Playoffs? Playoffs!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Oct 9, 2022.

?

Playoffs?

1. Hell yeah (yes)

54 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Yeah right (no)

41 vote(s)
    43.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He may need to kick 10 FG's this week. You never know.

donkey likes this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think that's why It's so hard to pin-point. I believe we've been inconsistent In different aspects of this team, at different times. Like, something Is always out of sync In some way that keeps us from gaining that extra yard for the win, so da speak.

For example..

I've been very pro MLF. I still am. However. I think last week against the Bills was one of the worst play calling games he's had. It's not even the balance between pass-run that I'm talking about either. Just re-watching It, watching others break down the film as well. Yeah. Wasn't a solid game for MLF. However, like I've already said, I think MLF has been really good overall. Even when people didn't think so. I can't really defend him last week on several key plays and drives. That still has me scratching my head.

Now... My point though.

This has seemingly been the theme. The offense sputters a game, special teams sputters a game, play calling, execution by the players.. It's not all happening at once, thankfully, but It's happening In spurts, enough to cost us meaningful games against meaningful opponents.

So. I am looking for more consistency from this team to close out the regular season and hopefully make the playoffs.

I will say. When Rex proclaimed we'd make It to the playoffs. I didn't believe.

Saleh, his confidence within his statement of seeing the Bills again. I don't know, It's real for me. It feels different. I believe.

I don't remember the last time I could say that.

So, I'm anxious to see how this all plays out. Hopefully for all of us, we are happy at the end of this.

3. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

What kills me is the two stupidest defensive penalties I have seen. Roughing passer where we would have been up 17-3 going into half home against NE. Offsides on 4th down this last week against Buffalo. Would have went into half 0-0, no chance they were snapping that ball. Those were killer.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Buffalo beating Miami in the snow is not a lock. It’s gonna be low scoring, all it might take is someone to slip and Tyreek Hill breaking free one time

ouchy likes this.
  5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

It's not a lock but I would be shocked if the Fins win. Hill is playing on a gimpy ankle and the snow/slippery surface won't help him.

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Both Hill and Waddle are dinged up and Diggs specifically talked about this game before they even played the Jets saying "Bring on the Dolphins now"

Bills won't only win, they will also cover 7 comfortably. Miami is also on the downhill. They might miss playoffs entirely.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's looking less and less likely.

jets_fan likes this.
  8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Speaking of stupid defensive penalties … I’m still furious over that fucking IMBECILE on the Raiders knocking the ball out of Baker’s hand for NO REASON after what should have been a back breaking sack last week. Instead … 15 yard personal foul … first down … Touchdown … Raiders lose. Maybe the dumbest penalty I’ve ever seen. Could mean nothing for us … or could be huge. We need the Raiders to beat NE tomorrow, After that kick in the nuts, they just might have their bags packed.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Same thing happened to Garrett Wilson against the Vikings(?), no call.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Watching the Vikings play in this Colts game is really making me think we should have won that game.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Well … at least when they hit our guys 5 yards out of bounds … uhhh … nevermind

abyzmul likes this.
  12. IIMeanDeanII

We had 487 yds of offense and they only had 287 yards of total offense against us.

Yeah, we definitely should've won that game.

13. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Hmmm yeah I was thinking that back two weeks ago. How many red zone trips did we make in that game? Watching today was like drink salt water.

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The Jets need to win 2 of the last 3 games to 100% ensure they are one game behind Miami going into the Miami game the final week of the season.

Still a chance though the Patriots interject themselves in but they will have to win 2 games against Miami, Cincy, and Buffalo to do so in this situation.

Hopefully the Chiefs keep winning so the Bills-Patriots game is meaningful the final week.

Bills winning last night was huge, no other way to say it. If the Dolphins had won, the Jets would really be up against the wall.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

JUST WIN BABY!

Brook! and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Before the Lions Game
    49 - Yes
    34 - No

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

No soup for us, come back one year!

18. IIMeanDeanII

This Is beyond heart breaking.

Good season Jets fans.

NY Jets68 and James Hasty like this.
  19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Damn

James Hasty likes this.
  20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It was great to be playing meaningful games in December, but this team has no future with Zach going forward. He's straight up trash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.