship contender. White is the capable backup and we can use Streveler in a limited package that fits his skills.

Make it happen Joe Douglas!

4. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Yet some people thought benching him would cure him. You know who you are. You can't learn during the season how to be a qb. Good riddance

5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Its nice that there's some mea culpas going on but that doesn't negate the poorness of the original judgment that was held onto far too long in the face of overwhelming evidence.

I don't recall the guys who wanted to trade the equivalent of 9 #29 picks for Deshaun and I don't care to look back and see.

But these few who were always trying to move a convo into pro-ZW territory will be hard to forget due to the frustrating lack of rational dialogue.

6. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Give him the chance to try and finally get it. It's not him physically. It's everything between his ears......

7. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I'm praying Chris Simms buys a team.

Ralebird likes this.
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

hey man, I feel your pain. I really do... I would be lying if I say I was stunned by how inept he was last night but unfrtunatley, I lost all faith in him a few games ago, With MW getting hurt they had no choice but to play him and see if he had "any" redeeming qualities besides the backyard plays he makes occassionally.

That being said, I can;t image that Woody, JD, RS and others still believe in ZW's ability to be a NFL QB. I realize he is under contract but he is a "distraction"and has tainted, IMHO, the success we as a franchise had this year. Therefore, they need to move him for whatever they can get for him and sign MW and have him bulk up and learn how to not take devastating hits.... also get another vet in to help.

Finally, I do wholly blame him for last nights loss,,, the HC should be held accountable for not having his team ready to play...on both sides of the ball.

Merry Christmas my friend, and to all peace be with you all.

#248 SOJAZ, Dec 23, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Hindsight is always 20-20. We should have NEVER traded up to get Sam in the first place, we should have stayed put and drafted Lamar. I don't think Mahomes was ever really a consideration that high.
    That decision has led us to where we are now with Zach, another reach. Jets brass fell in love with the "intangibles" of the off-platform throws ect...that's all fine and well IF you can DEVELOPE the other areas of the game. The Jets clearly have NEVER been able to do this.

Let's try and use our draft capital on Linemen, with weapons on the outside. BUY a middle of the road QB vet like Kirk, Jones, Jimmy G... fuck even Baker Mayfield.

The Jets need to STOP drafting QB's so high. Misses set the franchise back 4 years at a time. At this point we're a decade behind because of the Sam and Zach experiments

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

garret had a lackluster performance as well. On Prome Night, he had couple of plays he gave up I thought. His body language were spotty at times. Hopefully he ll learn from it.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This.

There were toooo many fans (and one GM) who really wanted to find out if ZW was 'it'. Only way was to play him. Joe Douglas has his answer.

SackRecord99 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Me too, @ColoradoContrails, me too. Because all that matters is winning. The Jets have fallen apart after a (6-3) and (7-4) start. Last night was the worst of it all. I thought nothing would be lower than the second Patriots game, but I was wrong.

Now with Zach, the question is not "Is he capable?" "Can he become a great QB?" I still think those answers are yes with the right coaching and effort. However, definitely not a sure thing at all. He can't be counted on to lead the Jets in 2023, because of that, it is time to say we are done with Zach Wilson. Similar to Becton.

The Jets need to look elsewhere for a starting QB in 2023.

Now, I still don't think the Jets would be much better with Mike White being healthy, as the defense has been weaker lately and the offensive line and run game is nonexistent, but we can all agree it would at least be a little better. Maybe they beat the Lions or Jags, maybe not.

Zach definitely let down any supporters he had left last night though. No one can defend how he played. I truly feel bad for him. It was a national embarrassment.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If his Jets career is over after last night, then #1 for sure. Especially for the expectations I had for him.

14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am no football guru but liked Fields for only couple of reasons. 1) jets never had a QB with strong runs. 2). Thought he was a better fit for MLF and throws more options. Whether Fields would give this team a better chance remains to be seen but Fields and Garret reunion would have probably helped tremendously.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Some talking heads are saying they feel sorry for him, he's not being coached correctly. I don't give a shit fck him and I don't want to see him again. Next.

16. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

How can you have a good performance when you have a backup Cfl Qb throwing to you or a Qb who can't hit a side of a barn throwing to you? We all know what Garrett can do with a competent Qb.

NY Jets68 and Jets79 like this.
  17. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Nothing left to do but play one for Zach Fields

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well thanks for the show of support, but frankly I'm still in a sort of numbness. I have to admit I was completely fooled by Zach having watched and studied him and all the "expert" breakdowns - yes, including the negative ones - that led me to be convinced that he would be our best QB since Namath. I don't know what happened to keep him from reaching his vast potential, but clearly he didn't. Those who predicted his failure before he was drafted - Tomdeb, James Hasty, Legler, MeanDean, and some others got it right. They'd be a better source of predicting who our next QB should than me.

All I can say at this point is that I thin the Jet should NOT draft QB - except as a "project" or a "lightening in a bottle" chance - they've proven that that can't develop QBs. As much as I blame Zach, I also blame the Jets for their part in this failure (and I'm not going to explain once again why I hold them accountable). But the next QB they get should be a proven, winning, vet, even a one or two year "rental" like Brady while they look for a longer term solution. Mike White isn't it IMO - but what do I know.

This is as disgusted and depressed as I've ever been as a Jets fan.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

$35 million guaranteed.

Agreed. Fuck that, step up or get gone. We have guys fighting every day to make the league with more talent and effort then the yips football we are getting from a young multi millionaire

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It became clear to me - finally - that this team has openly rebelled against Wilson. It went from the lockeroom to the field. Something I've never heard of in 60 years of watching football. Wilson can' never take another snap for this team if Saleh expects to remain HC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.