Jets Could Have Major Offseason QB Dilemma

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jeremy Kurley

Acad23, abyzmul and Cman68 like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That's the bugger, cheers

3. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Trade Zack Wilson to 49ers now

4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

There is very little dilemma IMO.

I think if it comes to it, Douglas won't hesitate to dump Zach this offseason. He's certainly done more than enough to survive a missed QB pick (especially since they're doing well with a backup).

I also don't see the Jets drafting a QB in the first any time soon. I think you'll see them take a shot in the middle rounds. Maybe they'll take a shot at a Derek Carr-esque QB.

#64 jcass10, Dec 5, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    Jeff M and barfolomew like this.
  5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I'm asking this question in all seriousness - What could the Jets reasonably get right now for a trade for Zach Wilson?

Cman68 likes this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Wilson had a big drop as well. Bounced off his hands. It would have been a great play had he caught it. Kinda ball elite players come down with. He’ll get there.

Davis tipped the ball on the first pick. Some will say it was a bad pass because the ball was thrown behind him. I agree it was behind him but that’s where it needed to be for him to make a play. There were a few passes like that from White that guys just weren’t able to haul in.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Davis was out for the rest of the season it is a certainty that we don't make the playoffs.

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

You are thinking of Kerley. He wasn't a crap WR, he was probably the best receiver on the team for a year or so in truth. Very useful in the slot and got a fair value contract extension. Not unlike Berrios really. Then Gailey came in and only wanted tall receivers and basically froze him out of the passing game. The team switched him to PR because they'd paid him. He was a crap returner.

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

White deserves the rest of the season. Depending on how that pans out is what will determine what the Jets do in the off-season.

I don't think Wilson will be traded. I also don't think he will ever be handed the starting job again. If he ever gets another shot it will because he's beat out someone else.

The most important thing I'm looking for out of White is wins. He doesn't need to have incredible numbers. He just needs to lead the offense to touchdowns and the team to victories. Buffalo is a tall order but they are beatable. We did it once already. That said, I can give him a pass if we lose as long as he looks competent doing so. After that I expect all wins. The schedule is easy after Buffalo with maybe the exception of Miami in the final game.

White has a chance to earn the starting job for the future. We got the rest of the season to see if that happens.

P.S. no way I want to see Wilson on the field again this year unless it's in mop up duty.

10. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

if mike whites price goes up, that is not a dilemma. its a solution.

Sec124DieHard and Jeff M like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this^
    zach isn't going anywhere yet. white deserves a legit shot to be the guy next year and should finish out the season as the starter. I do think we should move on from flacco and streveler and get a legit vet backup. like a tyrod taylor, nick foles or jacoby brissett. someone who's at least functional at this point. could even swing a late pick on a QB too maybe. have a real competition. if zach can't win it he's likely gone.

bicketybam likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not always. i'm sure the 250mil denver is spending on russ isn't helping. you can't give a guy a big contract and have him not live up to it. especially at QB. it's a killer.

heartpumpsgreen and bicketybam like this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fair

bicketybam likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Fucking hell, that was a quick month, I've missed Christmas and everything :D:D:D

bicketybam likes this.
  15. bicketybam

Most of my takes are but somehow I got labeled a Wilson nutswinger. I even went on records multiple times that I would be happy with either Fields or Wilson at #2.

Wilson was so bad in that second Pats game that there was no good excuse to not sit him for the rest of the year. That was Sanchez level awful....Darnold ghosts seeing awful. And the presser afterwards was abysmal.

That said, he has led us to a 4th quarter comeback against Pitt. And he played well against Miami and Buffalo. The talent is there but he is a major work in progress....one that may never pan out for the Jets.

The future starting QB spot was there for the taking yesterday and White didn't do it. I'm not placing all the blame in him but even Darnold had some 4th quarter comebacks. I want to see one from White. So far he's beat a 3 win Bears team with their backup. Buffalo is a huge test. I hope he passes with flying colors.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. bicketybam

Butter Fingers Berrios

17. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this is a poor post. White lead the Jets back all the way in terms of what was within his control. It was not his fault Wilsons toe hit the sideline or that Barrios cant hold onto the key pass that hit him in the chest. Not to mention Fant's holding on the 6 yard line. White's throw to Barrios was supurb into a tiny window.

Since1969, James Hasty and jets_fan like this.
  18. bicketybam

Yes, he led them back to a loss.

No excuses for Wilson and no excuses for White. Red zone offense was atrocious and he left a lot of plays on the field.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

No excuses for Wilson?

Go back and check your old posts from when Wilson was starting.

You had them every week.