Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by abyzmul, Nov 29, 2022.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is it just me or did the dust settle and it turned out that Russell Wilson really is an enormous flake and the Seahawks are better off without him?

Latest from the drama in Denver:

2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think that Pete Carroll is a lot better coach than a lot of us gave him credit for being. Wilson leaves Seattle and tanks. Geno Smith comes to Seattle and becomes a star. Coincidence?

3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

this.

all his mental conditioning malarkey...

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I was really close to starting a thread yesterday regarding Wilson and how screwed the Bronco's are for years due to the crazy ass contract he got. They have to post-june-1 dump him in 2023 or 2024 and take a big cap dead money hit (like 30 million) else in 2025 in actually goes up due to the contract extension (like to 50 million).

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Early on Wilson was a product of the system they set up for him, which featured a great running game and a great defense. He contributed heavily in a limited way due to the passing game they set up for him. As he settled in he got to be very good at running that particular passing system and the Seahawks maintained their play levels while the running game and defense both declined.

Here's a very good explanation of what was going on and why Russell Wilson was likely to get in trouble in Denver.

This breakdown was posted in July and it is prescient.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

There's a lot of context to why Seattle is doing well, and it goes far beyond Geno.

Carroll had a draft nearly as good as ours, with way worse draft position. It was a weird draft too. The tackle they took 9th overall (Charlie Cross from the Wilson trade) lost the battle in camp to a tackle they took 72 overall, Abraham Lucas, whose been a stud. They found a star CB with pick 153, and another solid corner with pick 109, and Kenneth Walker in the 2nd. Also landed a pretty good edge with Boye Maffe in the 2nd.

Got a star rookie RB, OT, and CB, plus a solid edge and corner with 5 picks. And they still have their 9th pick, Cross, developing. Add to that they also got Noah Fant and Shelby Harris from Denver and you have a quick rebuild. Not to mention they have Denver's 1st and 2nd next year.

Like the Adams trade accelerated our rebuild, the Wilson trade has really speed up theirs.

Brook! likes this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

There's comments from Sherman who said that if you even wanted to contact Wilson you needed to reach out to his agent to get his number then he would forward the message and have Russ call you back. Then having your own office in the facility, like what? Dude marries Ciara and starts thinking he's JayZ. FOH... he's such a fruitcake

FJF likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Dude is corn flakes. It’s so over the top it almost seems fake.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Not to defend Wilson as he is having issues no doubt, but his head coach is Paul Hackett's son, come on now

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its not just Wilson. Its very strange to see Wilson, Rodgers, and Ryan look as bad as they have. A true changing of the guard.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  12. Br4d

This is maybe not so far off target. Not because he's Hackett's son but because he is an offensive coordinator's son.

Russell Wilson does really well in a specific system. Put him in your system instead and you get what is happening this season.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think this is more about his personality than his performance.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I had a feeling the Broncos would regret trading for him, but didn't think it would be this soon after the move.

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It was the same way with Joe Namath in the 70s….I read a story when Lou Holtz became the Jets coach and wanted to reach out to Namath. He was told the same thing ….”we’ll contact him and he’ll reach out to you”…LOL. Of course there was no social media back then or cell phones really.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This damn Wilson family... bunch of entitled primadonnas

17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

18. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

There were a few on TGG that wanted Wilson to the Jets. I wonder how he would done here. Like he did in Seattle or like he is doing in Denver?

19. Br4d

He'd have gotten into a death match with Mike LaFleur that played out in the tabloids.

Just watch the video. The guy does a really good job of breaking down what works and explaining why it doesn't work so good against good defenses in the playoffs.

20. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I also remember that some were mad at McCagnan because he could have drafted him and didn't. I don't know who he drafted instead of Wilson but I am almost sure it didn't work out. Don' t remenber who the Jets OC and HC were at the time.