OK, I'm done with Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Dec 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He better not be shorter than Wilson..

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Christ, am I THAT old?!?!

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

And you thought they’d win ;)

4. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Christmas miracle!! Which part in last night game was the turning point for you?

5. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Too bad there isn't an NFL Europe anymore. Despite being the No. 2 overall pick and teams typically being unwilling to risk their regular roster players over there, it would have been an ideal place for Zach to maybe rehabilitate his career.

This kid is so far gone and so lost that he doesn't even belong dressed on Sundays. It is wild to realize of the four quarterbacks on this roster, he's the least ready to play at a professional level.

As stated before, he has virtually zero value and all he represents is a cap hit at this time. You have to keep him on the roster for another year and hope he figures it out - even if only so you can get, maybe, a third or fourth round pick for him from a team that needs a back-up QB or one organization/coach that thinks they can fix him.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    So did 23 other people on this board.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I agree

bicketybam likes this.
  8. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Goddamn the difference between him and Lawrence was on display and it was as big as the Grand Canyon. How anyone had them even in the same universe as prospects is unbelievable.
    Seeing a 6'6" guy run an offense, move out of the pocket, and score that goal line TD, and then watching zach wilson attempt to play quarterback just amplified it and shoved it in Jets fans faces.
    This game was the battle of the best prospect in a decade vs. the worst draft pick in a decade.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Wilson is toast in NY. The only thing that can save his career is a fresh start somewhere else.

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Exactly why many of us on this board were completely fucking baffled that the hype train hit so hard, so fast. The tape absolutely did not warrant the hype or the draft status. Just absurdity out of the gate.

I'll never understand this one.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I hope the folks who lectured the majority of us about "not being real fans if we're rooting for our team to lose" are enjoying those wins now...

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So CC and Cval are off the wagon, who is left? Any truthers still out there? Where's that burf at?

SOJAZ likes this.
  13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Pretty boy will def be doing TV at some point, no question, so he's not entirely off base...

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

hey I was at the same section! Row 4 … and yeah body language says a lot … that third down throw Zach missed to go three and out that first possession to start the third quarter, Duane Brown came out pissed…he threw his arms up and stormed off the field when we went three and out

there’s just no defending him…even CC has finally had enough

No more bullshit about how he’s 5-2, no more bullshit about dropped passes or throwaways, no more bullshit about playing top three defenses…no more bullshit about “eye test” progress … no more fucking excuses….by this time in his career, he shouldn’t be having ANY games where his stat line is 50% completion for under 100 yards and more picks than TDs unless he’s playing the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens…and not only does he HAVE those games, that’s his NORMAL

kid sucks…the reset didn’t take…with this many games under his belt, I think we know what he is…it will take some sort of off field miracle next off-season to become even a halfway decent QB, because right now he is not an NFL QB.

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

He's way up there if this is the end for him. Other QBs have the excuse of being on a bad team. He doesn't this year. This team is ready to win with mediocre to below average QB play

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I had a 6am gig and I decided not to watch at all because when the Jets do silly things it keeps me up at night.

Happy Holidays!

17. Br4d

What just happened to the Jets only happens when the people that matter are looking at irrelevant things as strengths.

Off-platform arm strength is the last thing you need in your QB. Everything else comes before that.

BrooklynJetsFan, tomdeb and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I allowed myself to be convinced that it was possible that he could be really good, and was on board with it and reluctantly stayed the course until after the pre-season game this year. That awful int and non contact injury after being hurt last year was enough for me to bail on him. People on this forum scoffed at it, but the writing was on the wall.

Hopefully Joe Douglas can recover from this one and pull off a serviceable quarterback next year without having to break the bank or trade too much talent to get one.

Ralebird, SOJAZ, IIMeanDeanII and 2 others like this.
  19. Br4d

We were playing meaningful games in December. That you can't take away from us.

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, if Douglas is smart he is a post-june 1 cut. Doubt Douglas will admit his error however.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.