The Mike White Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Idk if I would had Dick wood permanently, but I would of had wood dick for sure for at least two days like the blue pills

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

You left out the most important one. Blaming the receivers for not catching those.

James Hasty likes this.
  3. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

that one is important. Who doesn’t love when he runs backwards 15 yards and acts like he’s trying to make a play bc nobody was open, then gets mad the WR didn’t catch it while contested ughhh

4. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Funny how these guys were magically open yesterday. It’s almost like knowing how a play is supposed to develop is important and you don’t have to wait 45 seconds to throw every down.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I’m delighted as well. He Executed. Was it always pretty? No. Will he have another superb game like this? Probably not. But as ESPN Orlovsky stated, “he’s the best one going forward with playoffs on the line especially with the defense the Jets have. He doesn’t have to be spectacular and if he can give the Jets 17 points, they got a good shot. With ZW right now, you don’t”. I agree.

But the biggest thing for me was MW throwing to 10 different receivers, maybe that’s not significant or important but when things doesn’t go fluid offensively, I think one way to move the offense is being aware of the targets. ZW failed that last week as well as few games. But with MW, he seems to know the first target, 2nd target, 3rd target, forth target and last target. Sure the offense line did its job holding a lot of pressure but White’s awareness and seeing the field is a different take and definitely put the defense on the defensive.

SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Another glaring error was when he didn't under throw a pass out of bounds , into the diving arms of a defender in an attempt to kill a play.

I don't want to knock Zach too much. I'd rather make it about praising Mike White. before we know it we could be seeing Zach back in a crucial situation.

#286 LogeSection2RowJ, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    azhar80 and James Hasty like this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This has turned out to be one hell of an interesting season. We've had three different QB's start games so far, and it's not a shitshow (for once).

SOJAZ, Nyjets4eva and Acad23 like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yep...
    We are usually off the rails and out of playoff contention by this point in a season.

The pitchforks and torches have been stashed away... for now.

9. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

If he keeps playing well, I think this will be the biggest reason. He had no tight ends last year that could catch, we added a #1 receiver, and even with all of the injuries, the O line is better. He gets the added bonus of a great defense, so he really doesn't have to do too much. Take what is there and they will be able to score.

This offense was just begging for competent qb play...Hopefully we we have that and then some with Mike "effing" White.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I said before the game that starting Mike White would answer a bunch of questions.

For example... how effective is LaFleur's offensive scheme when piloted by a competent quarterback.
    And how good are our receivers when they are getting the ball in a timely fashion with the opportunity to get some yac.
    How would the team pull together after the benching of Zach Wilson.

Those questions... and more... were answered yesterday. And quite definitively in my opinion.

SOJAZ, Brook!, azhar80 and 8 others like this.
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

White sliding to the left and then hitting Moore for the TD was a thing of beauty. He moved 5+ yards to avoid the rush and kept his eyes downfield the entire time.

SOJAZ, Brook!, azhar80 and 6 others like this.
  12. Br4d

Really these questions were answered last year in exactly the same fashion and yet it was apparently too early for the Jets to sit ZW down.

I'm just hoping that we're set on a different path at this point. Saleh's comment yesterday about White making the easy things look easy can be read a bunch of different ways.

Nyjets4eva and Jets79 like this.
  13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

100% agree. The Jets delivered in all facets yesterday. That one puzzle piece that's been missing all season was finally placed and the picture became very clear. Mike White is the straw that stirs the drink. Cheers Jets fans!

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I agree.
    I think the agenda to develop our high draft pick quarterback (and sell tickets) trumped basic football logic to a large degree.
    Saleh said in his presser today that Mike White had to work through some football issues in camp... for what that's worth.

Unfortunately for Zach... the rest of the team got a whole lot better a whole lot faster than him.
    It became untenable to continue to put Zach out there when his lack of production was hurting the team... and the w/l record.

It's OK... we're in good shape with Mike White. How far he can take this team is directly proportional to how he plays within
    the "system"... and stays upright of course.

p.s. Saleh also reiterated that the start at Qb is a week to week decision... to be made by him and him alone.

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Zach's development was... and still is... important on a few levels.

Whatever happens with our quarterback position... it's best for everyone involved that Zach Wilson gets his shit together.

SOJAZ, azhar80, Nyjets4eva and 2 others like this.
  16. Br4d

The rest of the team clearly does not like ZW on the field at the most important position. It's impossible to avoid that conclusion at this point.

I think Saleh can say whatever he wants to say but if he wants to remain Captain of the ship he needs to do what the crew wants.

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Stashed in Zach's back more like

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We are not getting a second rounder for Zach at this point. Yes, Josh Rosen was able to fetch the second rounder, but it was after the rookie year. Josh didn't have much to work with in his rookie year, and though he shit the bed, the thought was he was just a rookie on a bad team. He never played second year before the trade. After he played part of the second year and sucked again, he had no value at all. Granted I don't think Zach is in Rosen territory just yet, but I am afraid he is closer to that than FQB. He has played 7 games in the second year, and played poorly. He also had a good team. His value right now is total crap, maybe a mid rounder.

To me right now the most optimistic scenario is that White balls out and we resign him, while Zach becomes a good back-up for next year. If White is hurt at some point, Zach will get another chance and can drive up his value. If he does we can then talk about trading him for some meaningful assets or heck, if miracle happens and he plays like Mahomes in Mike's absence, he could replace him. At this point though the way I see it, Zach sits and learns the rest of the season, because he is not ready yet, works hard off-season, and if Mike proves to be FQB and we resigns him, waits for his opportunity next year.

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think Saleh has done everything correctly when it comes to QB decisions up to this point. He did say Mike didn't have a great training camp. This was corroborated by beat writers who were present at these practices. Both Zach and Flacco legitimately outplayed him. It was also corroborated by two poor preseason games, where Mike looked like shit against scrubs. He did come on strong in the last preseason game against the starters. At that point he was fairly QB3, and maybe should have been QB4. Given he was 27 and had poor training camp and 2 of 3 bad preseason games, I for one thought he was done.

However, according to reports, he practiced best of all 3 QBs mis-season, and that caused Saleh to elevated him to QB2 over Flacco, who was bad in two of three regular season games. In the meantime, Zach got a fair opportunity to complete his second year evaluation and also win some games, which I think Flacco wouldn't necessarily win. If he were to be pulled after first NE game, I felt it was too early. He then had a good Buffalo game and a W, followed up with atrocious NE game, which, in conjunction with White doing well in practice, caused Saleh to start White vs the Bears, where he was able to follow up practices with really good regular season game. So far, I really feel Saleh has done as good a job as any managing this. Yes, Zach and Flacco cost us two games each, but they also helped win some, while White was coming off poor training camp and built himself up during in season practices.

Who know what will happen now. There is cause for optimism, given White did better against Chicago than any other QB that faced that team, but there is also some concern as Mike is 27 and seems inconsistent as far as last year's games, training camp, and preseason. But so far Saleh I feel made the right QB decision every time, and I think this remain the case.

SOJAZ and Noam like this.
  20. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

The Vikings have given up way more yards through the air than the Bears.....