The real reason why Saleh keeps saying Zach is going to play this year.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrooklynJetsFan, Dec 6, 2022.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

LOL. He might end up like Sam or worse or he might become a star. Or maybe something in between. Maybe he'll serve drinks on JetBlue flights. We'll see.

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The odds of White getting hurt before the season ends is pretty high considering his history. If/when he gets hurt we'll see what the CS has planned going forward.

Br4d and stinkyB like this.
  3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i know he had the forearm injury in the colts game. has he had another?

4. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Woody has never publicly endorsed Zach - as the franchise QB (just saying). But he has said already JD and Saleh will be around for a long time. That's on the record.

5. BrooklynJetsFan

And, by those odds, they are way higher for Zach.

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't see any need for conspiracy theories. And it would be dumb in the extreme to force him back in too quickly. If he hasn't fixed any of his flaws (and how can he have done so in just a few weeks?) then he would look shit again and remind everybody of the fact.

If a natural opportunity comes up (an injury to White, or a loss that eliminates us from the playoffs) then maybe run him back out there, but in an ideal world he will get the entire offseason to work on his mechanics and get himself ready to compete next year. I think he'll get another chance here but I'm not as sure as I once was. Putting him in before he's had a chance to properly reset would be crazy, unless we have nothing left to lose.

azhar80 and stinkyB like this.
  7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think Corey Davis is a keeper. I trust him more than Mims. Corey seems to have a good connection with Mike, after all when it mattered most on 4th down and 10 Mike went to Corey and picked up 30 plus yards.

8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You play the QB that gives you the best chance to win and develop the one that has the highest upside. As of now, White gives us the best chance to win. I also believe that the QB on the roster with the highest ceiling is Zach Wilson. He as the ability to do things that White just can't physically do. But until Wilson can learn how to read a defense and make a quick decision, White is the way to go. I'm still hoping Wilson can figure that part of the game out, but I'm not holding out hope.

cval, stinkyB and RochesterJet like this.
  9. BrooklynJetsFan

Wilson will never be accurate as Mike White or be able to read the field the same way given his height. You can’t teach precision passing with large defenders in your face.

The notion Zach has higher upside is not rooted in reality. He’s slightly undersized, and doesn’t have elite athleticism like Josh Allen to overcome deficiencies line poor field vision and inaccuracy.

He’ll just get himself hurt.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

"The 7 dwarf plus one"

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The job is Mike White's to lose.

Zach may end up starting again this year.

These two sentences are not mutually exclusive.

Brook!, ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.