I am a Zach supporter, but I am also a realist...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Nov 28, 2022.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I think Sam has learned a lot from his time out of the starting lineup, Geno certainly has, and Zach should, too.

2. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

most QB's get to sit a year or two to learn pro ball like TB and AR just saying.. Zac is still a kid

3. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I hated being right on Zach—

But that damn Rams and Browns game will live on in infamy for this franchise unless White ends up being a surprise, which I think he might very well be!

Borat, stinkyB and JackBower like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I saw somewhere that White got rid of the ball half a second faster than Wilson has been. Something like 2.75 vs 3.25. If Wilson could see the field quicker he might be able to take some of that excess time to set himself better. Sitting and watching can help with his reads - if he actually applies himself.

#24 Ralebird, Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    Imagesrdecieving and papapump like this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Sanchez will never be in the Hall of Fame but he was a good QB when he had a team around him.

Sam Darnold had a rough start but also had no weapons so the jury is still out.

Geno and Zach have been trash for this team.

azhar80 likes this.
  6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I agree he should not have been drafted and I didn't like the move at the time.

But I disagree that he can't turn the page and "get it" at some point. While it may be completely true that he was an absolute piss poor use of the #2 overall pick that doesn't mean he doesn't have talent and isn't a good football player. If he eats a few portions of humble pie and gets his completely effed up mechanics back in synch so he can make the "easy" NFL throws reliably and consistently that alone would get him up to mediocre starter-caliber level. And then if he gets a little better at reading defenses, pocket awareness, executing the called plays, and all the other mind related stuff that he's really not done that well at so far who knows how good he could theoretically be?

He's got the stuff you can't learn or teach.

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that we would have won the two Patriot Games if Mike White was quarterback

8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Sam is 25...remember he was very young when he was drafted. And like others stated he had shit coaches and talent around him...

9. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Wilson and it's not close.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I do. We have no idea how he would have played. The Patriots feed on your mistakes. Maybe White could have played mistake free, but it is unlikely. Zach played a strong first half in the first game until his horrendous interception. Game 2 was 3-3 until the last seconds. Would Mike White throw the right passes to win? Would he throw an interception or lose a fumble to lose? Hard to know. Definitely possible the Jets win one or both of the games, but I have doubts it would be so simple.

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I just hope that MW gets a real chance, not getting pulled for Flacco if he has one bad game sometime

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The Braden Mann punt return tackle was likely the difference between picking 1st and 2nd. If Mann does not make that tackle no way do we beat the Browns.

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Geno was also in a bad situation, and at least amid all the interceptions he had some great games you could point to and say "If he ever gets it together, he can be a franchise QB." Zach has shown nothing to indicate he has potential or a high ceiling or anything like that because even his good games are game manager-like.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Jags had the "tiebreaker" over us; even if we finished 1-15, they would have still picked first.

15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I've wondered about that too. I think Saleh was hesitant to put Mike White in the Patriots game fearing if he didn't help the Jets win it would sap his confidence on his next start. We'll never know what might have been but, it was huge for White to have a full game to show why he belongs under center for the New York Jets.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

As I said in the post you quoted if we lost to the Rams, Mann does not make that game savings tackle, it would have been very unlikely we would have won the following week against the Browns and we would have finished 0-16.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yeah I agree…I’m STILL waiting for that breakout game

ironically, a game like White had…300 yards, high completion rate, multiple TDs, no picks…he still hasn’t done that…he’s had some good games…Buffalo was good, but not a fully dominant game

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Geno Smith is turming it around a bit now somewhere else (what else is new), but who's the worst in this group? Hmmm. Well, Smith got punched in the face, was a bad leader, and a turd. The Chimp, not that smart and a bit immature. Sam Darnold, smart, respectful, mature, disappointing on the field. Zach Wilson, seemed like an OK kid but was a turd in disguise, his temple underwear are in a bunch, and he sucks. I gave myself a headache and I forgot what the question was.

mezzavo and James Hasty like this.
  19. jetophile

Coach Saleh didn't sit Wilson's ass in the Cheats game because was he was hanging on a thread of hope that he'd come alive based on his other comeback wins this year. It was a misguided assessment and an awful decision. That, and protecting Wilson's young ego (ugh), something he has not earned. I'm curious to know what Saleh would have done if Wilson had deprecated himself and took the rightful blame.

I'm tempering my decision that Mike White is the guy because Jets, but it had to be done. On the flipside Zach Wilson is definitely not the guy so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride for now . . . maybe, because Jets.

Hopefully when Joe Douglas waves his magic wand he'll get a shit ton of picks for Z Wilson. Ha, stranger things have been known to happen. Wilson and The Pres should go out for drinks together.

Jets79 likes this.
  20. jetophile

Flacco, slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch . . . !