"Zach not a good fit"says Daniel Jeremiah. Do you change QB or OC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

The narrative that the Jets aren't coaching him up and leaving it all up to him to figure it out is bullshit. What do people think the offensive coaching staff is doing all day? Just ignoring Zach Wilson?

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

JT with another Zach breakdown of his tape vs the Lions.

heartpumpsgreen likes this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It is over for Zach Wilson in NY. He won’t be the QB next year.

4. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Great analysis in the last few minutes and he's trying to be nice. "That shit doesn't last in the league"

heartpumpsgreen and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Yeah, everything JT said in his breakdown was spot on.

Hard to disagree with any of it really.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've been thinking about this report and it makes me think Zach Wilson could be shopped this offseason.

Daniel Jeremiah is friends with Joe Douglas and was even considered for a Jets FO job when Douglas was hired. The fact that Jeremiah is now coming out and calling Zach a "bad fit" could be Joe calling in a favor to gauge trade interest.

heartpumpsgreen and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. Jetsin2029

Jetsin2029 Member

You change both OC and QB, but this being the Woody Jets both MLF and ZW will be back next year.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If someone offered me the Darnold package for him, I'll drive zach to the airport myself.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I know you're trying to be cute but how many offensive yards did we have that game?

Now, how many did they have?

Okay. Talk soon. Bye.

10. IIMeanDeanII

If we ignored all the bad of this team, we could easily claim there Is nothing wrong with the team.

Doesn't make It true though.

So, no... When the factual evidence and eye test align with the same reoccurring issue. Week, after week.

I think I'll keep voicing my displeasure with It.

In this instance, It's, Zach Wilson.

It's funny how we don't see the same issues when other QBs are running the system.

Even with the RDZ complaint, It was ONE bad game In the RDZ. Even that game, should've produced a few TDs. Unfortunately the execution wasn't there.

You and the Zach Wilson crew can continue this charade, pointing the finger at everything but Zach In an attempt to deflect the obvious.

I don't fully understand It though.

Either I'm dumb as fuck.

(Very well could be the case.)

Or...

Y'all are delusional.

It's one of the other at this point and I hope It's not that I'm just dumb as fuck.

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yes, I was being sarcastic because when we got to the red zone, the offense became inept. It took 4 attempts and a video review to score our only touchdown from the 3 yard line.

If it makes you feel better we did win the yardage game. Unfortunately points is what counts and they scored more than us. Enjoy that hollow victory. Okay. Talk soon. Bye

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  12. IIMeanDeanII

I do enjoy you as a poster. That's sincere.

I suppose It's because I'm a lot like you, just sitting on the other side of the fence.

Shit needs to be better. I think we both agree there.

So, hopefully they identify the proper issues and correct them accordingly.

See what I did there?

Peace offering. lol

bicketybam likes this.
  13. bicketybam

I totally get your frustrations with Wilson. You never wanted him to begin with and he's turning out to be what you predicted. I'm disappointed as well. I expected better out of him.

If you remember, I was ok with either Wilson or Fields. I just wanted a change at QB (I was done with Sam.) Once they picked Wilson I gave him full support.

I completely gave up on Darnold after the 3rd game of his 3rd year and that's about where I am with Wilson. Even at that he needs to earn the starting job in camp next year. No way should he be elevated back to #1. So I'm with you on several points. What bothers me is the relentless ragging on Wilson who is essentially our backup QB. If White doesn't get hurt he wouldn't even be in there.

Last week was the perfect storm:

-Fans were extremely upset that White got hurt.

-Fans were extremely upset that Wilson was going to start

-Fans were devastated that we lost to the Lions, failing to hold the lead late in the game

And here is the kicker......

-Fans were pissed that we lost and it wasn't because Wilson threw for 40 yards with 4 picks and a fumble. Deep down they realized we should have won this game and while Wilson could have played better, he certainly wasn't the reason we lost. I think that is what infuriated fans the most. Hence page after page of vitriol for Zach Wilson.

Anyway, I appreciate the post and the feeling is mutual Let's pray Wilson can be a erage enough to beat the Jags tonight and our season stays alive.

14. dawinner127

This is terrific. Thank you.

I remember screaming in real time about that check down to Berrios that he missed, I'm watching it now and if Berrios makes the one defender miss, look at how much room he has to work. Holy shit.

[​IMG]
    The ball is in the black circle. All the yellow has zero defenders, just green. That closest defender is 15 yards away. Insane. Like this is just meat on the bone I've been talking about over the last few days. It just can't happen.

IIMeanDeanII and KY Jets Fan like this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

LA, agree but...all QB not named ZW seem to benefit from it.... so there is that.

16. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I've watched everything. And I've never said Zach's been good... I didn't want them to draft him. What you quoted me was about stats... not exactly sure why that quote got your response.
    That said, my two basic thoughts about Zach are... A) The Jets knew who they were getting in Zach. And while they've done a decent job building the team/talent around him, they've failed to also build the offense around him. If the scheme was more important than Zach's skills, they should've drafted Mac Jones. But since they wanted Zach, it makes no sense not adjusting the scheme to fit Zach's skills. Ye olde round peg in square hole thing. Makes no sense.
    B) After drafting Zach, their plan was for Greg Knapp to mentor Zach. But after his unfortunate death, wishful thinking seemed to become their plan. A defensive-minded HC; an inexperienced OC; & a guy with 2 years NFL experience as a Quality-Control coach, as his QB coach... none of them ever developed an NFL QB.
    Together with an offense designed for another skillset, to me, Zach's basically been left on his own, to learn the NFL QB trade. So far, they've failed him miserably.
    Which brings me to Saleh, & how he's constructed his coaching staff. As a newbie HC, it doesn't make sense bringing in an array of first-timers. He needed experienced surrogates to help him learn the HC craft. Instead, he brought in friends.
    Like Zach, everybody's trying to learn their positions. That tells me he has a strain of insecurity, in that an experienced coach might challenge him at times. In my experience, that's a bad trait. My way or the highway manager-types, never do as well as those managers that adapt to the varying talents of their underlings. It's a red-flag to me, but as with Zach, I'm willing give him time to learn.
    Everyone says how the Jets players are ahead of schedule, & Zach is holding them back.
    I say the Jets players are ahead of schedule, and Saleh & his CS are holding them back... especially Zach.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

There's no need to fire coaches. What needs to be realized is that it is ZACH'S fault and no one else's. He has a fundamental flaw in that the game simply moves too fast for him.....

Ralebird likes this.
  18. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

shopped for what? can't see anyone giving more than a 6th rounder for him and certainly not a proven player of any kind.

19. bicketybam

Let me ask you a question. I'm going to use a baseball analogy.

Your starter gives up a 3 run home run in the third inning. Your team battles back and takes a 1 run lead in the 8th. Then your closer comes in and surrenders a two run game winning home run in the bottom of 9th. Do you blame the starting pitcher for surrendering the 3 run home run early in the game or do you blame the closer for not doing his job? I dont think I've ever heard a baseball fan blame the starter in that case. But that is what is happening with Wilson in the Detroit game. We had the lead.

IIMeanDeanII and burf like this.
  20. dawinner127

I'm not sure if you are asking me this b/c I've been destroying Zach recently, but I'm absolutely on board with you. They scored enough and gave the lead to the defense and blew it. I even wrote it after the game -- The defense lost us the game.[​IMG]

I'm getting on Zach b/c he is missing so many plays every single game. These one possession losses shouldn't be happening, but he misses so many plays the games are actually close when they shouldn't be!! I can't even wrap my head around some of the shit I'm seeing when I watch it back. He isn't even close when he misses, they are atrocious.

With all that said and with all of these horrible plays, we were in the position to win vs Detroit and the D let it up. No argument from me there.