I am a Zach supporter, but I am also a realist...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Nov 28, 2022.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I didn't believe the Annual Fast Riser In The Weeks Leading Up To The Draft BS that happened in 2021.

We've seen it TOO MANY time: Vernon Ghoulston....DeWayne Robertson.....all the way back to Lam Jones.

Our draft people totally screwed up. Once Lawrence was no longer a possibility, the only thing to do was keep Sam...draft Ja'Marr Chase....or trade the #2 to Shanny for 5 top picks.

We screwed up bigtime.

stinkyB, papapump and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It is still surprising to me how calm and unemotional Zach was during his press session after that terrible 2nd Pats game. No accountability, anger or disappointment after he just put up the worst performance ever by a jets QB. I think Zach will likely be on the bench the rest of 2022, no matter how White does. Zach will be on the jets in some capacity in 2023. But. it would not surprise me a bit if he played a lot of the snaps in preseason games just to give him the work. The concept of not playing him in the preseason, so that he doesn't get hurt, will not be a factor next year. Unless he make a drastic change, I do not see Zach on the jets in 2024, and probably out of the league in 2025-26. Too short, can't read a defense, sails the short passes, no touch, and most critical of all, not a leader. He really pissed off a lot of the jets with his comments/attitude, and that feeling among his teammates will likely not go away anytime soon

3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Zach had every opportunity to keep his job. That second loss to a very beatable Pats team was the final straw. If Zach had done the bare minimum to win that game, he still would be starting. Zach has to stay ready in case he gets another opportunity due to injury.

jetophile likes this.
  4. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

This was the only move to make. Darnold was on a rookie contract. We’d probably already have Garropolo now - and even more young pieces the way JD has drafted. We’d probably have a legit elite D.

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

twown likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

JetsKickAss likes this.
  7. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

The owners are trash and will always be so. This was a decision that was going to be made from the get go - it was maddening to watch all the leaks in the press about Zach being the pick, months before the draft. Maddening because there was literally no reason to get out ahead of anything when you're in 2nd position of the draft; you're basically on the clock. So the leaks were a test for the dumb dumb fans because they knew it wasn't in the best interest of the football team to draft this kid.
    Yet all I heard were people singing the praises about Zach months before the draft. I won't get into names, but you know, all the super smart talent amateur evaluators who 100% knew that Josh Allen was not a good QB, even though his college tape showed basically the same dude that is playing now. He wasn't accurate in college, right?! No, he was, and his play was very similar, and a hitch in your throwing motion isn't the same as being inaccurate, nor is it a big deal. Plenty of QBs come out with some thing that needs to be improved and good QBs never stop growing.
    When I evaluate a college QB, I look at their throws over the middle into tight coverage. I look at smoothness in the pocket and throwing motion. I also looking at timing routes. What do you look for in a good college QB, when evaluating them? Off-schedule throws?! Long bomb 50/50 balls? Miraculous catches? At this point, most teams understand that you either have a system, and there-for draft a system QB, or if the team runs a more open system they will draft a high talent that has elite traits like arm strength or athleticism. But they know physical tools never are where you start when evaluating. You start with the system that was run, the plays, what the player was actually asked to do as a QB, the opponents played, the conference played, and of course, the tape! Teams can mask weaknesses with their style of play, so you don't start with tape, and you don't start with measurements. You don't really care about the visit or the pro-day, you care that the kids is a winner or you don't take them 2 overall.
    Joe Douglas isn't a moron. It seems like our top pick was given away for cash considerations by the Johnsons so that JetBlue dude could get his nephew paid. When trust fund morons run a franchise, they will make soulless, non-football decisions that directly impact the success of the team, because they have no real values, do not understand football culture or how to build one, and will always make decisions based on their own greed.
    BTW this also explains with Salah's tone-deaf, "We will get him back on the field this season" crap. This was announced randomly and without provocation by the coach. Why? Because the owners wanted him to say it that's why. Publically protecting their relationship with JetBlue.

BrooklynJetsFan and JetsKickAss like this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Lets quote the article accurately:

“Nothing he has done has been a surprise to me, which is why I put a third-round grade on him 53 days before the draft and labeled him as a "Surefire bust."

——

Maybe he’s out of a job with the Jets because he thinks it’s cool to use a third-round pick on a “Surefire bust”.

The blame ultimately lies with Douglas but that’s a really weird flex by this scout.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just finished the article.. Its as if the pro day throw was all JD needed to see and ignored all the red lights along the way. JD is human and that was his first QB draft so lets give him a mulligan on Wilson. The important thing is when to admit the mistake. The JetBlue connection to the jets isn't that big an indictment but it really isn't a good look. Then again, MLF's relationship to Saleh isn't that good a look either.

All in all, just an indictment of a expensive mistake the Jets will have to live with until Zach's rookie deal is up. Without a 180 degree turnaround, Zach won't be extended. I guess his uncle can always lobby Woody...

10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

meanwhile Carr had emotional post game conference two weeks ago and since then Raiders are 2-0. Just saying…

11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Who knows the degree to which Woody influenced this pick--if he even hints ZW is his preference a new GM is going to lean that way.

All of that is water under the bridge now--let's not compound the miscalculation by putting any more chips on this little bitch--every unit of resources put towards him now are resources that could be better used on Mike White or developing another back-up QB or some other aspect of the team.

Since1969 and jetophile like this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The offense just looked energized with White at the helm, The line was aggressive and kept White upright. The RBs ran hard and kept the offense from being one dimensional.

BudJet and tomdeb like this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Little early but as of right now it has to be Sanchez. But he had the most post season success out of all of them. Zach probably had the best talent around him with Wilson, Moore, Conklin, Uzomah, Carter, Johnson, and before he got injured, Hall.

14. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Blair Thomas was yet another one.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He is out of a job period. I guess you can shit all over Simms on one hand because of his view but quote this buffoon as gospel on the other because It supports public sentiment right now. Neither means crap to me. The guy is a nobody. Right now all I care to read is the Jets continuing road to the playoffs.
    We fans have seen enough of Zach so far to know what his issues are. Don’t need this idiot to tell about his rating come draft day, no more than his rating for Tebow on draft day.
    As for Zach future, there are a lot of opinions out there on both camps, including many really knowledge professionals and QBs with HOF credentials.
    People that are already writing the final chapter on our QB saga moving forward are whistling Dixie right now. Many believe White is the answer, but a shit load could change between now and the end of 2022 and even more so in 2023. For all we know we dont not even have the QB that will be the starter in 2023.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. jetophile

I have no clue who's out there for the 2023 draft for QB but the Jets need to grab a body. Any body. Heh.

If White turns into a pumpkin or a jackass or gets hurt, it's The Joe Thorazine Show. Wilson will never see another game here, but let's just say he does. He'll choke on purpose for petty revenge.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is that a joke or just a dumb take?

19. jetophile

Probably.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

After seeing the offense move last 2 games(besides the redzone today) and seeing Mike White making easy throws look easy, you can safely say Zack is the worst Qb in the league, and its time to part ways.

BrooklynJetsFan and jets_fan like this.