Chris Simms continues to shill for Zach Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

What changed the plans on Wilson was how fast the rest of the team got better. The defense is elite, the offense has weapons even with the Hall injury. I don't think anyone expected the Jets to be this good this soon. If Saleh stayed with Zach, he would risk losing the rest of the team as the playoffs are a real possibility. Zach could cost them a playoff spot if he played the rest of the year and didn't improve. Right now, Mike White is the best option the Jets have to make the playoffs. That is more important than developing Wilson.

Ralebird, dmw, Footballgod214 and 4 others like this.
  2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I disagree. Short of a Superbowl appearance, there is no way that Mike White goes into next season "owning" the QB position. What is stopping Zach Wilson from winning the spot in training camp next year?

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The fact he is shit ;)

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree, but I would not make any predictions on the QB next year. It is a very fluid situation. MW could earn himself a very sizeable contract extension or he could find himself looking for a back-up job elsewhere. Zach could do what he did after season 2 at BYU and reinvent himself or JD could be aggressive and trade him while he still has value. Or the Jets could sign a vet and let Zach sit and learn in 2023. There is a possibility that neither MW or Zach is on the roster next year. But who cares about next year? It is a long ways away. There is a lot to be excited about now. MW has an opportunity to take the Jets to the playoffs and earn a spot in Jets history.

Borat, Jojo, Nyjets4eva and 3 others like this.
  5. HackettSuxTNG

According to Chris Simms, that is irrelevant.

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't think White is the long-term answer. He is 27 and has been a journey man, back up his whole career. If he was way better than Wilson or Flacco then he would have established himself as the starter by now. Remember he played well last year against the Bengals but then struggled against the Colts and Bills. I think the long term answer at QB for the Jets probably isn't on the roster right now. Jets will either have to look at the draft (again) or go the FA/trade route. It looks like Wilson's career here is going down the same path that Darnold's went. We shall see how it eventually plays out.

#26 GREG, Nov 30, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Honestly, our own @legler82 is a better talent evaluator than Sims.

@legler82 come here man. Tell us what you think of White

8. HackettSuxTNG

This. X1000

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A bit like himself then ;)

Jojo and MoWilkBeast like this.
  10. HackettSuxTNG

Apparently there was a similar rant before the one I originally posted, Dripping with sarcasm:

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Is this situation unprecedented in the NFL? I can't think of any similar situation, at least in recent years. Sanchez or Tebow in Denver is as close as I can recall. When your starting QB is just about the worst starter in the league you're generally 3-8 or worse at this point of the season, not 7-4 with a genuine shot at post season. What would normally happen in this situation with a young QB isn't relevant. Nor is what would normally be best for the franchise in terms of long term development. When you suck you can think longer term. When you've got a chance to win, you've got to go for it.

ukjetsfan, Nyjets4eva, Noam and 2 others like this.
  12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It bears repeating--I seriously doubt Wilson will get a 2nd NFL contract--from anybody! I am still surprised Douglas didn't factor in Wilson's level of competition in his only decent year in college. The best team BYU played that year was Coastal Carolina and Zach struggled in that game. He has shown squat in the NFL, and Chris Simms refuses to admit he was wrong. Oh well, Mel Kiper said once Tony Mandarich was the best player he ever reviewed-- look how that turned out. Sometimes, the "experts" are wrong.

Jojo, Nyjets4eva and Jets79 like this.
  13. HackettSuxTNG

Honest Question: What do you think the Jets could get for Zach Wilson in a trade this offseason, excluding extra training equipment?

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Not true. Legler was a big advocate of Hackenberg, Fields and other horrible QBs. While Simms was dead on Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Fields and more. Fields has had twice as many career fumbles and INTs as Wilson has had while playing less. Fields is a much worse passer and his only saving grace is he is an historic runner. Legler specifically said that Fields was not a lamar jackson type of runner but a passing QB. Rather it is the complete opposite. Fields is a horrible passing QB but an amazing runner that takes a huge amount of big hits. Once again Legler was completely wrong.

Legler is arguably the worst poster in the history of the internet. When he was confronted by facts on how poorly Fields did in college under pressure, how raw a passing prospect Fields was and how injury prone Fields was he was unable to argue back. Instead he threw a temper tantrum and he attacked this forum by spamming 50 to 100 memes every day for 3 months to disrupt and derail all discussion. If one wonders why this forum has been so bad the last 18 months being dominated by insane spamming lunatics posting gibberish. Look no further than Legler78. He is the poster child of bad immature childish posting and the one that began this period of spamming this forum with hate against JD, Zach and Saleh to derail and stop the flow of information and discussion that these posters do not like.

#34 Noam, Nov 30, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Mogriffjr and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lol. Ouch dude. You mad or what?

legler82 and Savatage like this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Noam. Easy man. Yes he went overboard with gifs etc but it doesn't make him worst poster on the internet. Let's agree to disagree on legler's QB evaluation talent. :)

Also, not that it matters but before the draft I asked him about Lawrence, Fields and Zach. He said he doesn't like neither. But if he has to take one, he would take Fields first Lawrence second and stay away from Zach. But he said neither 3 are worth with the #2 pick. There's that.

Kind ask... Can you please PM me your response? Let's not turn this thread into legler thread if possible. :)

Noam likes this.
  17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be what ifs. There's too much evidence of bad play from Wilson for the rest of the season to have mattered. He could've averaged 65% completion, 250 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs per game the rest of the way and it still wouldn't have improved his career averages enough for it to matter.

Wilson has the lowest EPA/play at this point in his career than any recent QB other than Josh Rosen. When 75% of your first 2 seasons of play is that bad then it's pretty much meaningless what happens in the remaining 25%.

I do think there's a slim chance Wilson could improve significantly by next season, but it's extremely unlikely and would require a true, honest, come to jesus moment by him.

Jets79 likes this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

TBH our offense is literally built for a QB like White, an accurate QB who makes quick and solid decisions. No need to be a hero, just make find the open guy. I don't think Jimmy G could do any better with us. The real problem is White will get hurt sooner than later and be in and out of the lineup too much. (If that turns out wrong than were golden). White still lacks game experience and will still make some bad decisions/throws, but what he does between bad plays will far out weigh what Zach did.

Fields is actually developing and improving in one of the worst offenses in the league, with a bad OL. That's almost unheard of in the NFL. Crummy offenses/protection usually ruin young QBs. Over his last 5 starts the Bears have averaged 29 PPG, including 33 against the Pats. Compare that with Zach, who was given all the tools to succeed. Or worse, imagine how bad things would be for Zach if the Bears drafted him...

legler82 likes this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't want to hear about no motherfucking ifs

abyzmul and Jets69 like this.
  20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

agree on the White take

as for Fields, I was way out on him for so many reasons coming out of OSU, but I’m not really understanding the love for him now…he’s done extremely well but that’s as a runner. Great. That works for now, but that’s not a great QB…that’s a great athlete playing the QB position and that has not historically yielded great long term results…Vick never won anything, Randall Cunningham never won anything, Cam Newton came close but he was so big and strong that he’s an anomaly and he also never won a championship, Lamar is the latest and has had good success, but by and large it’s tough to play QB this way with all the hits they take. Fields may be able to develop as a real QB while he uses his legs for a while, but we’ll see how that goes.

I’m not really sold …

ouchy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.