The Mike White Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 23, 2022.

1. victorhobson

victorhobson Member

Oh man I’m so happy that we got Mike White starting now. I cannot wait For the Great White Hope train to continue on and lead us to Glendale Arizona.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I really don't remember him spinning around at all.

twown, NY Jets68, REVISion and 4 others like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

likely only because the Bears have been behind so much that opponents are running out the clock.

Minnesota is a good team and well balanced. It should be a good game

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Vikings are giving up 8.3 yards per pass attempt and a 69.3 completion pct. They're really not good at defending the pass.

SOJAZ and dawinner127 like this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If Mike White has any chance to be FQB, he needs to light up Vikings. Everyone else has so far, and I think Mike can do it too. It will probably be a high scoring game, not sure we can hold off the power of that offense entire game - no matter how good the defense may be. So Mike needs to deliver again. If he does, then the real test will be Buffalo. We might have a pretty decent idea of where Mike White is at after the Buffalo game.

SOJAZ and Noam like this.
  6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Technically sound.
    The feet, the processing speed, the time from snap to delivery.

SOJAZ, NY Jets68, Mogriffjr and 3 others like this.
  7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Nor did he throw the ball away at a way above league average rate.

Jets79 likes this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

…or rifle the ball into the dirt 5 yards before the receiver

…or airmail the ball 5 yards over the receivers head

…or put the ball behind receivers or in otherwise hard to catch ball placement so as to make YAC difficult

…or fail to see guys running wide open

…or take the dumpoff throw in the flat but decide to launch a 90 mph cannon shot on a five yard pass

…or actually see a guy across the middle beyond the first down line and decide to NOT throw the ball for god knows why and instead throw it to a guy 5 yards behind the line to get

MAN! It’s a long fucking list…

SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Pavia breaks down Mike White's film against the Bears. Unfortunately the audio seems to be broken. At least for me. Hoping they fix it. Here is the link.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/11/29/ny-jets-mike-white-nfl-standards-film/

Edit: Pavia fixed the audio issues. Only 6 plays but definitely worth a look. Really good stuff. I loved plays 4,5, 3 and 2. Heck I love all 6 plays. Wish Pavia did more. I really love play 5. Such a great play on 3rd down stepping up and remaining calm while progressing to his check down.

#309 Noam, Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    azhar80 and Borat like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What did Saleh say about White?... "He makes the easy look easy"?
    I bet Zach drove LaFleur crazy with his erratic play.

Mike White seems just bout perfect for this system... the timing, the accuracy, the field vision, the decision making.... it's all there.
    What he lacks in mobility he more than makes up for in football smarts and the knack for getting the ball out in a timely manner.

There are some tough games ahead... our prospects look a whole bunch better with Mike White driving the bus.

11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It looks so simple but it is such a great efficient play. He made a number of plays like this. The two third down conversions to Uzomah and Ty Johnson were both huge sand beautiful. It does not matter how good or bad the Bears defense was MW played really well. Progressing through reads and getting the ball out quickly. No hesitation. This offense is pretty easy on QBs and has them look at key defenders in conflict quite a bit to make quick reads. Lots of times you can see Zach staring at the conflict defender but hesitate himself out of throwing where he needs to throw. But, watching MW run the offense so efficiently with decisive quick throws is beautiful. That is the type of non flashy QB play this offense needs.

SOJAZ, azhar80, Cidusii and 1 other person like this.
  12. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

We've spent the last year and a half developing the wrong quarterback. It took close to a revolt in the WR room for the coaches to realize what the team already knew.

SOJAZ, HomeoftheJets, azhar80 and 2 others like this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Saleh still doesn't fully get it. He's still talking about how this is a reset for Zach.

It's a sad situation because if he actually puts ZW back on the field over a successful Mike White he's likely to get booed at home and then fired because that's what happens in a media conscious organization when the fans are booing the HC.

jets_fan likes this.
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

If white is gonna be efficient enough, you don’t need a vet like, Jimmy G. He’s basically that type of QB.

Losmeister and Jets79 like this.
  15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yup…I would hope that the ONLY way Zach gets back on the field is if BOTH (a) White is ineffective and starts costing us games, AND (b) Zach absolutely balls out in practice and makes REAL improvement.

azhar80 likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

There's no way he can put Zach back in when the team has rallied around White. I bet this is Saleh being diplomatic about the situation.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Let’s enjoy the ride and see how the rest of the season develops before we jump:to a bunch of what if scenarios. Saleh knows damned good and well that the number one priority is whatever is best for the team. The job is now for White to loose. Let’s hope he keeps on the path of success.

SOJAZ, Jets79 and Noam like this.
  18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Seriously, what an indictment of Zach that quote is.

Also... I'm no kind of Atlanta Braves fan, but speaking of making easy look easy: Andruw Jones catching routine flies to center back in the 90's was crazy ASMR.

Seriously, every time a guy hit a ball out to Jones in CF, by the time the camera switched, he'd be standing sleepily directly under the ball waiting for it to come down. Every time! It's like he just instantly hyper-spaced himself to the spot, and he never had to adjust his feet an inch. It's a bit of a dagger knowing no one will ever make a compilation for me. lol.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Saleh's doing the right thing, as long as he doesn't actually mean what he says. If White goes out there and throws 4 INTs again, Saleh will be glad he was nice to Zach. And as long as White keeps playing well, Saleh can just keep starting White until the season's over.

Jets79 and LAJet like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Harrison Bader does the same thing. Watch what happens when there's a runner on third, and he gets a fly ball. He's always in perfect position to throw home.

twown likes this.