Jets Could Have Major Offseason QB Dilemma

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I also think the book on Zach hasn't been written yet. But I do think Mike White could be very good. As in Kirk Cousins level and a must resign this summer to be sure we have a good QB, since Zach is a question mark still. These first two games have been really impressive and honestly I didn't expect this type of performance from him after up and down last year and poor training camp and preseason, where he was thoroughly outplayed by Streveler. Can it last? I think on Sunday we may know the answer.

And is Mike is really as good as he played thus far in limited sample, and we will know that before season ends, we don't need to look for another QB. Resign Mike and have Zach as a back-up. His opportunity will come at some point. When it does, he will need to be ready. Until then, we are assured to have good QB play.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The short hops throws don't concern as much as when he sails the short throws over the middle. In BOTH Pats games, he had a guy wide open over the middle not more than 10 yards from him. Both times he sailed the ball a mile over the receiver/back's head. The first was easily intercepted, the 2nd was just dropped by the NE defensive sack. Respect your opinion, but I don't think Zach Wilson will get or deserves a second contract in the NFL. Nothing personal against Zach, not his fault the jets reached so far, but he still looks the middle school QB scrimmaging the varsity to me.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Omg I saw Johnny Hector play at the last game in Shea Stadium..too funny

Of course we lost to Balt or Pittsburg can't remember that far back haha

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep.. What I don't get is how the Jets scouting department had not seen this when he was at BYU

A middle school quarterback ??? This is sad and unfortunately true...cause I have eyes too Tom

Before draft day all we heard about was his arm strength and some other hype...then Douglas declared ZW won him over at the interview

The same with Sam Darnold ..Mac just plain ignored how he was a turnover machine at USC..came to Jetland and started seeing ghosts ..ugh

tomdeb likes this.
  5. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

If he got right, came in and is successful they would love him period. No one really knows how they feel about him. But I guarantee if he wins, all I’ll will will melt away.

ColoradoContrails and abyzmul like this.