The Mike White Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's out for the season...

Cidusii likes this.
  2. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

That’s going to make his rate to way down. I feel bad for the guy.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

There was a Jet with both my last name and my lucky number 23. He didn't last very long... but not because he wasn't a pretty good player.

It's the only jersey I own. I never wear it cause I'd look like a douchebag... so in the closet it stays.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course you did. I guess you missed where I said I got it at Modell's. Cheap.

5. Ralebird

Oh man, we're trying to get away from the personal stuff and you keep feeding us straight lines...

6. Ralebird

Never get sushi or surgery at a gas station, especially in Mexico.

7. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Haha just saw! Surprise surprise.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Mind your own Johnson...

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I got a #2 Zach jersey too boss. Don't worry. Book is not closed on Zach. Maybe he will figure things out? :)

Cman68 likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Anybody know where I can get a Shonn Greene jersey cheap?

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You want a cookie?

Ralebird likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'll be in the Nursing home by the time that happens.. :)

Brook! likes this.
  13. Cman68

funny, but I still have mine!! In damn good shape too..

Ralebird likes this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He started slow, which put them in a bit of a hole.... but that 4th qtr he was clutch. Yes, they lost, but wrong route by Wilson, drop by Berrios...(both wouldve been game winners). Moore needs to get his second foot down, it's not NCAA anymore.

Going for it on 4th at the end of the 1st half was probably worse than any of White's mistakes as well....

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I thought he played really well overall. He does such a good job of going through his reads, standing in the pocket, and finding the right guy. Against arguably the best edge rushing duo in football with mediocre-at-best OT play, he only took 1 sack and didn't even seem to throw the ball away a ton while not making many, if any, ill-advised throws. Nice balance of intermediate and downfield attacking and taking the check downs. I love the way he plays. And damn did he make some good tight window throws all day. I was impressed with his ability to find guys down the field.

Can't anoint him as a franchise QB today, but he plays the position very well IMO and he's clearly an NFL QB. I'm looking forward to the games ahead

stinkyB and Borat like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I thought this was a good game by Mike. The picks, I can't really blame him. He had two throws which bounced of I think Davis and Conklin's shoulders, where the ball popped up and could have been picked off twice, but got lucky on one. Could these throws be a bit better? Maybe, but honestly, it would have been extremely hard and Mike definitely gave a good chance to the receivers. Last throw of the game, if Brown didn't get beat like a drum right away, Mike may be throwing it to GW for a TD at the end of the end zone. But there was no time to move to GW, he already threw as he was getting hit, and he had to get rid of the ball. There were quite a few drops in this game too. There was a big PI for GW, which doesn't show up on the stat, but was huge. There should have been another PI, when GW was bumped coming off the break on a 4 yard line, but refs screwed that one up.

Overall, watching this guy, I was thinking of Kurt Warner's review's of previous games. He pointed out that MiLF had some design issues, and it wasn't all on Zach. In this game I felt it was the case as well. But Mike still I feel built on a good Bears game and is stocking solid performances together. Big test coming up in Buffalo, and I feel Mike gives us a good chance to win.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is the PI I was talking about in the post above, which would have given us 1st ang goal instead of 3 points. Clear as day, great throw too. But counts as inc.

azhar80, fggrimes and NY Jets68 like this.
  19. Cman68

Terrible that Mike White can't execute the red zone plan. Still, better than 77yds passing and 3pts..

azhar80 likes this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Let's look at how he executed in the red zone.
    - 3d and 7 from 18. Perfect pass to GW, who clearly gets held. This was an obvious PI and refs blew it, as simple as that. Great throw by Mike.
    - 1st and 10 from 17. Complete 6 yards to GW.
    - 3d and 1 from 8. Runs for 1 for 1st down.
    - 1st and goal from 7. Berrios catches, runs outside instead of inside for 4 yards, but penalty on Fant.
    - 1st and goal from 17. This was intended for Davis to beat on on one. He gets bumped and give up on the route. Mike throw is right where Davis should have been.
    - 2d and goal from 17. Pass rush comes quickly. Mike releases the ball as gets hit. Ball is there for Conklin at the two. Defender behind him, but Conk has the angle. Drops it with defender on him. I think he could have caught it.
    -3d and goal from 17. Screen pass called, complete too Moore, who goes for 4 yard YAC.
    -1st and 10 from 11. Screen pass called, complete to Knight for 2 yards.
    - 3d and 7 from 11. Pass batted down.
    - 2nd and goal from 5. Throws a dart to Moore, very tight window, defender is there, defender makes a great play. Not sure of Moore could have caught that one, hard to tell.
    - 3d and goal from 5. Runs for 4.
    - 3d and goal from 1. Runs for TD.
    - 1st and 10 from 16. Screen pass to Knight for 7 YAC.
    - 2nd and 3 from 9. Complete for 5 to Davis, 1st down.
    - 3d and Goal from 1. Throws to end zone for GW, who slips up. Ball seems to be in the right place.
    - 4th and 1, Side arms to Berros - this was a drop, should have been a TD.
    - 1st and 10 from 19. 29 secs, no TOs. White is looking for a big play. Nothing is there, throws it away.
    - 2nd and 10 from 19. 23 secs, no TOs. Goes to GW in the end zone, who is covered by two guys, who make a play.
    - 3d and 10, pressured, runs right, throws to Moore on the outside, missed.
    - 4th and 10, about to get hit, throws a prayer to Davis. INT.

Just looking at this, outside of the last drive, where he missed 3 throws trying to make a big play left with no TOs left, White really did as well as he could have. Red zone struggles are mostly not on him.

azhar80, Cman68 and NY Jets68 like this.