Mike White gets the nod Bills game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Dec 5, 2022.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The Jets are sticking with the same plan at quarterback for this Sunday’s game against the Bills.

Head coach Robert Saleh said at his Monday press conference that it will be status quo for the group. That means Mike White will start for the third straight week with Joe Flacco backing him up and Zach Wilson on the inactive list.

Saleh said that the team will continue to evaluate things a week at a time and that they still want to get Wilson back on the field this season. The second overall pick of the 2021 draft missed the first three games of the year with a knee injury and got benched after a Week 11 loss to the Patriots.

White led the Jets to a win over the Bears in Week 12 and he went 31-of-57 for 369 yards and two interceptions in Sunday’s 27-22 loss to the Vikings. White also ran for a touchdown in Minnesota.

2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

This is good news the team seems to play much better when Mike is at the helm. I like Zach Wilson but to be realistic Mike White right now is the better quarterback. Mike didn't have a stellar game against the Vikings when you look at how little they got into the end zone but the team moves the ball well behind Mike white. I say right now the quarterback job is Mike White's to lose. If he keeps playing well then the front office has to figure out who is the quarterback under Center in week one next year. First off they have to resign Mike White then maybe make it a competition between Zack and Mike. May the best man win. One thing I do not want to see is indecisiveness when it comes to the quarterback position at the beginning of next year. Make sure we know who our quarterback is by game one. I personally feel that the players like playing for Mike more than zack. Time will tell. Go Jets!

#2 BudJet, Dec 5, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    Jojo and Jets79 like this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Geez man--this would be news if he wasn't starting--are Mosely and Sauce still starting?

4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Mosley and sauce aren't week to week Mike White is.

#4 BudJet, Dec 5, 2022
    Acad23 likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I don't like him saying they still want Wilson back on the field this season, it is hardly a ringing endorsement for White, he will still feel that he is only keeping the shirt warm until they deem Wilson fixed no matter what he does on the field, this season should be White's and then if they must let Wilson battle him out in training camp next season.

I'm not bothered who we have at QB as long as they produce.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Water is wet.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What's wrong with ZW can't be fixed in a few weeks. The CS has to know that. No idea why Saleh is taking the approach he is. I'd be saying "Mike White is starting next week" and leaving it at that. When reporters asked about ZW I'd be saying "Mike White is starting next week" and leaving it at that.

All the beat people know that it would be a mistake to bring ZW back this season. When they ask a stupid question I'd just give them a smile and the same line over and over again until it wasn't true any more. Then I'd figure out what the next line was.

8. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think the reason he keeps saying that they want to get Zach Wilson back on the field is to keep both quarterbacks on their toes. I think if he says to Wilson that he's done for the year and we'll see how he does next year it may cause Wilson to turn it down a notch. But with hope that he still plays this season it will make Zack work harder.Saleh is in a tough position. While he does not want to commit to a quarterback he still wants to see what he's got in both of them while still trying to keep the locker room happy, & make it to the playoffs. It's a tough balance, but so far he's been doing a good job considering the circumstances.

#8 BudJet, Dec 5, 2022
    Jojo, azhar80, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

10. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Regardless of the outcome on Sunday vs. the Bills, I just cannot see them starting ZW again this season, especially with 2 home games coming up. He'll get eaten alive by the fans at the very first bad incompletion.

That 4th down throw by MW was good enough for me to secure the job the rest of the way.

BudJet likes this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

What about the throw before it that was tragic? It shouldn't even have come to that 4th down play.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You have to remember to wave the carrot in front of a 23 year kid who has just been knocked off his pedestal. Saleh is trying to keep Zach engaged with the team although all the signs point to a new reality. Saleh also has to appease certain powers that be as well. You don't throw away a #2 overall pick no matter how much he sucks. Makes the Boss looks like he f'd up and that never ends well.

azhar80 and K'OB like this.
  13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The Jets have a lot of money invested in Wilson, so I don't think we've seen the last of him. At some point this year or early next, he'll get an opportunity in a game and hopefully cashes in.

BTW Baker Mayfield is available.

14. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Unless White gets injured Wilson is done in New York, the crazy part is his braindead moment did him in not his atrocious play.

Jets69 likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

From here on out the only thing that should matter to us is winning games. Let’s hope White and the offense have a much better outing against Buffalo. If we don’t stack up a few wins and don’t make the playoffs I’ll be pissed. I really don’t give a fuck if White plays better in a loss than Zach did. I want wins. This team is just too good not to make it. I expect them to play much better offensively than against Minnie.
    It’s all about winning games not stats. That’s why Zach was benched. Not good enough to lead the team to victory. Fuck all the noise. I’m rooting like hell for a victory with White at the helm.

cval, barfolomew and bicketybam like this.
  16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Watching Mike White throw screens be like...

[​IMG]

Jets81, rockyusmc2003, Wut? and 2 others like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You would think that a prerequisite for a first round QB would be to competently throw a screen pass, but we have sort of fallen down in that area. For 2 decades.

Brook!, Cman68, Jets69 and 4 others like this.
  18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I honestly was loving how he zips the screen passes and finds the check down guy when needed. Really does say how bad the quarterback position has been here

19. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

It says a lot about the Jets QB situation the last dozen or so years when an average QB looks good.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

You may have stopped fully after "Zach Wilson can't be fixed".

Br4d and Jets69 like this.