So, how good are we really?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 28, 2022.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

So our remaining schedule is:

@Vikings
    @Bills
    Lions
    Jaguars
    @SEAHAWKS
    @Dolphins

I think if we go 3-3 over the last 6 then we make the playoffs at 10-7. We have some seriously difficult road games left with the Dolphins game being the only one where it won't be deafeningly loud. Vikes, Bills and Hawks all extremely tough places to play. Add to that the Lions and Jags are playing better as of late. We're going to have to earn our way into the playoffs this year, that's for damn sure. I think we can do it. Haven't been this pumped for December football in years.

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

If we are being honest, we aren't great - we've beaten up a lot of backup QBs thus far. The most positive thing is that there isn't an unbeatable team out there at the minute - I would not be surprised if we went 6-0 or 0-6 for the rest of the schedule. A new cycle in the NFL is just beginning and it looks like we might be a part of it.

If we can put together a run of 10 games, played competently, my lifelong dream of Dan Feeney holding aloft the VLT could come true.

Pepsiguy5, mrjet80, FJF and 3 others like this.
  3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

we can play with any team in this league

Jojo, Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

We’re as good as Mike White will be. Period. I have never fallen for a backup QB on this team in my life, but something about MW is different. To me it’s the way the players believe in him that has me feeling optimistic. They seem to love him and he has the attitude and mindset of a leader. Learning the NFL game is extremely difficult, MW has been afforded the luxury that guys like Zach rarely get-the ability to sit and truly learn the nuances of NFL football for years before having to go prove it. The kid understands MLF’s play designs and he takes exactly what the play is designed to take. He may not have elite physical skills, but that’s exactly why you hone his intelligence the way we have. No QB is perfect over a 7 game stretch and I expect him to struggle at times, but he has a very good arm and makes good decisions. Hopefully his immobility doesn’t get him killed.

Pepsiguy5 and SOJAZ like this.
  5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

That’s what pissed me off even more about both Pats games is that we handed them two wins we should have. That would put us at needed one more game or two to solidify our playoff dreams for this year. Saleh hs done great but to let those two games go when at least one was still winnable and he just had to bench that little punk kid makes me so mad

Jojo, Snatch Catch and Jets79 like this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

7. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

They must pack real well

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

this bizarre phenomenon has been going on for years!! truly strange, a statistical outlier.

IDFjet likes this.
  9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The Jets are good enough to beat any team in the AFC in a January.

There isn't a dominate team in the NFL. There are a few good teams. However we have seen plenty of dominate teams lose in January and MANY good teams lose as well.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  10. Losmeister

my WHOLE thing for ZW THIS year was... move out of the bottom 3rd of the league in QBR into the middle.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/adjQBR/dir/desc

he was approaching this goal this year but had those 2 stinkers in a row. so you see the company ZW is in this year.

MWs performance was WAY above avg this week. If we look at what Geno and Brissett are doing... THATS MW's target, imho.

Efficient w/o being spectacular.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. Losmeister

and this happened AFTER Breece went down... smfh.

12. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

We should know how good we are next week. Minnesota is one of the top teams and a big test. If the Jets can win this game, they are a team to be reckoned with.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea it's wild to think about. I think Wilson could still be the starter if Breece didn't get injured. We probably get at least 1 win over NE and we could have been in first place in the division. Wilson would have just been exposed a little later.

SOJAZ, KY Jets Fan and Losmeister like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We might be able to win a road playoff game but I doubt we can beat Burrow or Mahomes. I also think Tennessee would be a bad matchup for us.

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

There will be 5 Jets around the ball and 1 for the other team and we never get it

IDFjet likes this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Minny's D is a little suspect. Pats put up pretty healthy numbers on Thanksgiving. I like the Jets chances.

Pepsiguy5 and Brook! like this.
  17. Ozymandias

It just doesn't make any sense

18. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I hope the Superbowl is Jets-Cowboys and Giant fans are forced to cheer for the Cowboys.

19. Ozymandias

Good team yes, but they play in one of the worst divisions in football. I think we can hang with them.

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I know--its like shocking if we actually recover a fumble--its been this way for years it seems to me