We where out coached......PERIOD

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2007.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The game was even, except whenever it was on the line. Then yesterday was Patriots' Day, as it often is this time of year.
    The New York Jets did an admirable job of keeping yesterday's AFC wild-card playoff game close for 3 1/2 quarters. They battled, they fought, they clawed, they competed.

Thanks for the link even if it wasnt meant for me!
    kill this thread its a dead issue we didnt get out coached!

#62 JUNJOBX2199, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  2. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Exactly Right

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I can't answer that because I only saw the Jets game, but from what I read the Colts must had made some great adjustments on D because they shut LJ down and we all know how bad the Colts run D was.

4. billybob

billybob New Member

Agree 1000%

5. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Agreed, 2,000,000%.

6. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I think the Pats were better prepared to deal with the lateral on the hitch play that Wilfork returned. That's a reflection of coaching.

It's no shame to be outcoached on a play by the best coach in the league. And I'm quite sure our coach will not let this happen again.

7. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

I don't know about the being out coached.. but...I can tell you Brady is one of the best I've ever seen

8. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

No way dude , Your telling me that an individual players break on the ball is a reflection of coaching, then every time a team looses in the NFL They were out coached . Take a momment to think about that and think again.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how about defining what players and coaches are responsible for and then judging them accordingly to their performance. without that, your broad statement has absolutley no meaning.

simplified, I hold coaches responsible for preparation and play calling, and players responsible for execution. granted, coaches are also responsible for their players execution by perfecting it in practice, but I somehow doubt your position is that the players weren't prepared and the "outcoached" part you speak of was game time coaching.

the Jets were prepared, and were nose to nose with the patriots into the 4th quarter where some player mistakes burried us. I don't see how that was coaching, unless you want to claim it was the preparation aspect of coaching, but that would mean Mangini was outcoached in preparation, not the game.

by your vague position of outcoached, all it means is that every losing team is outcoached, that is why they lost: the winning coach simply coached a little better to win. but if that is your argument, what is the point of taking such a position, it has no analysis whatsoever of coaching performance, simply dependent upon the outcome of the game, not what occured within it.

10. Mr Nflfan

Mr Nflfan New Member

Why?

#1 Ty Warren was out for that game
    #2 Richard Seymour was moved from LDE to RDE and wasn't 100% but he did play.
    #3 the Pats underestimated the jets and their game plan which the jets coming off a bye week had 2 weeks to prepare. Still you only won by 3 points which was surprising considering how badly the pats played.

11. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Out Coached??? Did you watch the game. We got out played, by a team that has better TALENT. Plain and simple.

Ellis

12. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I'm only talking about that one play. I'm telling you that a well-prepared team goes after the ball first and asks questions later.

In a perfect world, if an offense runs that play regularly, all eleven men should be keyed onto that ball if it falls to the ground.

I fully expect Mangini to drill the offense on this during the offseason. I think this is the last time we'll see all but two Jets standing around with a live ball on the ground.

13. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Pete Kendall was asked that along with a few other Jets and basically they all said "Hells no." If the players buy in...i buy in.