No way Zach should play another game for us

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 18, 2022.

1. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

A lot of guys out in the parking lot can throw the ball hard and far. Give me a QB who can throw with touch, accuracy, and anticipation. Zach does none of those things.

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

ZW played fine today for his standards but that’s a horrid defense.

Bottom line, guy completed 50% of passes today, not good.

And even if you think he played fine today, what I’m the world makes you think he can sustain that?

we will move on from him after this year. I’d expect a trade for a 4th rounder or so. We will bring back White and go after a vet

3. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

51% completion rate vs the worst secondary in the league, alot of luck throws where it could of easily been picked, one pass straight to the other team almost a pick 6 does not cut it, this kid stinks. Mike White makes the easy looks easy and Zack Wilson makes the easy look impossible.

Get me the Damn Ball and IDFjet like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not sure why completion rates matters when you have a 300 yard passing game. Y’all are being nitpicky about that. Wilson made plays today. He missed a couple too, but I’m not sure why everyone would rather have 25 completions for 321 rather than 18?

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Guys. Cleaned a bunch of posts. All of us are pissed and some of us are drunk. Don’t want to ban anybody yet but please cut it out.

Acad23 and James Hasty like this.
  6. Jetsin2029

Jetsin2029 Member

ZW is a terrible fit for the MLF system. The only system ZW could be decent in is the style the Seahawks used with Russell Wilson. Heavy on the run, play action, roll him out and throw bombs.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Because he would have had yards if he competed more passes today? Be statistically extremely difficult to hit the same number of yards if he completed 7 more passes

94Abraham likes this.
  8. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Or the late 90s/early 2000s Vikings offense. Just chuck it up to Moss

9. Jonathan_Vilma

I mean you can reverse engineer his stats and say he could’ve marched down the field in 8 different completions rather than 3 with the Garrett Wilson (33 yards), CJ Uzomah (40 yards), and Jeff Smoth (50 yards) completions.

I’m not defending him but again, everyone’s manipulating the stats to make sense to justify the fact that Zach Wilson sucks. He does suck, but he was pretty good today. That’s being largely lost by the buffoonery on this board.

Borat, KY Jets Fan, Mogriffjr and 2 others like this.
  10. burf

burf Well-Known Member

My only comment in response to most of the crap above... all the stuff about Greg Knapp, this past week, reminds me of what might've been with Zach. Knapp was an actual NFL coach, with a good resume developing QBs.
    After his passing, the Jets selected Rob Calabrese to develop Zach. His claim to fame was he played QB @ Boomer Esiason's HS on Long Island. As for NFL experience, he was the Quality Control coach for Denver.
    It's not really astounding that he hasn't been developing... with a Defensive HC, a neophyte geek as OC, and a glorified High School QB, as his QB coach, to guide him. And while I love JD for most of his player acquisitions, that he green-lighted this "developmental" trifecta to develop his prized #2, is absolute malfeasance.
    https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/rob-calabrese

#210 burf, Dec 18, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Well its a bit of a nitpick but as posted in the game thread if Zach doesn't miss the receiver on 3rd down at the beginning of the game that punt return for TD doesn't happen. It was just a clear bad throw and thats all there is to it.

Not all on Zach but he didn't do anywhere near as well as I was expecting him to. I was disappointed in him today.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  12. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

The Jets organization have been horrible in developing QBs...the only one that was decent was Chad Pennington.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's almost impossible to rise above the din of the anti-Zach Echo Chamber, but here's a couple of things that need to be pointed out:

1. Zach did not prove that he's a FQB.
    2. Zach did put the Jets in a position to win this game despite very questionable play calling and shitty OL play.
    3. S.T. cost them a TD.
    4. Defense cost them a TD.
    5. Saleh likely cost them a chance to get closer for the tying FG by not calling time out sooner on the last drive.

If all of this had happened to MW, this forum would be saying how badly he was let down. Instead, we get a feeding frenzy about how badly Wilson sucks. SMH.

He missed some throws, missed seeing some open receivers, and wasn't able to overcome all the above to get the win, but to say that proves he sucks and should never play another game for the Jets is way over the top.

14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I guess so. I didn't think he sucked, just below average watching his overall play in the game and the opponent. He had some big time throws, but he also missed like 8 receivers with bad passes. Not to mention the pass Carter saved being a pick.

The talent is obvious on some of his plays, but so many bad ones kill him. I think he had it rough in a sense the jets are ahead of schedule and are in win now mode. But he was so bad at times in not sure if would have mattered

#214 JackBower, Dec 18, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    Jets79 likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

4 is bullshit. The fact that the defense gave up a singular touchdown is fine. They’re expected to give up more.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He wasn't pretty good today... Maybe by HIS standards. Sure, he was pretty good today..

Low bar. All that wonderwall jazz.

The numbers don't tell the story though. He wasn't good. Tired of the excuses. Not once did I sit there thinking to myself, yep, this Is a FQB right there. I haven't said that since him being drafted, I wasn't saying It before he was drafted..

I sure AF aint saying It now either.

It's not ridiculous, he certainly wasn't the solution, and on top of things. They lost...

Nah.. Dude sucked.

17. ColoradoContrails

No, not bullshit, fact. Yes, they played a good game for the most part, but they made a horrible mistake and that TD allowed the Lions to take the lead with under 2 minutes to go. There's no excuse for that, nor do all the other good plays they made erase that.

But for the sake of argument let's say I agree with you on that point, that still leaves the S.T. giving up the run back for a TD. If that didn't happen, the Jets win. IOW: Zach played well enough for them to win, but not well enough to overcome some major mistakes by other parties, and yet the Echo Chamber says "Zach sucks and should never play another game for the Jets!".

That's bullshit.

burf and bicketybam like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

It doesn’t really matter when it happens. The defense gave up a single touchdown. That’s enough to win a modern day NFL game. Period, stop.

19. ColoradoContrails

Yeah, it does matter when it happens. If they gave up that score with 4 minutes to go, it leaves the Jets more time to tie or win instead of having to try and do that with less than 2 minutes to go. And if they had more time maybe Saleh's brain fart in not using the clock better wouldn't have hurt them.

It was a backbreaking mistake.

bicketybam likes this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

..and If Zach Wilson doesn't throw another God awful INT In a tie game. That put our Defense In another BS position to bail out Zach Wilson's BS, once gain. If that doesn't happen, we are still tied or scoring points Instead.

Ultimately there were several issues today, blaming the defense Is absurd though.

KY Jets Fan likes this.