Studs and Duds week 12 vs Chi

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 28, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs - really the whole team but i'll highlight the top few

Mike White - looked way better this year then last. actually made some intermediate throws, almost 0 mistakes (had 1 that should have been picked but otherwise was flawless) ran the offense, took what the D gave him and let our play-makers make plays. spread the ball out, had 10 different players catch balls

Bam Knight - been wanting to see what this kid can do. had 100+ total yards (jets record for a player in their debut)

Garrett Wilson - 5 for 95 and 2 TDs

O-line - run game was impressive and QB was kept clean.

Defense - don't really think anyone stood out, just a solid effort. 1st 2 drives were tough then we shut them out the rest of the game. D was still good those drives, their WRs just made some ridiculous catches in tight coverage.

Coaching staff - this was a compete game from start to finish and we dominated. the change to white seemed to spark the offense. hell even moore looked good and had a TD and threw a nice block downfield on a run play.

Duds

none really , I could be picky and add mann for dropping a FG attempt but weather was bad and it was a fluke. GZ missed a FG but it was a 53 yarder and he hit form 57 earlier at a more important time so can't call either of them duds really. whole team played well

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I notice at times the defense starts slow but adjusts really well and is lights out in the second half. That is a sign of good coaching.

abyzmul, Pepsiguy5, egelband and 4 others like this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'd put Ty down as a stud--that TD was a back-breaker for the bears and a very solid run.

I guess you can put the D as a stud although it was at best an average game for them IMO. A couple bad throws by Siemian got us off the field a time or two. Like you say, solid performance--if that's the criteria of "stud" then so be it.

egelband, Hemi, papapump and 3 others like this.
  4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Think that's harsh. Yes there was no outstanding player on the D, but they held the Bears to 10 points and they only sustained 3 drives in the entire game, one of which was garbage time in a prevent mode and ended by an interception anyway. The only reason they scored 10 was due to some unbelievable catches where the D had excellent coverage - the one taken out of Reed's hands being the best example. I'll take that each week.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not just this game, b huff seems to make a play every game.

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Though to be fair, left unblocked with a clear run to the QB, I'd be disappointed if he hadn't.

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

8. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

He was Big no pun intended

TwoHeadedMonster and Losmeister like this.
  9. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Stud
    C.J. Mosley for his clutch interception ending the Bears scoring threat late in the game.

#9 BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

really he's prolly my favorite story this year... WhT a difference maker

egelband and Nyjets4eva like this.
  11. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

same here he’s been everything we needed plus more. Especially with AVT going down and other guys on the Oline

egelband, IDFjet and Losmeister like this.
  12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think you are with the majority opinion on this so I'll defer--just my perception--these gaping holes reminded me of some bad times--maybe I'm overthinking it but I'm not worried--just quizzical as to why this happened--maybe the Bears had a good game plan or as @Lon Chaney said conditions were tough. Maybe that caused it to be harder to fill the gaps.

#12 IDFjet, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  13. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Not in any order

Elijah
    Garrett
    White
    Knight
    The OL played lights out great
    TE's in the mix catching passes all over the field

Now imagine if our receipt taking HC would have pulled the QB making the switch in the 4th quarter (or sooner) of the NE game. We would be 8-3 going to Minny. The offensive effort and success yesterday tells a lot about the QB position with this team. It is plainly obvious (to me anyway), that ZW does not know how to play QB at this level yet. I am not making Mike White out to be Joe Montana, but at least he knows how to play the position. Just the way he operated in the pocket, moving back and forth, or to the side not running around like a waterbug, taking the underneath when it was there, and never being afraid to get hit. A very impressive QB performance albeit against a crap defense.

azhar80, egelband, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

yeah, but being honest he could easily be in the dud category. Saw him dogging it a couple times, including the Bears big run on their first drive. It was uncharacteristic so I’ll give a pass.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Good Studs & Duds list @GasedAndConfused

This game could have easily gone sideways after the distraction of benching Zach.
    Instead the team responded with a comfortable win over a team they should have beat.

The coaching on this team continues to impress.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they really rallied behind white. it's gonna be hard to go back to zach at this point. I doubt it happens this season outside of injury

mrjet80, Acad23 and Jets79 like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He wasn't dogging it on that run. He's losing his speed and took an angle that he really can't take anymore.

He still ended up catching the runner at the end of the play, even though Sauce got all kinds of credit for the "tackle". It was CJ that got the guy down from behind, Sauce just stood there and let the guy fall into him.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Stud - Jet fans who showed up big time and supported this team under crazy rain.

If Jets are competitive, Jet fans will show up everywhere. Rain or snow.

azhar80, Doreblade, ouchy and 7 others like this.
  19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah we got so used to seeing this during the Gase years we've just come to take it for grante.....

Oh wait... yeah... we NEVER saw that ever during the Gase years. What a nice change.

mrjet80 likes this.
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Jets, it's like when you get braces off your teeth and you don't wear your retainer and your teeth shift because of bone and muscle memory. That's how I am after decades of brutality, and it's hard not to let my past disappointments color the present.

This is the last time - I hope - that I mention the last Cheats loss, but that loss was so fckn Jets it defies a verbal description. The pain, the knife twisting, the typical predictability of being that putrid, that level of putrid, in such a huge, critical spot, you can't script it. Unless you're who? The Jets.

It's like when a pathological liar tells the truth for once and you go, yeah, whatever buddy. It's really difficult for me not to lapse into the bitterness that they've taught me. It's learned behavior, it is.

I'm probably one of the harshest critics of this franchise, but if I'm going to rip them for those years of brutality I have to start giving them credit for starting to figure it out.

Getting the Idiot Brothers out of the room, I can't impress enough upon anyone how important that one move was. I am sold on Saleh but I'm still peeved over not sitting Joseph Smith when it mattered the most.

All that being said, I think the biggest differences between Fat Parcells, Rex Ryan's teams and Saleh's tean are age, talent, ridiculous contracts, the meddling Idiot Brothers, and the GM. So, kind of all of it.

Studs: The Future
    *Duds: The Past

*Could still crop up like a bad rash. It's the Jets.

Brook! likes this.