2023 Jets QB Carousel

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Dec 22, 2022.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Well it’s blatantly obvious Zach Wilson won’t be here in 2023, so let’s get the ball rolling.

I personally think the Jets go the veteran route + drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd to sit and develop.

I say bring on Aaron Rodgers. He’s had a broken thumb on his throwing hand all year which is impacting his ability to play QB and he’s still having a season us Jets fans would kill for. The weapons the Jets have would the best weapons he’s ever had.

I’ll gladly trade our late teens/early 20s pick and a 2nd or 3rd for Rodgers.

azhar80, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I don’t know what they do with ZW. Cutting him would be a decent cap hit, when we’re already up against the limit already-and need to extend quinnen + pay a guy to replace him.

Jojo likes this.
  3. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Aye, Wilson honestly doesn't belong on the roster right now even as a backup. We bring White back and probably find another QB somewhere (draft or vet). If we can't move Zach I guess we carry 3QB next year?

#3 hastygreen, Dec 22, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

He’s not going anywhere. They’re gonna bring in a vet like Minshew.

Acad23 likes this.
  5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I would have said this too, before last night. Now I'm not sure. A vet for sure, but Wilson might be gone. Let's be honest he should be.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

this may happen......i'd be surprised if they outright cut/trade him (realize there is no value but there is ALWAYS some ego minded HC in the NFL willing to give up a 6th for a reclamation project)

i think we have seen the last of the jets drafting a QB in round 1. IMO, get ready for the proverbial stop gap vets hoping u catch the perfect match between QB and staff.

hey we did it before with VT, eagles with foles, broncos with manning, etc etc.

i think we are gonna lose white in FA - jets wont be able to keep him cause of the money wrapped up in ZW.

it would have taken some balls to extend white during this season and not wait. VERY tough situation.

BUT - the jets are a magnet for an established vet to come in and have success. they are an attractive spot due to the talent - very much different than years past.

7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Jets would probably have to eat a lot of salary for someone to take Zach off our hands.
    I don’t think this organization has the balls and wherewithal to just cut him like he really deserves.
    So I think he unfortunately will be on the roster,
    I want no part of a Favre part 2 like Rodgers.

I think Carr makes the most sense but I think it will be a Minshew type of guy.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Nothing we can do with Zach Rosen. I imagine Saleh will be still talking up his chances to play a year from now.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Minshew has a great chance to make some killer money for himself over the next three weeks.

The only QB I want no part of is Jimmy G.

I think in order --

1) Rodgers
    2) Minshew/Mike White comp? (idk if the Jets pay both guys though)
    3) Carr

Still need to see what happens over the last two weeks of the season with MW though.

10. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Rams salary cap machinations finally caught up with them this year, but only after they pushed it way further than we would have to in order to pay a QB. The cap is not a significant obstacle for what we can do this offeason.

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Honestly, I sitll believe this team is average-ish QB play away from a Wild Card spot.

And with a healthy AVT & Breece Hall, another upgrade on the OL, and one big addition at S or LB, this team can push deep into the playoffs

Want to see more Mike White, but my current hope is to bring in another QB, probably a vet like Carr or Garroppolo, to compete with MW. Boom. Maybe ZW can be the 3rd QB...

azhar80, SOJAZ and NYJFOREVER like this.
  13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Flacco should be gone next year.

Mike White should be resigned.

Trade Zach to a team that knows how to develop a young QB.

Sign or trade for a veteran that can compete with White for the starting job.

Also, fix the OL.

Fant and Tomlinson need to go.

Resign McGovern and keep Brown for another year.

OL and outside pass rush should be priorities in the draft, especially if we cut Lawson.

14. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Forget Rodgers - he is over the hill or close to it and his salary is a killer. GB would love to unload him.

Speaking of LOVE, GB has another QB who has good potential and is young and has been waiting. I do not think they can pay both Rodgers and Love so, I say go get Jordan.

Douglas had the big whiff, but he has done everything else so well he deserves another shot to get this team an adequate QB.

If it isnt Love, the most obvious choice is White. Mike has shown he can move the team between the 20's, but his two questions are can he execute in the red zone and get TDs and can he stay upright. i have no issue seeing if Mike is the guy IF we have an adequate veteran backup QB. Is it too much of a reach to ask if Streveler can be that backup veteran ???

My ideal scenerio would be to get Love and resign Mike and let them have a legitimate competition.

As for Zach, if there is a practible way to dump him that needs to be done. if not he can be the third string guy and hope he can progress against all odds.

15. dawinner127

The problem with Love is this team is win now. You can't bring in Love, too many unknowns.

16. dawinner127

[​IMG]

2022 Jets feel very similar to the 2020 Bucs

ColoradoContrails and dmw like this.
  17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Average qb play gets them in the playoffs this year.
    Minshew would have done that, and may be our best option to bring in to compete with Mike White. Unfortunately, White is too fragile to be relied upon for a whole season, though.

I don't think Rogers is not a realistic option.

18. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

As I’ve mentioned b4, this franchise needs to make a deal with the devil acquire brady or Rodgers to take them to the promiseland

19. dawinner127

Realistically this is where I'm at. Minshew + White compete for the job in '23. The issue is how much money are both going to command? Minshew has a great opp over the next 3 weeks to get a decent paycheck. Same goes for White if he comes back and the Jets somehow win 2 in a row

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If he wants another chip he should come here.

He would also get to stick it to his former coach twice next year.

As much grief as he has given us over the years he is the best available player that will not cost us any draft picks to sign.