Mike Francesa trashes Zach Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Dec 20, 2022.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Well this cements it for me... Zach Wilson is going to be a star

3. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I can't listen to it, the very sound of the man's voice makes me want to dig out my eardrums with a rusty spork.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is he wrong?

“Wilson makes the game completely uncomfortable on every down. Wilson makes the easy hard. He makes everything look hard. He has no idea how to play the position. Zero. He has no pocket awareness. He has no footwork. He has no touch on the football. He does not know how to throw anybody open. He does not know how to look away from his primary read. He does everything wrong. And then he makes some crazy throws across his body on broken plays that go for big yardage. He can make plays on the run on broken plays, but that’s the only time he’s any good. The rest of the time he stinks. And he doesn’t have any clue how to play the position. None. I mean, he makes you uncomfortable. He’s not positioned to throw the ball when he drops back. He drops back like he’s in La La Land. He looks up and there’s five guys in his face. He doesn’t know when to throw the ball away. He has guys wide open and he misses him by 20 yards, or he tries to drill the ball through them.

“Quarterbacks have to have an ability to finesse the ball when it needs to be finessed, to drop the ball in when it needs to be dropped in. Not throw the wrong pass at the wrong time every single time. He missed wide open receivers by 20 yards, tried to throw the ball through guys who were 10 yards away. I mean, yeah, what an awful quarterback display for a guy who had 300 yards passing. I mean, he’s a mess. Let’s be honest, it was a miracle they had the lead. He looks like you handed him a car, and he’s never been behind the wheel. And he’s just taking that car everywhere. He’s everywhere trying to keep that car on the road. That’s that’s how he looks at the quarterback position. I mean, you can add it all up. He just was terrible at the position, terrible.”

5. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Say what you will about Francesa. He’s a fat, arrogant, oft wrong, cock gobbling blowhard.

6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

No he is not wrong. The Zach truthers will dismiss is because it's Fatcessa, but he is right on with this analysis.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well... I wouldn't exactly call it an "analysis".

More like a highly focused rant... :cool:

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I can’t think of a less relevant, less knowledgeable opinion than Fatcessa.
    wasn’t he already removed from radio?

TheCleaner likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet his breath smells like shit mcnuggets.

KY Jets Fan, JETFUEL1580, AJW and 2 others like this.
  10. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

He’s right. The only argument for him now is that because he can make those eye popping throws when it’s streetball, he can learn the easy stuff. Maybe not?

11. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Yes, he's wrong... especially, with his absolutest "every single time" bs.

12. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Honestly, that’s really well said.

Every time I watch Wilson I hold my breath. Sorry, dude sucks.

Nyjets4eva and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lol don't you all want a Mike and the Mad Dog reunion ??aha

There's hate for Mike Francesca ..there's hate for Joe Beninggo

But is there also hate for the Truth??..smh

rockyusmc2003 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  14. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

It's nothing that hasn't been said here long before Francesa said it.

Posters here wrote his script for him.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I can understand the thought some Zach truthers have that he has more potential and to not give up on him... I'm not sure he's salvageable, but I get it.

There's only one person this board who thinks Zach should be starting. Anyone who watches the games knows he full of shit with his takes. Nobody with eyes can think Wilson isn't missing receivers almost every other pass and just isn't good at the QB position. He's a backyard QB.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I have met my fair share of famous people over the years and that fat blowhard was the biggest arrogant prick I have encountered.
    I ran into him at an ice cream shop in Lido Beach at the heyday of the Mike and the Mad Dog.
    I was behind him in line, no one else there and I just said , I really enjoy your show casually and the dude acted like he was Frank Sinatra and I was some fanatic hounding him.

azhar80 likes this.
  17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I mostly agree with him. People buy into those flashy deep throws that Wilson makes from time to time but other than that he's got nothing going for him. He can't consistently move the offense down the field. Every time he drops back and starts running, I expect either a fumble or a throw into double coverage. As I said before, that stuff worked for him in HS and NCAA but it's not going to work in the NFL. He's too slow to read the coverage and can't do a simple drop back, 1-2-3, throw... When was the last time he completed a freaking screen pass? If one can't do those relatively simple things, they will never be successful at the QB position in the NFL.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Analysis? Well there is an over statement. It’s a personal view point at best. Some things are quite evident, much of it is an over the top ranting.

19. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Shut up Francessa, you fat fuck!!! You are the same person that said Sam Darnold was going to be a star.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

#19 AJW, Dec 20, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To summarize his annoying rant…..Wilson does not do the easy stuff well enough to move the chains safely. He is not processing defensive formations fast enough. Without it, is very hard to get this offense in rhythm.