The loss hurts, but feels good to know we have a QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 4, 2022.

1. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

This.

Great game. I have no fingernails left.

Help the fans that freak out. Pull their heads out of the ceiling.

We got us a team! We got us a quarterback. This shit will continue to improve.

GO JETS!

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought Max White had a decent game, but he's got the same limitations he had last season. Not the long term answer IMO.

3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I was impressed by Mike White.

He would have had an even better game If the recievers caught the ball in the first half and had Berriors held onto that TD.

I really was hoping we would win 1 of 2 of these games so hopefully we can beat the Bills. If not our backs might be against the wall the rest of the way but still a great chance to make the playoffs imo.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yup - and it wasn't like the defender turned his back to Fant, he had his back to Fant to begin with. He might as well have had a "DON'T BLOCK ME!" sign hanging off his back. Inexcusably stupid.

#24 joe, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Long term answer...Oh yeah, there is that. Only since Joe Namath have been waiting for a long term answer. I'll settle for Mick White

6. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

It was a bullshit game on a lot of different parts but Mike white was trying he was a bright spot today. Lets hope it lasts

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Bills game seems daunting, we basically have to be on our A game. Vikings game felt winnable, have to hope we can power through and sack Allen

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

It is very promising looking ahead to think about, getting AVT and Breece Hall back next year, what this team can become.
    The trajectory of this team is in the right direction and has a pretty high ceiling.

Now let’s not get to cute and pay White a fair amount to keep him on the roster, especially if the rest of the season plays out like I think it will.

9. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Tough loss. End was rough. DIdn't love the Fant block, nor the run sheme play-calling from inside the 5, nor the Berrios drop/ White slightly off-target throw, nor GW's lazy route on the last drive when he should have had a catch at the 6 rather than an incompletion at the 4. But, we played a really solid team on their home turf to the last tick of the clock and stayed cool and never gave up. There's a lot of fight in these Jets and its the first time I've really enjoyed watching them in a long, long time. Feast on the disappointment and come back stronger and sharper next week, boys!

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think this is a fair evaluation Matt White is definitely limited.

KY Jets Fan and abyzmul like this.
  11. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I've seen very little from him to convince me that he couldn't be the long term answer. I think we should ride with him until he either fizzles out or we find a clearly better answer at QB. The former could happen this year, but if it doesn't the latter isn't going to happen until next year at the earliest.

teamgreen likes this.
  12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Playing the Bills at their house is always daunting. I don't think Josh Allen is 100%. Ever since that Bryce Huff hit he hasn't looked the same. It will be a tough game for sure. If the Jets play their A game they can steal one.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood what I said. I said it looked like the bad game of a good QB, vs a good game from a bad QB. He struggled at times, no denying it.. I’m a fan, don’t get me wrong. But he definely had things to clean up for himself even with how well he played. I believe he can do that.

14. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Mike White played a solid game.

If Garrett Wilson (doesn’t step out) scores, we win.

If Mike White completes that bomb (off by 1 foot) to Wilson, he goes for td and we win.

On the slant that he hit Corey Davis, if Davis breaks that diving tackle, he scores and we win.

If Berrios catches that pass in the endzone, we win.

If any one of these things happen, the Jets win and everyone is saying how Mike White had an amazing game + is 100% our future Qb…

15. Linebacker712

Unfortunately, it sounds like the NFL and New York media are already giving up on White, and thinking that the carriage is a pumpkin again. Cimini is saying that he's earned "maybe one more start." The media is just SOOOOO desperate for Zach Wilson for some reason...

16. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

White was above average. He is ( currently) a liability in the red zone

17. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

What the hell, Mike White today was better than any game Zack Wilson had in 20+ starts that laughable. Just because the Jets lost doesn't Mean he was bad. He played lights out today!! Oh ya newsflash Zack never had 3 tds in any of his starts. Even if Mike White sucks he is still way better than Zack.

Jets79, Linebacker712 and Ralebird like this.
  18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Well, at least we know the system works. The 49ers are up on the Dolphins with this year's Mr. Irrelevant, Brock Purdy, having led them to 17 points on 16/24 passing for 165 yards, 2 TDs and a pick. And they're driving for more.

So, in two quarters and some change of work, Purdy has half the number of TDs in this game that Wilson does on the season.

19. Linebacker712

The guy has, two weeks in a row, showed the most poise and competence that I've seen a Jet QB play since Pennington. Unless Mike completely crashes back to earth over the next four games and looks no different than Zach, Saleh would be a fool to put Zach back in, despite the media constantly wanting to push this idea that "Mike White was a nice little side story, but the Jets need to put their big boy pants on and put the #2 overall pick back in like they're supposed to..."

Fuck that; keep in the guy who is looking like an NFL QB.

20. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

The NFL has made the QB less important this year, Jets can still do damage. I would have Streveler active going forward. Jets need a spark in the red zone