Zach Benched

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 23, 2022.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Incredibly harsh but unfortunately it kinda looks true, they were all over White after the final whistle during the interviews, not saying they have not done the same for Wilson, I just haven't seen that.

[​IMG]

Jets81, The Dark Knight and Cman68 like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its harsh but I'm not trying to be harsh. It just exists. I saw it last season too with Cole and Crowder, and when I mentioned it here I got flamed. I watch a lot of football and its rare to see a QB always isolated on the sidelines, especially every game. Zach isn't a leader and the harsh truth is he's lost the team. QBs don't recover from that very often. He might have some success down the road but it wont be here.

3. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I think this is an impossible question to answer because the NFL is one of those professions in this country that has an extreme cultural code of silence regarding anything that could be perceived as negativity in public. In the NFL it's often worse to talk about a teammate being a horrific person than it is to actually be the horrific person.

For me personally, whenever I see even remote problems or abnormalities coming from the locker room - the slightest inkling of frustration with another player, or an excess of silence in a situation where you'd expect public support - it speaks volumes. And it's really all you're ever going to get in in this league when you're trying to get a read on a negative locker room situation - if you're even that lucky.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, you may be right.

ouchy likes this.
  5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Someone looks hurt the team is playing well without him awwwww

6. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

If buy this more if Flacco didn’t start the first 3. I guess you can make the argument that if white played well it would be harder to pull him than a washed Flacco.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t think his footwork is as big of an issue as everyone makes it. Footwork in general has kind of become the boogeyman excuse for struggling young quarterbacks.

It can definitely be taught in a traditional sense, but NFL QB’s have no choice but to throw efficiently on the move whether that’s in the pocket or outside of it.

Accuracy and pocket presence are two extremely difficult things to improve and he struggles big time in both departments. Accuracy also shows up in different ways. Inaccurate quarterbacks aren’t only the Hackenberg’s that air mail everything.

Eli is a good example of this. He was not an accurate passer. He was elite at almost everything else including the mental part of the game. Eli threw a lot of interceptions that hit his receivers hands but were bad passes.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Oh great... now he's going to end up on the PATS and do evil things to the universe

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Shocker. Turns out Zach actually was looking at the fabled tablet just prior to Flacco sitting down and then Zach gave the tablet to Flacco.

Must means he's gonna turn it around now, right everyone? Since he was clearly a bust and a terrible teammate on the flip side of this coin. /s

11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I mention the same thing in another thread. If he'll be special it'll be for another franchise.

ouchy likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He was playing Candy Crush though.

13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Probably clicked on the ad at the bottom that said, "Meet Hot, Older Singles in your area!" too.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, but only if he earns it in practice.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And there were reports that he's been diagnosed as being OCD and ADHD, two conditions that tend to inhibit comfortable interactions with people. That doesn't excuse him of course. If he wants to lead people he needs to figure out a way to overcome these hurdles, but it may take him more time than others to form good relationships. But if he can't, or he continues to struggle, then maybe he's just not cut out for this role.

And let me stress that IDK if this is the case, it's just my speculation based on what I remember/hearing at some point.

Borat likes this.
  16. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I have another one for you. He's just not good and it doesn't matter where he plays, he will still not be good.

Jeff M likes this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What a dick for stealing and then peaking into Flacco's tablet.

MoWilkBeast and KY Jets Fan like this.
  18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Clearly an awful person and teammate. Glad we benched him.

Borat likes this.
  19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yep, to both of you. The real truth of it is that no-one wants - wanted - Zach Wilson to fail. If he fails, we're in the same boat we're always in. If the guy shows up, shows marked improvement, everybody's happy. That isn't what happened.

I admit I had far more tolerance for Sam Darnold than I should have. I gave him a longer leash than he probably deserved that was influenced by the fact that he was a nice, mature, respectful young man and he wasn't a tool. I also know that being nice and a handful of pennies won't get me on the subway. I think I was just so tired of being disappointed that I was grasping at straws for something that wasn't there.

Anyway, kicking your defense off a cliff is tool territory. Darnold not a tool, Z Wison, a tool. I'm not saying that Mike White is the answer, it's that Zach Wilson clearly is not. At least not here, as opined.

[​IMG]

It's not personal, Sonny, it's strictly business.

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Nice supposition. He may not been planning but he ceratinly "seemed" like he wasn't engaged with his teammates. Did you see him congradulate anyone? I certaily didn't and they continued to show shots of him during the game and he had the same expression. Just an observation.