I am a Zach supporter, but I am also a realist...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Nov 28, 2022.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I would love to have Zach be our franchise QB, but right now Mike White is better than Zach in many ways.
    For one he throws a much more catchable, accurate, receiver friendly ball. No drops yesterday in the rain, Zach at QB is good for 2 drops a game & 2-3 bad throws a game. Mike makes it all look easy. He is better than Zach at reading defenses, & going through his progressions. The offense just seems to run smoothly with Mike at the helm. As long as Mike keeps producing, he deserves to be the starting QB. He is only 27 & could easily give Zach a run for his money to be our franchise QB. Zach may be more gifted physically but Mike is more gifted between the ears & has more than enough physical tools to play the position. I will ride the bandwagon of whoever Saleh puts out there, but they better not let Mike slip away in free agency. I trust Saleh to do whatever is best for the Jets. The team comes first....GO JETS !!

boozer32, tomdeb, Nyjets4eva and 20 others like this.
  2. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Perhaps the sitting and watching will do Zach some good. Mike White has had lots of that during his career to date.

azhar80, Cman68, dmw and 13 others like this.
  3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

My issue is sitting and watching won't fix accuracy.

SOJAZ, JETFUEL1580 and Jets69 like this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You know, maybe there really is something to this idea that you learn a lot by running the scout team in practice for a couple of years.

rammagen, azhar80, twown and 6 others like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You know as I harken back to those first games Wilson QBed the scary throws that were way too high or the ones that landed at the receivers feet just acted as haunting images for me of the Franchises possible future failures ..and here Wilson was our "savior"

The ship is rightened its course ..

And the future for Zach ? Well hope for the best..but we have a playoff to attend and its 12 years now!

BudJet likes this.
  6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I know this isn't strictly what you said...but it's true. Right now, Mike White is better than Zach and I don't think it's even close.

Borat, Cman68, dmw and 2 others like this.
  7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

True, but fixing his techneche will.

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Will that also improve his ability to see the open receivers and read the D? There are just so many reasons why White is way ahead of Wilson at the moment. To paraphrase another poster earlier today, Zach is spectacularly failing QBing101 at the moment and while he has certain desireable traits they are nice to haves rather than essentials.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Wilson never should have been drafted, he was over hyped by the media, Wilson isn't all the sudden just get it, and turn the page, why we keep beating his name is ridiculous

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Well said, @BudJet! I agree with everything you said. Too early for franchise QB talk, but he has definitely earned a spot on this team in 2023.

I think it has definitely helped White. Zach won't get that much time, but it should definitely help him.

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I definitely under estimated how bad Zach is.

He's having these mechanical and accuracy issues in practice, and he shouldn't see the field until he gets it fixed to a point where he becomes a master of mechanics.

If you think about what you've heard from the WR room this year, it's always been there. In preseason GW was praising the touch Flacco had. Moore during his trade request said he didn't know his chemistry with Zach. Not that it sucks, just that he had no idea because he doesn't throw to him. Really because Zach can't, not anything else.

Now look at the team. They clearly like White on a personal level moreso than Zach, and White is also clearly the better QB. That all played out pretty publicly, and I'm not sure anyone would be able to come back from that. It's probable Zach gets shipped out because he's lost the locker room and he may not be able to get it back.

#11 JackBower, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  12. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

so who is the worst? Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold or Zack Wilson ?

13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah it may not be impossible to win back a locker room, but honestly he got benched because he has just flat out sucked. His career completion rate is mid50% and it was a disgusting 40% in that Patriots game. The Pats are good…they’re not the 85 Bears. That sorry ass performance was just too much to ignore any more.

but to me the issue is that he hasn’t improved in that respect. It’s no better this year than it was last year. For all the eye test BS, the stats never changed even as the sample size kept getting bigger. Yards per game as well. I get it, it’s hard to throw for more yards when you can’t complete enough passes. But jeez…it was worst in the league last year and same this year. Watching that offense yesterday was night and day. Hitting receivers quickly in stride. Hitting ten different receivers. We came into this season saying we had improved the skill positions and man we have 2 TEs who can catch, we have a pretty good group of WR including a rookie who looks like a future WR1 star, we have a few good backs…it hurt losing our home run threat in Hall but Bam and Ty looked good yesterday too….there are weapons in this team it’s just ZW couldn’t find them half the time, and then couldn’t hit them accurately half the time when he did find them.

our team has developed ahead of schedule and while I think Saleh should have benched ZW a week earlier I’m glad he finally did the right thing…

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Come on now, you would bench him after Buffalo game? Saleh did the right thing at the right time.

15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant he should’ve been benched during that Pats game…at halftime or shortly thereafter….he was atrocious…

but yeah, I’ve been complaining about his lack of accuracy for a long time now….55% completion rate may have been the norm in the 1970s but it’s worst in the league territory in todays game and he hasn’t improved it so far…yes even given the Buffalo game where he did great in terms of completion rate his season total is still shit….

azhar80 and SOJAZ like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t get the Zach supporter thing. We all are. But if he sucks, it’s OK to say he sucks until he proves otherwise. It doesn’t mean I hope he’s not Brett Favre.

azhar80, SOJAZ, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  17. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Zach has lost the locker room. The guys were pumped for Mike White and you could see it. It'll be hard to get that back.

18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

That takes hard work during the off-season. Hopefully for his career’s sake he puts it in.

19. Khan

Khan Active Member

Right now it's Sanchez because he's the only one completely out of the league and the only one that tasted Brandon Moore's ass. Geno's having a helluva season and Darnold won yesterday, they're not done yet and neither is Zach.

boozer32, TwoHeadedMonster and Noam like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Zach is the worst. Geno and Sam were held back by their teammates and coaches, and it turns out Geno has managed to fix his inconsistency all these years later. Not sure if Sam will ever do that, but it would be nice to see him on a better team than the Panthers. Sanchez was bad in his fourth year and fell apart in what should have been midway through his career, but he also had two decent seasons for us. Zach has been in a good situation, particularly this year, and has shown absolutely nothing. Maybe he turns it around at some point, but as of now, this is how it is.

SOJAZ likes this.