Zach Benched

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 23, 2022.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Just about every throw he made was the right throw. We have had open receivers all year regardless of who the defense was. In all those cases all that needed to happen was for the QB to make the right throw. Mike White showed that he can read the field and execute the plays that MLF designed to get a receiver open. The plays are designed to have an answer to any type of defense it faces. It just matters to understand where the mismatch is and get the ball there. Occasionally MLF will get too cute with certain designed plays like the weird wide tosses and passes, but his standard downfield pass play designs are stellar. Chi may not be world beaters but nothing that happened today wasn’t happening all year, so I’m not buying the weak defense theory.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

That's my quarterback...now :D

SOJAZ and Nyjets4eva like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I will say today was not a great look for Zach. Every offensive player seemed more engaged and excited, especially the WR's and TE's. That can't be a good sign for him as a leader/QB. Hopefully he can learn from Mike White. The Jets succeeding without Zach is a blessing though, as he can truly improve and reset while not being rushed back to the field.

Mike White earned the starting role today. No question.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wow shades of Drew Bledsoe who really though Tom B would be a backup QB for life heh..They had a special on NFL Network a couple of months ago on Tom Brady's early days..Drew Bledsoe was the high end draft pick but when TB took over and started the Pats winning Bellichek had to make the tough call , make TB the starter, and send Bledsoe to Palookaville

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No, we don't have to think that at all. It may have been a possibility but almost anything is possible.

We have guys here who have constantly told us how hard Wilson works and studies but half this thread is about him not being interested enough in his team and this game to even follow along on a tablet. This is precisely what he needs to figure out - how did White make that play happen, where were the defenders, what were the routes? These are the things he has demonstrated he cannot grasp in real time and he had a front row opportunity to school himself and passed on it. There's not a coach in the world, dead or alive, who can help a student who isn't interested in learning.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That tweet is idiotic garbage and certainly not from White

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  7. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Deleted.

#387 Snatch Catch, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Look, Mike effing White had a great game today, and I am praying he can keep this up and then lock him up long term, then figure out what to do with Zach, but people are positing a picture and blaming Zach just based off of that. How do we know what is really going on there? He doesn't seem to even have a tablet, which Mike and Flacco are looking at. Perhaps it is only for active players who participated in game planning? Saleh did say before he wanted to keep Zach inactive so that he focuses on fundamentals and not on game planning. This is a different situation than Flacco who participated in game planning and may have to enter any minute if Mike is hurt. We have really no idea. I hope Mike will finally be the answer at FQB for the Jets, but this picture doesn't make Zach someone who is disinterested and doesn't want to learn.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

People are piling on and grasping at straws. I haven’t seen any inactive player be involved on the sidelines like they felt Zach should have been. I’ve seen Flacco just stand and watch the game. Just shouldn’t matter, focus on those who are playing.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Look at his background picture on his Twitter account. He’s basically admiring himself in a mirror.

https://twitter.com/ZachWilson/header_photo

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Look, I know everyone wants to pile in on Zach, and deservedly so in many ways. But I'm not going to condemn him based on that still or other in game shots of him. The HC said it was a reset, specifically a fundamentals and mechanics only reset and that he wasn't to be distracted by other things. He was inactive and played no part in game planning. Why would you expect him to be looking at the tablet on that basis? This is exactly the sort of stuff the CS seems to want to get him away from and it's entirely possible they told him not to get involved during the game. I think ZW is likely finished in NY, but its not because of anything he does on the sideline.

KY Jets Fan and Borat like this.
  12. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Zach should have been watching the game upstairs with a coach explaining what Mike white was seeing. That is how you teach

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Come on man. No tablet, not looking at Flacco’s, puss on his face, poor body language. Nothing good about that image as far as Zach’s concerned.

This guy just got deactivated for at the very least playing like absolute trash. He should be trying to learn every second he’s on the sideline and it’s clear that wasn’t the case. What’s so important that it had 3 guys buried in those tablets? If you figure it out let Zach know.

Ralebird, stinkyB, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What about the several other shots where Zach was just staring off into space? There were a few other pictures than the one you saw here.

15. Cman68

If that's the case, what the hell was he doing on the sidelines? He's not involved with the game. He looked as though he could give two fucks about what was happening on the field. You would think a kid anxious about getting his job back would take every opportunity to stay connected with the operations of the offense but not Zach. He's figuring on getting his job back anyway but he's got a rude awakening comin. I think he saw the handwriting on the wall yesterday and that's why the pictures of Zach Wilson were far from jubilant even after TD's. He knows the clock is ticking and has no one to blame but himself. His entitlement card has been pulled and Zach doesn't like it. Want a study in contrasts? Look at Fields' demeanor on the sidelines vs. Zach's. Night and day.

#395 Cman68, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    BamaDoc and Since1969 like this.
  16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The damning still shot of Zach came from a point where the tv cut to him on the bench. We just scored our first TD to take a 7-0 lead. The camera held there for a solid 5 seconds. Zach looked uncomfortable and disinterested. I’ve seen managers in our common folk world deliberately give an employee nothing to do just to see what they do. What Zach went through yesterday was admittedly pretty brutal. Besides losing his job he had to stand there and watch his replacement ball out, his teammates smiling and clearly showing who they’d rather play with, and a crowd that’s literally chanting his replacement’s name. That ain’t easy on the psyche of anyone honestly, much less a kid that has had life handed on a platter his entire existence. BUT…… with that said I ask you this: If Chad Pennington was in the exact same situation, how would he behave on the sideline? Do you not think he’d be clapping it up with teammates, following game plans, studying the film (tablets these days)? I’m pretty sure he’d have a headset on listening to the entire play development from top to bottom.

It looked to me that Zach was basically given free reign to watch the game as he likes and participate as he likes, and I think the way he carried himself was very telling.

17. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

Yesterday my best day as a jets fan since IK punched out Geno in the locker room. Just to now have a path where we can conceivably move forward and not have to complete the charade of giving Z another year is so relieving. Saleh managed this so well.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I was at the game, so didn't see other shots, but went back to broadcast , since you mentioned he wasn't celebrating after the first TD. I only see camera on him minutes after the TD, right before they kicked off. By that time celebrations were over. I think there is a way where we can be happy for what Mike has done, realize Zach is not the guy, at least this year, and hope Mike can be long term answer, without shitting on Zach for not celebrating a TD 5 mins after it happened or not looking at the tablet he didn't have.

19. Cman68

You mean the IPad Zach SHOULD have had. It was his body language I think that reminded everyone why Zach is where he is today. If you get a chance to see the entire game via TV, please do so as they did several shots of Zach. Even while not playing, Zach managed to piss off folks with that far off stare I alluded to. Just seems that yesterday, he really was miserable sitting in the rain watching his job go away. If Zach really wants to become part of this team again, he might want to show us in actions, not words. He should have had an IPad yesterday. He should have been following along the game just like Flacco was doing. He should have been trying to learn why certain things were working for MW and not for him.

Instead, the only thing missing from Zach's appearance yesterday was a shot of him sucking his thumb and stomping his feet. He had the pout working..

Ralebird, SOJAZ and Jeff M like this.
  20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

We just beat the Bears to move to 7-4 on the back of another historic performance by Mike White and we got people upset that an inactive QB wasn't looking at a tablet during the game?

Zach probably won't play again this year, he definitely won't if MW keeps up this level of play, so who cares what he's doing on the sidelines while he's inactive? What part about Saleh saying they were planning to give him time to have a full reset did everyone not get?

Honestly just feels like everyone is looking for Zach's next "mistake" since he can't make them on the field anymore. Just move on guys, Zach's not the answer for this team this year, it's over. It's Mike White SZN.

ColoradoContrails, Borat and Jeff M like this.