OK, I'm done with Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Dec 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Streveler is a weapon that I would keep around next year to run some gadget plays a la taysom hill, and I’m sure he would be a heat seeking missile on special teams even if he’s not actually that fast. Keep him. Unless they bring in Rodgers, then there would be no need.

2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Please, you think MLF had anything to do with that? The guy escaped the pocket and ran for huge chunks of yards. Wilson hasn't had a designed run all season. This wasn't MLF; it was just Streveler taking his one opportunity and refusing to waste it.

Nyjets4eva and Poeman like this.
  3. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Streveler may not have a lot of pure skill, but he has instincts and heart. Two things Zach wouldn’t know if it bit him in the ass.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

5. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Just getting home from the game… the literal only silver lining was that the weather wasn’t as bad as predicted.

I was on the opposite side of the field, but did anyone notice one or two Jet players hyping up the crowd when they put Streveler in? I could have been seeing things, but that’s all you need to know about Zach Wilson.

Goodbye Zach.

6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

If there is any saving grace what so ever, is that I think Wilson cares more than Russell did.

It's been a train wreck.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

No.

sozopol likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Now he's just being mean... :(

James Hasty likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Biggest bust in Jets history. In NFL history JaMarcus Russell was a bigger bust though.

Jets81 likes this.
  10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

If that's how Saleh feels, he can go down in flames with him.

papapump, Jets79 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Waiting for DarkKnight to talk about Zach's upside after this game.

12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

From Sanchez to Darnold to Zach; one can assume the Jets QB draft pick having been trending downward for quite some time now. Maybe the Jets could market Zach's 5-4 winning record to see if there are any bites. Can't see the Jets moving Zach and his contract, since there are better more affordable QBs in Free Agency. And if you bring him back in 2023 what do you do with him? Stick him at #3 and hope he never sees the field again? Just the thought of a small possibility of Zach hitting the field seems to spook the entire team.

GW offered some insight after the Jets 10-3 loss to the Pats when he said "certain things you see on the practice field need to be called out". He said this because he was obviously seeing the same mistakes on the playing field. Bottom line is this situation could have been handled better, but no sense on dwelling on it now. Eventually, there comes a time when living in denial is no longer an option, as the only solution becomes to cut the losses and move on.

RochesterJet likes this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

35mil without even needing to prove you are capable of doing the job you were hired for. Lol.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Gholston.
    Blair Thomas.
    Zach.
    Lam Jones

I don’t agree that being a QB makes the bust factor bigger. It doesn’t cost you extra to pick a QB.

And Zach often looks and moves like a real NFL player. He’s slick, elusive, and can throw. The illusion is seductive.

Thomas and Gholston did not move like NFL players. They were were both perfect examples of why the word “stiff” became a noun.

Gholston should not have been drafted at all.

Losmeister and Acad23 like this.
  15. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

I just came back from
    The game and this kid stinks, I was sitting 4 rows back of the bench, and garrett Wilson was standing by the heaters once and zack came over to him
    And garrett Wilson went ballistic on him than they didn’t talk for the rest of the game. The whole team hates this kid, if he is on this team
    Next year I’d be shocked.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Zach. In my last career, I spent 10 years trying to get in, only to fail out and having to resign or get fired after only 6 months. I took a job in a place that was just too fast, and I was expected by my supervisors to hit the ground running and with little guidance. Every little thing I did wrong, they tore me a new one. If I did something right, all they'd do is tell me it doesn't matter, because it didn't erase my screw ups, which were more concerning than my successes were hopeful. I couldn't think straight, and couldn't even do basic tasks, and I just spent every day paralyzed with fear over making mistakes. Needless to say, when my dream crashed, I was very close to suicidal. I felt like I had no purpose in the world. I'd imagine that Zach is probably feeling the same way now.

Poor guy is just a kid still. He really doesn't need to be booed because he's no doubt booing himself. I'm not excusing the bad play. I just hope he can find the right place to redeem himself.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The crazy thing is, we could have had a chance to win this game if Streveler played full game. He only had 3 drives. Two of them were in a field goal range. We needed a touchdown, so we stalled, but that's 6 points earlier in the game. The 3d drive was from 2 yard line, and would have been a punt at 30, which is not a terrible result. That's two points per drive. I think we ended up with more 10 drives with one one them starting at their 15. Just by that math alone that would net 20+ points. Granted there could have been other outcomes, but Sterveler moved the ball on every possession and we would have a chance with him playing all game. It's crazy to think that with this scrub we could have won and with Zach we just stalled every single time.

Btw, what we saw from Streveler is what the offense could have looked like with Fields if we drafted him, except Fields is 10 times better in every area.

Nyjets4eva, NYJetsO12, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  18. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I think Leaf was the biggest bust, though Russell was second. I'm willing to withhold my judgment on Wilson until he gets an opportunity to redeem himself somewhere. If that never comes, I'd put him in the top 3 all time busts though.

Section 336 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Wilson is not ready to play. Starting him next week is a bad idea for everyone involved. We just played against two bottom 5 defenses in NFL allowing combined 52 ppg. If there was a perfect time to come in and get a confidence booster, this was it. Zach put up 17 point total against them and went from bad to worse. Then was thoroughly outplayed by practice squad scrub. At this point he should not see the field for the rest of the year at least.

ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

At the pace he was going, he would have been stretchered off eventually.

NY Jets68 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.