So, how good are we really?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

totally understandable.

and tho i am posting a fkton of MW pos posts... it does not mean i am CONVINCED he's the guy.

its b/c you go with who produces until there is a significant stretch where he does not.

and in the meantime that fairytale starts to coalesce? wtf knows? certainly it aint this old bastard

Snatch Catch likes this.
  2. Losmeister

if it aint broke

Nyjets4eva and Lon Chaney like this.
  3. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I feel like this year Jets and Giants season are like this years Yankees and Mets season.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I've never seen a team in all my life have what feels like decades long issues recovering fumbles.

REVISion, PJ4Ever, Nyjets4eva and 2 others like this.
  6. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

I think your defense is awesome! Your offense looks to be a lot better under White than Wilson. I think you guys should have went with Flacco too.

Noam likes this.
  7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We’re good. This isn’t a mirage. Most of our position groups are above average as a whole and a few groups might be elite. I can’t wait to see what we look like next year with competent QB play and the additions of AVT, Breece (eventually), plus another first round pick on the O line. This is a good time to be a fan of this team.

hornblower and Losmeister like this.
  8. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I think we're a good team and can compete with anyone in the league with Mike White as our QB going forward.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We don't know how good we will be by the end of the season, as there's games to be played.

But RIGHT NOW, with Mike While under center, we're an 8-3 team. Mike wins both NE games but loses the crazy Browns game. That's about it. If Mike started under center day one, we'd be 8-3 right now.

We'd have a top run/pass Defense that can shut any team down, and an average offense. Avg passing, Avg running. If Breece Hall had not gotten hurt, we probably have a top 10 offense to go along with our top 5+ Defense.

next year!

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  10. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The Jets have a somewhat difficult schedule ending the season. I think they need three more victories to get into the playoffs. I can see two of them in Jacksonville and Detroit. Then you have Minnesota, Miami, Buffalo, and Seattle. Your last game against Miami may be an easy win if the Dolphins have clinched and are resting their players.

At this time KC is the best team in the AFC. Winning at KC is not easy and the jets unfortunately do not have the offense to keep up with KC.

The Jets are still looking for a franchise QB. Mike White is a good size QB but lacks mobility. He has a good arm. However, he lacks pocket presence and has trouble making his reads. He does have an upside if he can work on his game. This may take several years to develop and there will be bad days. Not sure if the Jets have the patience for this. Without a franchise QB, it will be difficult to win a Super Bowl.

The Jets also need more explosive players on offense and the offensive line still needs improvement. Overall offense I give them a C+.

On defense, they have improved the most lately. They still could use some more help in their secondary. Overall an A- for the defense.

11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Without Zach at the helm, the playoffs are certainly a possibility. The team has played extremely well on the road so far, so a playoff road victory is also not out of the question. Anything beyond that may require divine intervention.

Losmeister likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

From what we have seen out of Flacco earlier this year, last quarter of the Browns game notwithstanding, I think Jets fans are fairly confident that we have seen all we will out of Flacco. He almost looks like he's retired.

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I know I will be called a homer for this comment.

But we have a truly elite defense.
    We have impact skill players (imagine a world where Elijah finds his groove with Mike White behind center on top of what we've already seen from everyone else).
    We can run effectively.

If we get AVERAGE QB play I think we can contend for the SB this year, given the overall landscape of the NFL, in particular the AFC. There are very few scenarios where our offense needs to play in a negative game script. This is a huge bonus to a guy like Mike White.

The game against the Vikings will tell me A LOT.

Brook!, JetFanInPA and Lon Chaney like this.
  14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I agree. People act as if the Super Bowl is unrealistic, but it isn't. It's not likely, hell, they might even miss the playoffs.

But there is zero reason to believe that IF they make the playoffs, that this team couldn't make a run. The defense alone will keep them in the almost any game. They already showed they can beat the Bills. They hung with Baltimore and Cincy for a while. And I think they cleaned up a shit ton of the miscommunication on the back-end that ruined those games.

KC is obviously the cream of the crop. Almost impossible to beat them at Arrowhead in January. But Cincy did just that last year, and KC is definitely not as good this year.

For the record, I think the Jets will win the AFC East. I think that Miami is way overrated, and Buffalo is beatable. If they beat Buffalo in two weeks, then they only need to be tied with them and one game behind Miami by week 18 with a chance to steal the division.

Brook! likes this.
  15. Losmeister

seems to me people are feeling we are already a playoff team... i dont get it...

16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We're a legitimately good team. We're 9th in the league in point differential on the year, and that's while starting an awful QB for most of the season. We have a difficult remaining schedule, but White's increased production (should it continue) will help counteract that.

There were some games vs. backup QBs earlier in the year that we probably had little business winning, but we also would've taken at least one of the Patriots games with better QB play ourselves. I think our record is roughly what it should be at this point.

Brook!, hornblower, abyzmul and 2 others like this.
  17. Losmeister

who? THATS WHO!!

the QB whose name had escaped me... Rich Gannon. I think that MW is as good as Gannon. A b/u who showed he could compete in the NFL as soon as he was thrust into the starting role w/ Minny.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think they're as good as Mike White is over the next several games. Barring some big change, this is a very strong defense, a very solid group of skill players, and a decent OL (especially with Herbig and Mitchell back on the right side). If Mike White starts playing poorly, they'll the miss the playoffs. If he keeps playing in the same ballpark to how he did against Chicago (poised, decisive, accurate, etc.) in the games ahead, they can go deep into the playoffs.

Lon Chaney and Brook! like this.
  19. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Arriving a year early. Might as well go for it. No great teams in the NFL.

Lon Chaney, Brook! and AtlantaJet like this.
  20. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

What has been impressive is the next man up mentality on this team. Despite injuries to OL, RBs and WRs the team keeps winning. This team is built to win whoever is on the field (except for with Zach against the Patriots!). Could go deep into the playoffs this year and many years to come.

Brook! likes this.