The loss hurts, but feels good to know we have a QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Bad play calling by MLF in the red zone, dropped passes by guys like Conklin on 1st INT, Berrios on a beauty of a gem throw by White let us down.

It hurts, but our team showed up in the 2nd half and I really couldn't be more prouder of White and the kids playing their asses off

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No doubt about it.

Have to give credit to the Vikings. They didn’t make any mistakes with the ball and did enough to win.

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I agree but still feel QB is a weakness

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  4. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Anyone who still advocating for Zack is a troll. Mike White is all heart, and the leader we need. He may be our Tom Brady. If we somehow manage to get into the playoffs everyone is going to be scared of us!!!

Jets69, NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and 8 others like this.
  5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

You could see how much the defense rallied end of the game after White's work. He was leading a comeback and the defense was on board to make it happen.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

6. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Mike White has a lot to fix. A lot. But that was much more reminiscent of a good QB having a subpar game. Even though he wasn’t great he still made plays and fought to the end.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Agreed that defense of theirs stepped up while Jets were steam rolling them. Vikes are going to be tough for anyone but we all know Kirk Cousins will need to do more or they will fall apart in playoffs

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He def missed Wilson by a step on the home run ball but man did he sling it on 4th down and those tight window passes get me so amped. That is elite football, he is playing career game number 5 or 6 and almost came back against one of the best teams in the league. I will give White a lot more room on those, man was carrying us on his back

9. george sakell

Mike white had a great game what were you watching? Only 1 mistake really overthrowing Wilson for a easy td. He was rushed all game, our offensive line sucks, any other Qb would have taken 5 more sacks, he gets the ball out so quick. If we fix our Oline he will be deadly.

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Should have had that one. Even with the slow start. Play calling was bad. Hope they take it out on Buffalo

Vida, Fiftynine and Nyjets4eva like this.
  11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

MW had a solid game especially considering his experience and all. Happy to have him.

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I can't say we have the QB, but we have one who can do the basics which is all that's needed to win on most days. Let's see how he does in Buffalo.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

White didn't do enough in this one to convince me he's the answer. Most QBs put up a lot of passing yards on the Vikings, the trick against them is being able to score and not turn the ball over. He's definitely earned more starts, but the Bills will be a tougher task for him.

14. george sakell

Ya lets get Zack Wilson back in there, bet he woulda had 400+ yards against Minn and won us the game!!! Josh Allen also got beat by Minnesota and had less Yards than Mike White and had 2 int's. The 2 int's weren't really Whites fault. Also the line played like shit today.

Vida, NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  15. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Parachuting in here. DVR'ed the game, so, watched it in 30 second chunks. Ended up seeing the end maybe 5 minutes after the game actually ended.

A couple things that stood out - the officiating that first half was putrid and one-sided. If they are going to call the DPI and holding, it has to go both ways - then the personal foul on Whitehead? Insane. White looked just fine to me. Can't kill him on either interception . The first was a pass and tip that should have been caught. The last interception? 4th Down, seconds left and a distance from the end zone? You take your shot, and so be it. Mike White moved this team and was making big plays throughout. Bam Knight was also impressive.

This team fought like hell to the end. No shame in this loss.

Bottom line is, more even-handed officiating in the 1st Half or Braxton Berrios holds on to the ball in the end zone, this would have been a win.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I literally wrote "He's definitely earned more starts." Learn to read before you post.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

...and If only the OL didn't have their shit repeatedly shoved back in their face come crunch time with the game on the line. One friggin yard?

White battled but MLF having him throw 57 passes is not a good game plan. This is not the Don Coryall Chargers nor the Mike Martz Rams.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Also Fant with that brutal block in the back that nuked our red zone attempt

joe and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  19. george sakell

How can anyone say anything against Mike White right now, after him showing out last 2 games and avging 340+ yards per game. Not his fault the oline and Mlf sucked today.

#19 george sakell, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    SOJAZ and papapump like this.
  20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Mark White? (I kid)

KY Jets Fan likes this.