OK, I'm done with Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Dec 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

I'm ecstatic over game last night. Having Z dead and buried once and for all is biggest accomplishment of season. We can go in fresh having moved on and won't lose have a season thinking we still need to give him time of day to 'develop.' Will definitely accelerate our rebuild. Not so far off now if we get a veteran and have non-zero QB play. There was a world where Z competed against both lions and jags and we won, giving him a path to start rest of season and into next year. That would have set us back. Z getting benched for 4th stringer in-game is best xmas gift i could have received! Smell ya' Zacky.....

Jets81, SOJAZ and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

How many units did you have on the Jets?

3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Not to just run in and get in yet another kick while the poor kid is down but of late even THAT asset has not really been there.

I have no actual analysis to back this up but in the last 2 games how many of these deep throw attempts (even one that worked) came up short and either went incomplete because they weren't thrown far enough or the WR had to come back for them, negating some of the payoff. Just on memory its been quite a few.

I think with Zach that preseason injury did him no favors, then despite winning with a good team he started to get increasingly messed up confidence and mechanic wise until it all just fell apart against the Patriots (twice) . And then the Jets did the right thing, albeit a game or two late by getting him the hell out of there and not even suiting him up, but then White getting injured was the coup de grace and led to the already screwed up package that wasn't ready for battle being put right back out on the very tip of the spear.

Disaster. Now probably the Milfs won't even stay around once the 35 mill runs out.

SOJAZ and SackRecord99 like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Acad23 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Come get me :p

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

A few of you guys wanted Fields badly, @legler82 (the QB evaluator legend), @Jonathan_Vilma and others. I liked Fields too as #3, but boy was I wrong to put Zach above him. I think I grossly underestimated the lack of competition and impact of fortress of OLine Zach had. We are now entering Josh Rosen territory with Zach. What happened last night - I just didn't expect this against bad defense at home. When Streveler played, I was imagining what Fields could do for us. What a massive massive blunder. We may not get an opportunity for a young talent like that for a long time.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Bicketybam.

Ralebird, SOJAZ and Since1969 like this.
  8. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

There were a few people here who not only said that the Jets had to move on from Darnold but that if they didn't take Wilson/a QB that they would STOP following the Jets and stop posting on GG.com. :mad:

I'll say it again: I am NOT great at finding QBs in the draft...I'm not a football expert....but I know ENOUGH to see a bust and I said if not TL then trade the pick or take Chase or Pitts and team him with Darnold.

How good would Sam be today if he had Garrett Wilson and Ja'Marr Chase to throw to ?

SOJAZ and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  9. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I didn't look at it this way, but it is a sliver lining to the cloud that is the Jets QB room. Drop this kid, accept that you made a colossal draft error, and move on. They say missing on a qb when you draft one as high as we did with zach will set you back 5 years. That is only true if you don't admit it and stubbornly try to make it work. Go get another qb, and put this kid on a plane back to Utah.

SOJAZ, Jets79, HomeoftheJets and 2 others like this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Fields is unlikely to be what he appears to be right now for long. He's already separated his left shoulder this season. The injury toll will continue to pile up as he keeps running.

When you put him in the pocket he's nothing special.

I think the comp is RGIII but I'm not sure Fields is as good a passer.

11. Jets-N-Terps

He is the "Zach Wilson" of TGG posters...

12. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Fuck you. Genuinely. Fuck you. You’ve been downright nasty to me calling me every name in the book for pointing out this shit about Zach a year ago. Seriously, go choke on a dick. I’m gonna make sure I mind remind everyone of your hot takes everytime you post. You’re not even a Jets fan, your probably a Pats fan who wants Zach to help implode the Jets (sound familiar asshole?)

IDFjet likes this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Merry Christmas :)

15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to you as well! Trust me, plenty of people disagreed with me respectfully about Zach, and I was respectful of them as well. But cval and bicketybitch are just downright jerkoffs, and frankly coloradocontrails to a lesser degree. I don’t have any issues with disagreements and opinions, but when you’re not even defending an opinion and instead attacking a poster for having an opposite opinion you can bet your ass I’m gonna never let you live down your stupidity.

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

No. Moving on from Darnold was the right move. Happy feet, subpar arm and terrible athleticism. He's not good enough to take a team to where it needs to go. The problem was drafting Zach Wilson to replace him, which personally I was not OK with. I wanted Fields in the draft, or a veteran if they weren't sold on Fields. Never wanted any part of Zach. Now, its time to move on.

MoWilkBeast, SOJAZ and Borat like this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Easier said than done. Can't just go and get a good QB. Everyone wants one. That's why people are spending high picks on the QBs almost every year. For that hope that maybe it will hit. And that was the year. Fields, whom many here wanted, looks like is on his way, and was there for the taking. The whole idea of doing a rebuild from the ground up revolves around a QB. The teams that compete for SB year in and year out have great QBs. We now missed out on that opportunity. When will it come again? Who knows. The team is good enough now that we will not be at the very bottom and can compete, so we won't have great draft picks for a top rated QB.

Bigger picture, with this roster JD is going to have to figure something to bring in a mid tier QB, maybe make play-offs here and there with Fitzmagic like QB season, but without the guy it will be tough to be a perennial contender and we will have to spend a lot of this roster soon or let some good players go. Make no mistake, missing on a QB like that does set the franchise back years, whether you give up on him early or not, and our situation is no exception. Let's hope for the best, as crazy things have happened, like KC getting Mahomes, etc, but I just don't see how confirming Zach is a definite bust is not a huge step back for this franchise.

#237 Borat, Dec 23, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  18. Jets-N-Terps

I didn't say it wasn't a step backwards, but it will only set you back years if you stick with him any longer. Mike White getting hurt forced the Jets hand, with Wilson, but dropping him now, admitting your mistake, and moving on will minimize it and keep the trajectory of the team pointing up.

If you build it, he will come...You built the roster so it is competitive. Now go out and get your QB. At an absolute minimum, get someone who can operate an offense to compete with Mike White, and add a draft pick or young guy.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Easy peasy, hah? Unless Mike White turns into a Cousins, it will be tough. We will need pay arm and a leg for a Fitzmagic type, maybe rent a Brady, and hope we can somehow score on a promising younger guy down the line without high picks a la KC. OLine btw stinks too in spite all the investments. It's a tough one Terps, there is no good answers. Gotta be patient I guess.

20. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.