The Mike White Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

That part.
    I've been speaking of the politics of this shit for a minute now. Haters gonna scroll tf on but you know what...I wasn't wrong.
    His arrogance came from his sense of entitlement because he felt untouchable and the only way you get that is from the GM and/or Owner.
    Sorry not Sorry.

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Josh Rosen got dealt for a 2nd rounder after his rookie year. Granted, we’re halfway through Zach’s 2nd year so it’s not totally the same, but I think JD could get similar compensation for Zach if he wanted. There’s always gonna be a GM/HC combo that’s willing to trade for a former 1st round QB.

Lot of season left but part of me hopes Zach does get dealt this offseason, only because that means Mike White played well down the stretch, got us into the playoffs, and proved he can be the starter.

PJ4Ever and mrjet80 like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I seriously doubt this tweet is legit.

4. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

He reminds me of Brady.

5. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I root for whoever is behind center. ZW made that really tough, but, I wanted him to succeed. Now, it's White's time and I'm rooting for him big time. The energy on O just felt different and they responded.

Dick Wood seems redundant.

Does anyone else think Mike White looks a little like Kevin Burkhardt?

PJ4Ever, Acad23, Pepsiguy5 and 2 others like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm no fan of Wilson, but there are some sad arse comments in here.

azhar80, PJ4Ever, Mogriffjr and 2 others like this.
  7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Jets Touchdown Pass Leaders

Flacco - 5
    Wilson - 4
    White - 3
    Berrios - 1

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good post and observations but Mike White is not a UDFA. Mike White was a 5th round draft pick

If not for his fluky Covid year, that’s likely where Zach Wilson woulda been picked

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Mike White didn't get much leash last year because he was stepping in for the 2nd overall pick and had the blow up game in Buffalo, but at this point I think we need to see what we have in Mike White. Even if he has a tough game, it's no reason to go back to Zach. IMO he needs the rest of the season to see if he's your longterm QB, one to compete for the job next year, or just a backup. But more than that, he gives this team the best chance to win. By far

But with two highly impressive starts (a third in the making before injury) where he consistently showed many important traits in a QB, they have something here. But what exactly, let's see.

Interesting that Mike White said he tried to push too hard and make things happen against Buffalo last year (4 INTs). Maybe that's where Saleh's, "You don't need to be the Greatest Show on Turf" comment to him comes from. But he said he learned from it and hopefully that's true. The big difference between this year and last year is he now has many competent skill players and one of the league's best defenses. Less need to push hard when receivers are getting open and the defense will keep any game close

Very excited about the games ahead with Mike White

10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I loved what I saw from White. He checked down a lot to safe throws but took a few shots downfield as well. He was decisive and accurate. And those check-downs are a great option with the skill players we suddenly seem to be overloaded with.

Borat and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I can confirm it's not real, just someone on Twitter creating "parody" as Elon Musk would say

Nyjets4eva and Cman68 like this.
  12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Exactly this.

I am not one who's trashing Zach Wilson, but as a watcher of Jets football for a long time and for that reason, being a somewhat "old guy" now, there is so much to be happy about today. Mike White's game against the Bengals last year can not be regarded as a fluke. While Zach has athletic skills that are special, Mike White has Quarterback skills that are perfect: He's got height, he's got the arm and what beats all of that is, he's got VISION. He's recognizes what's going on quickly and knows what to do right away. Zach does not have that yet. Darnold did not have that either. The fact that Mike White seems to have that edge after only 4 NFL starts makes me wonder where he can go from here. There's a good chance he becomes THE guy. It's still early, but really not that early. If either Sam or Zach had a couple of games like this within their first 4 starts we'd all be going apeshit. I guess we are doing that now. Fingers crossed.

#272 LogeSection2RowJ, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    Nyjets4eva, dmw, Jets79 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

MW has earned himself a contract w/ THIS team. He is AT LEAST a solid b/u.

ZW is mysterious. Now a longshot, it seems.

Nyjets4eva and mrjet80 like this.
  14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yes to me the interesting part is that Zach hasn’t had a game as good as White’s Bears game yet. He just hasn’t. He doesn’t see the field well and doesn’t process quickly enough to get the ball out on time to the right receiver so he’s off target a lot. I don’t know if he can develop that but at this point, White is so clearly the better player that we need to ride him unless he really shits the bed going forward…

MoWilkBeast and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'm also a somewhat "old guy" and I agree with this. Also, he made some Brady-esque throws yesterday. He threw perfect balls to guys that were barely open. Now I want to see him throw a deep sideline ball to a WR just over the outstretched arms of the cornerback and get a completion or pass interference penalty. Brady does that so well!

LogeSection2RowJ and mrjet80 like this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Mike White looked great yesterday. If Zach Wilson had one game like that I think the entire fan base would have lost their minds. I don't see why that can't be the same for Mike. The Bears defense is terrible, but it was about more than just that. The offense looked alive. The players looked happy. Not to mention, Mike White had an amazing game. 3TD 0INT 300+ yards. Can't ask for more from your QB.

True tests are coming up with the Vikings and Bills, but Mike White has earned the right to lead this team.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

White still has a few things to work on.

He constantly forgets to run 15 yards backwards before throwing the ball lulling opposing defenders into a false sense of security..

He also fails to throw a number of floaters to help his receivers develop a sense of urgency when a catchable ball comes their way.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Vikings D is just as bad as the Bears. I would actually be shocked if MW didn't have a good game vs them.

19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If Zach, hell if any of the QBs the Jets have drafted high in the last 13 years, had produced 2 performances in their first 5 starts that were remotely like MFW's best 2 games, even allowing for 1 clunker thrown in for good measure, this board would have permanent Dick Wood!

20. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Until yesterday the Jets were operating with only a fraction of their offense. Now with White under center this team can hurt opponents in numerous ways. Add to the that White's Lightning quick 2.36 snap to throw, good enough for 8th fastest in the NFL. This Jets team is a force to be reckoned with.

#280 BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    azhar80 and Borat like this.