The loss hurts, but feels good to know we have a QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 4, 2022.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It's quite funny seeing people give Zach all the excuses in the book about how he has only played in 20 games, but crush Mike White when he has only played in 6.

Ralebird, SOJAZ, KY Jets Fan and 5 others like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he must've not been in any math classes at SUNY Amherst

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Mike White is the best option right now. The Jets will use the rest of this season to evaluate him. But he is 27 and mostly been a backup his entire career. I still think the Jets QB of the future isn't on the roster yet. I am rooting for Mike White to do well of course but the Jets need to find their own Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert. Easier said than done but that is why JD gets paid the big bucks. Aside from the QB spot he has done a great job building this roster.

SOJAZ, KY Jets Fan and bicketybam like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Judging by our success rate in drafting FQB's, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen if I were you.. More likely the Jets sign a Star QB who wants a change of scenery (cash).

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

But who? Rodgers, Brady. I doubt they come here. Jimmy G is possible, but I wouldn't call him a star. I know the Jets have had a tough time with drafting QB's but if there is one out there that JD likes in this upcoming draft then I could see him making the pick.

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. The pass is right at him it took more effort to turn left. It was purely Berrios' decision. He though he had one guy to beat on the outside, and could get a TD, while inside looked congested. He was just wrong, because Fant got confused and caused a back breaking PI. It happens. If goes inside, likely he get tackled too. But this has nothing to do with the pass, which was exactly where it should have been.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

One thing I thought we should have done, even at the time, when we got 2nd and 1, is to get James Robinson in or try another QB sneak. James was 8 for 8 in his career from 1 yard line, and has great record to get a yard due to his size. Granted he now days doesn't get much more than that, but he does have the power. Also QB sneak for 1 yard worked twice before. But ... yeah, a lot of things could have been done better. Defense also while clamped down in the second half, 20 points in the first but us on the back foot all game. One thing here or there and we win, there is a lot to learn for everyone really, offensively, defensively, QB, coaching, etc... Hopefully it will come together against Buffalo for another big win over them this week.

#127 Borat, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Of course we can play the what If game. Hindsight. The power of It. I get It.

Things most certainly could have been done better In multiple ways too.

..and I certainly hope MLF learns some things moving forward as an OC as well.

Still.. It doesn't have to be one or another. IMO

You can do a good job but also have room for improvement. All at the same time.

If there was zero chance or barely a chance. That's one thing.

There were multiple opportunities for this offense and team to win though. The execution wasn't there. The refs didn't help. The self inflicted wounds didn't help. Etc ..

Like you said though... Hopefully It will come together this week against Buffalo.

100%

9. Cman68

If that's the case, lets hope JD doesn't have a blind spot when it comes to QB talent. He's pretty damn good at spotting talent everywhere else on the field.. I doubt if a Star Qb drops in our laps like the old days with Farve but if one shakes loose, and I'm not talking JimmyG as he seems to be brittle, I can see JD taking a flyer on one. All of this is predicated on Mike White being a flash in the pan. If Mike White finally is the real deal, then there's no need to go down this path and use the picks on younger LB's.

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This Is another mentality I don't get.

So because he's 27 years of age and Isn't the flashy QB you see on ESPN every week, he's automatically DQ'd?

It doesn't matter the production? It's not possible he has been developed along the way to this point, where, just maybe, he might be the guy moving forward?

There's this weird infatuation with needing to draft a hyped up QB that will be this all pro QB coming out of college year 1.

Meanwhile...

I just want the dude that can be efficient, composed, and operate this offensive scheme at a high level. I want wins. I want playoffs.

.. and Mike White hasn't showed me he's incapable of being that guy for us.

Zach Wilson. Already has proven he ain't the guy right now. Not even close.

.. but yeah, hopefully we can blow our load on the QB of the future I guess this off-season.

I don't get it.

SOJAZ, Jets81, Poeman and 2 others like this.
  11. dawinner127

It took Geno Smith 10 years to learn how to play quarterback.. I'm sure people would love to have him right now. People are acting as if 27 for a QB is the same as a RB getting up in age. Insane.

Ralebird, SOJAZ and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Listen I am rooting for Mike White but, lets pump the breaks on him being the guy. He really hasn't shown much, He has started 6 games. I agree with you Wilson isn't the guy, but I am not sure White is. Remember last year he had that great game against the Bengals but then shit the bed against the Colts and Bills.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No he was fine in the Colts game he just had to leave the game for injury

KY Jets Fan and All Gas No Shake like this.
  14. Cman68

Last year did we have this level of talent? How many games has Mike White started again? These are not the 2021 Jets so let Mike White succeed or fail on his play in '22. We already know Zach's performance has bottomed out.

15. dawinner127

I was as anti Mike White as anyone on this board. The game against the Bengals was so overblown b/c it was just check down check down check down. It was the weakest 300+ yard game I've ever seen. The difference between these two games vs that game has been his willingness to throw the ball down the field. He has made some very, very nice throws and that was his biggest question mark IMO. I'm all in on the MW train and yes I get it - 6 games, could you imagine if Zach was doing this in 6 games? We would be running around screaming Super Bowl.

Cman68 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Jimmy G just suffered a season-ending injury for the 4th time in 6 seasons. Definitely do not want him on the Jets because he's like an egg back there.

Cman68 and dawinner127 like this.
  17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jets/White talk starts at 4 minute mark. Joe Beningo preaching

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He's 27yo, so could be the QB for 10 more years and if he is, then we will all take that, as it means he must have played well.

IIMeanDeanII and KY Jets Fan like this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Nobody is sure he’ll be the guy but nobody can make a good case that he’s defiantly not the guy yet either.

I don’t expect Jets fans to have patience anymore but it can make for some horrendous takes at times.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets are going to ask him to pass the ball 50 times every game they are down the Mike White experience is not going to be a happy one. What worked against the Bears was an even division of passes and runs and the same approach probably would have beat the Vikings. That approach has a really good shot against the Bills whereas Air LaFleur is likely to get shot down in flames.

Cman68, KY Jets Fan and K'OB like this.