This staff is learning/adjusting

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

You guys have me hopeful about the CS, because I'm still not sold on them. I do appreciate the clear improvements in clock management and the overall tenor of positivity on the roster, and the adaptive ability this highlighted in this thread. Thanks for pointing that stuff out!

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

well it’s interesting with the receipts comment…that certainly feels like a turning point

at the time, I was more like “show me don’t tell me” but it sure did work on the team and they proceeded to do exactly that…exorcising some demons along the way (winning at GB, at Pitt, at Den…all tough places to win especially for us)…the only dragon we didn’t slay is that fucking NE bugaboo…and both times I felt we were the better overall team and should have won the game if not for Zach shitting the bed…I’ll take our roster over theory’s every day of the week…

but the coaches are getting better

I agree with the comments around clock mgmt….it also seems like Saleh has his finger on the pulse of the team and is growing more confident in pushing the right buttons (Parcells was maybe the best at that…knowing how and when to motivate his players…some with tough live, others with kid gloves…he was a master at that part of the job)…but Saleh is showing growth in that area

I think the success of this draft class has accelerated the ramp … I think most were thinking playoffs next year but while our remaining schedule is tough and we may miss out, I think playoffs are a realistic goal this year…we just need to win the games we “should” win (Det, Jac) and steal one or two of the others

not easy, but doable

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's like a one-trick pony at one really important thing...

4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

What's worse is knowing that private firms, highly regarded football players/executives recommended these dingbats and stiffs.
    I can't believe millionaires and billionaires would put their names and reps behind these GMs and coaches we had hired.

But JD and Saleh tandem is what the team needed for a long time. I wonder if we got lucky with them or Woody hired a private firm to tell him who to hire.

NYJ1970 likes this.
  5. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Rex?

7. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The drumbeat from the fans and talk show media ensured the Jets would never have the patience for a rebuild. Heck, posters here were calling for Joe Douglas and the CS to be fired during the first weeks of this season. Glad they didn't listen to any of us.

Losmeister, Noam and mrjet80 like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, Saleh and company have finally gotten the attention of New York's fans and media but it wasn't by dopey slogans and collecting receipts, it was by setting the team up to play hard assed football, putting the right people on the field and working hard the way we've been waiting for them to do for decades.

nycarl and mrjet80 like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Rex bulldogged us to the AFCCG two years in a row... so there's that.
    Until this (or another) squad beats that run... it's all happy talk and what-ifs.

I do think this team is more talented from top to bottom... so there's that.

azhar80 and James Hasty like this.
  10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

bell curve

11. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

That's My Coach - Saleh is the glue this keeps the Jets Together

Noam likes this.
  12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Huff is the first player I would look to sign in the off-season.